What will the South Florida ballers do now?

Advertisement
Great recruiters aren't dependent on a great win-loss record, see Jimbo @ A&M for example, mediocre results and top classes every year in his tenure so far.
Yes, I think we can start getting top 5 classes as early as 2023. But I'm talking about the wall around south Florida, where we get our pick of the litter and the SEC gets our second-choice kids. That will take a few years, I think. We will have to win the ACC, at least, which I expect to take 2-3 years.

Just saying the best coaches start out with bad records and being in dogs
There’s always an early bump. If success isn’t sustained, recruiting will drop. Mario will be uber successful the next couple years in recruiting. If it’s year 5 and we’re winning 6-7 games, we won’t be recruiting top 5 classes. Like I said, I’d be shocked if that happened.

Yes, I think we can start getting top 5 classes as early as 2023. But I'm talking about the wall around south Florida, where we get our pick of the litter and the SEC gets our second-choice kids. That will take a few years, I think. We will have to win the ACC, at least, which I expect to take 2-3 years.
In this day and age a wall will never be built around south florida again. None of these kids have seen Miami be great within their lifetimes. All we can do is a better job at grabbing our fair share of local studs and supplementing that with hand picked OOS guys. Mario will recruit at an elite level but elite recruiting doesn't exactly equate to landing every local talent we want, especially as long as Saban, Jimbo, and Kirby are around.

Give them a reason to come and we're in our way to that.

There's still plenty of power teams out there and we won't be on their level overnight. So some will naturally leave.

Having said that, we haven't had a staff like this in a long time. They will get theirs, I'm not worried about it.

Advertisement
Too much talent to keep them all home. But we’ll definitely be in the mix from here on out.

I’m not 100% sold you can trust kids from AH and STA, but who knows with Mario anything is possible.
Most of the problem is the parents, I wish they would use the open mindedness they preach.

Henry Parrish is great example of the damage Pride selfishness can do.

Thank God Henry had the gut feeling that what was happening isn’t what it was supposed to be something is wrong here and was able to break the chain the parents wrapped around him.

Henry is unchained now and exploded in his training every single day 24-7 nothing but taking advantage to a second chance to the fullest.

Henry Parrish will be a tremendous mentor and speaker to recruits and young men arriving.

You watch we have a LEADER by example in Henry.

GOCANES

The ingrained cycle of Baga, UGA, and others coming to SOFL and cherry picking kids for those programs will be difficult to break, but with Mario’s recruiting rep and the staff he’s put together so far, that cycle should be broken fairly quick.

There’s always gonna be some kids that just want to get away for whatever reason/s. Mario will overcome that by cherry picking from SOFL and expanding the national footprint. If you look at the rosters from our championship years, there were many starters from other parts of FL and OOS.

Advertisement
We will get first dibs and keep the majority home. They get the guys we normally get in our down time. They will get plan C's while we get plan A's and B's

Prayer GIF

Great recruiters aren't dependent on a great win-loss record, see Jimbo @ A&M for example, mediocre results and top classes every year in his tenure so far.
Even then, Jimbo didn’t sign a top 10 class until 2019, his fifth class at aTm. Jimbo is probably the extreme outlier in that he signs top 10 classes while only winning 9 games a year. It’s great to have the reputation but eventually you have to start producing actual results or kids will lose interest.

Les Miles signed top 5 classes yearly at LSU but all of the sudden his recruiting “juice” disappeared when he went to Kansas.

There’s always an early bump. If success isn’t sustained, recruiting will drop. Mario will be uber successful the next couple years in recruiting. If it’s year 5 and we’re winning 6-7 games, we won’t be recruiting top 5 classes. Like I said, I’d be shocked if that happened.
This. The idea that coaches will be able to consistently pull great classes while going 7-5 is a joke. I don’t care how good of a recruiter you are, eventually you better start winning. Kids want to play for winners and they want bags. If you’re going 7-5, the boosters aren’t dropping bags for you. They want you fired. Kids aren’t stupid. They know who’s on the hot seat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back