What will the South Florida ballers do now?

They will do what they’ve always done, that will never change...

But what has changed is Mario will be able to go National & pull kids from all over.

We will no longer be South FL dependent, the ones that wanna come will, the ones looking for an excuse to go to Bama, UGA, TAMU etc, will still leave.
facts

Advertisement
We have the money, we have a legit winning head coach, we have one of the best staffs in the nation with the deepest ties to the local high schools and high school coaching community.

So is the wall finally going to be real? Do the top kids finally come en masse ? Not just 1 out of the top 5, but 3+, and not just 2-3 of the top 10, but 7+? Do they stay home and not go to Bama, Ohio State, Georgia? Do we sweep whom we want FSU and UF?
You do realize that 1 out of the top 5 and 2-3 of the top 10 would be a huge improvement. In fact, I think that would be the core of a truly great class.

They will do what they’ve always done, that will never change...

But what has changed is Mario will be able to go National & pull kids from all over.

We will no longer be South FL dependent, the ones that wanna come will, the ones looking for an excuse to go to Bama, UGA, TAMU etc, will still leave.
I was just about to post something similar. We're nationally now. South Florida kids are front runners once they see that U named trending with recruits they'll follow.

Advertisement
I was just about to post something similar. We're nationally now. South Florida kids are front runners once they see that U named trending with recruits they'll follow.
Agree with both of you.

As far as the South Florida kids I'm never going to hold it against the rare kid that just wants to go away for school or wants a college town type of experience.

That being the main crux of a kid's choice IS rare though so I think we're gonna see something become extremely evident in the near future as we hopefully start to eliminate the on-field excuses these kids used to give for leaving and we hopefully stay competitive NIL-wise.

I think we're gonna see obvious examples where no other bullsh!t excuses can be made with a straight face and the only rationale for a kid going to certain places was that a handler or "mentor" was taken care of- disirregardless of what's best or even most lucrative for the actual kid.

Of course, none of this will be new but certain Mo-ron types won't even be able to use their typical justifications.

Yes! Canenation will Be phucking for real now. **** we have been phucking sine mario was announced. But know canenation will have it’s own phucking channel For the entire nation to watch.

Advertisement
If we can sustain the $$$$ game and perform on the field, we'll keep more top kids home, but no team gets a 100% of the guys they recruit. Georgia and Baga in unique situations because the are technically the One big time team in their state and their instate kids are loyal. We'll keep 40% of the top SOFL kids home soon, IMO.

We still have to win; so, at best, it will have to be a process over the next 3-5 years. Remember that the 2023 kids and beyond have never seen UM be relevant.

Winning is one part, certainly but we now have elite, top recruiters across both sides of the ball. Combine those collectively and we’ll start to see the turnaround both in recruiting and on the field.

They will either be massive losers and go elsewhere, or they will stay here.

Advertisement
We still have to win; so, at best, it will have to be a process over the next 3-5 years. Remember that the 2023 kids and beyond have never seen UM be relevant.
Great recruiters aren't dependent on a great win-loss record, see Jimbo @ A&M for example, mediocre results and top classes every year in his tenure so far.

Advertisement
Great recruiters aren't dependent on a great win-loss record, see Jimbo @ A&M for example, mediocre results and top classes every year in his tenure so far.
Mediocre results as far as their expectations, but in the totality of college football, they are still viewed as above average. They’re one of the few teams that has beat recently.

Our records weren’t all that different last year, but against a common opponent, we looked significantly worse.

Last edited:
How many consistent average to poor teams are recruiting in the top 5?
None consistently but it's been proven great recruiters are capable of top 5 results without a great initial on field result: Kirby, Jumbo, and Saban all did it having less than 9 wins in year 1 at there current locations. Luckily we're in the ACC so I doubt we'll be average much longer considering the talent acquisition upgrades we're about to experience.

Advertisement
Back