What went wrong with this years class?

Half of those 3 stars are getting bumping bro. Blissett, Crowley, Brownlee, and Holley are all getting bumps and Ivins expects us to add Evan Neal, Kenny McIntosh, Keon Zipperer, JJ Weaver, Khris Bogle, Braylen Ingraham, And Richards little bro.

Edit: He also expects Cornelius Nunn at the moment.

We're currently sitting at 18 as per 247.
We finish with these guys and end up around 12th (?).
Bookend that with an 8th last year and a top 5 next year and I'm good.

Advertisement
We're currently sitting at 18 as per 247.
We finish with these guys and end up around 12th (?).
Bookend that with an 8th last year and a top 5 next year and I'm good.
12th without accounting for player bumps. 100 percent gonna happen for Crowley, should happen for Blissett, should happen for Brownlee. Cam Williams might get bumped because of all the attention he’s getting...Nunn might get bumped too.

If we close with all of or nearly all of Neal, Bogle, Weaver, Summerall, Nunn, McIntosh, Zipperer, etc the class will be nearly as good as last year.

I would assume that Crowley and Brownlee for sure and possibly Cameron Williams get bumps to 4 stars.

Not to mention the guys that always come up out of nowhere and the late runs we make at guys to fill out the class (possibly Juco DL, TE, or OL)

There's good players in this class and its just the nature of south Florida that none of the big dogs are committed yet... they all have to drag it out to the end and get all the "love" before they commit.

chatfield was a drop and Jobe had issues. i know a kid who went to fsu because he told me he knew he had to put in some effort academically at Miami. he really should flunk out of FSu with his grades but they are letting it slide. that being said, we missed on too a few elites
We need to level that playing field....see butch would bend the academic nonsense for sure. Kids do to schools if they have less work to do outside of football.

If we close with all of or nearly all of Neal, Bogle, Weaver, Summerall, Nunn, McIntosh, Zipperer, etc the class will be nearly as good as last year.

I would assume that Crowley and Brownlee for sure and possibly Cameron Williams get bumps to 4 stars.

Not to mention the guys that always come up out of nowhere and the late runs we make at guys to fill out the class (possibly Juco DL, TE, or OL)

There's good players in this class and its just the nature of south Florida that none of the big dogs are committed yet... they all have to drag it out to the end and get all the "love" before they commit.
We need elite db help.....should sell out for battle and tyrique

Advertisement
#1 - We are not getting the elites of the elite in South Florida at the moment. So, this takes Ladson, Stevenson, Dent, Battle off the table.
#2 - The top guys on the board aren't currently committed...Evan Neal seems like a future commit, but we're still in a battle for guys like Bogle, McIntosh.
#3 - We've passed on guys who rank high locally...see Elam, Dunmore, Sanguinetti...even extends possibly to N. Wright...we've evaluated players ranked lower than them higher.

Basically, the Canes don't have the math for a higher rated class between those three caveat.

Still, I do agree...this class is a bit underwhelming at the moment. For me, its the lack of QB, the three star dice rolls on interior DL, and the lack of OL commits at the moment that currently make it hollow.
This right here the class is very underwhelming right now. They are losing to many battles in sfla same with the last three staffs. That got them fired eventually the writing was on the wall.

This right here the class is very underwhelming right now. They are losing to many battles in sfla same with the last three staffs. That got them fired eventually the writing was on the wall.

That's the key. At least for this class, several of these battles are still being fought There are quite a few quality, 4*/5* guys that we are in it for (some of them leading for) that remain undecided. About 1/4 of what will be the 2019 class is still out there uncommitted at the moment. We'll have a good idea in December, and we'll know for sure by February. That's just the nature of the beast.

Look, if we're still sitting at #20 in the country on 2/6/2019, I'll be right there with you saying the recruiting effort fell below expectations. But at this point, with so many top targets undecided, I'm just not willing to agree there's anything "wrong" with the class.

Have there been issues? 100%. I don't like the way QB recruiting has gone this year (I liked Tai over MJJ, wanted him to get an offer, and said so several months ago). The Elam situation baffles me. I want an ILB like Eaford or Pierre. Arguably could have been on Battle earlier, though I think these Florida kids have a double standard for what constitutes a "late" offer when UM is involved versus $EC bag schools. But to me, it's just too early to pass judgment on the class as a whole.

Advertisement
Yea but he is better rushing the passer as a DE and he is recruited as such
well to me, he legitimately has better tools to be a monster at LB, than just be a pass rusher, bc you cant do much with a first year who just knows how to pass rush and not be good at run defense to.

Only clowns on the internet compare a class based on who didn’t commit when you have better or equal that did commit. The 2018 class was one of the best classes in UM history has the most talent committed in one class than any other class in the country regardless of rank.

This current class is loaded with talent already we know what we have with 3 stars like Crowley and Brownlee.... and the top kids we would be btxchn if they committed else where. We are still in the running for Majority of our remaining targets so there is no issue this is FAKE NEWS.

Advertisement
Y’all are spending too much time reading into recruits. Complain in December

Last edited by a moderator:
Local crop is down this year and a lot of guys who can still end up at Miami that are uncommitted. Also at least from what I’ve seen up close... Crowley, Brooks, Brownlee are criminally underrated right now.

If you’re focused on rankings. 2020 and 2021 will be up the alley you’re looking for in terms of the local crop. Just not a very good year this year, there is still top tier guys but not in the abundance as in the past or the next two. I never gushed about 2019 the way I did about 2018 a few years prior to that class or the way I am now about 2020 and 2021. I know, I hate the saying of wait until next year but I am a believer in the staffs evaluations outside of one or two prospects in the class right now. I feel they hit it right on the money with Crowley, Harvey, Eguakan, Brownlee, Huff and Holley. Who were all underrated to begin with and some now receiving their well deserved bumps.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back