what we learned..

I'm sorry fellas. I don't respect Collins. I don't think he handled it with class. I think he's selfish, a punk, and a liar. He's immature and misguided as well. I don't wish him luck. Why would I wish a kid that lied to our coaches any luck?

Part of my advice for Golden is to do what Pete Carroll did. Go into the community, the hood, and give back. Carroll did that in LA and became a God. He appealed directly to the community and kids flocked to him irrespective of his relationship with coaches...relationships which were fine anyhow fwiw. My point is that coaches can say wtf they want. Ice can say wtf he wants, but if Golden is respected in the community, then people aren't going to be buying Ice's BS.

Advertisement
I'm sorry fellas. I don't respect Collins. I don't think he handled it with class. I think he's selfish, a punk, and a liar. He's immature and misguided as well. I don't wish him luck. Why would I wish a kid that lied to our coaches any luck?

Part of my advice for Golden is to do what Pete Carroll did. Go into the community, the hood, and give back. Carroll did that in LA and became a God. He appealed directly to the community and kids flocked to him irrespective of his relationship with coaches...relationships which were fine anyhow fwiw. My point is that coaches can say wtf they want. Ice can say wtf he wants, but if Golden is respected in the community, then people aren't going to be buying Ice's BS.

Id say he's already doing much of that by running his football camps and re-establishing ties with more HS coaches across the board

He's simply never going to win over those who have an agenda, IMO

He might not win them all over, but he can outshine these ********. He's doing all the right things now, it's just gonna take some time. The more people that meet the real Al, the more support he will get. This man is on a mission to restore Miami's team, people are realizing this and will want to jump on board.

Uncle Luke had nothing to do with building the U

The guy is a joke and liar but we should respect him. Please

On the radio the other day saying how Miami didnt recruit the leading rusher in the County(Tice from MNW). When Central had 2 guys that had more yards than him. Not to mention the leading rusher in the county goes to Reagan(Keenan Springer), but I can understand him not knowing who he is, but how does he claim not knowing Cook and Yearby. They only beat his squad twice.

Maybe he meant the leading senior rusher, only thing I can think of

I listened to that crappy interview he had with Sileo and it was complete bulllshiiit!
Those two morons were talking about how Golden doesn't recruit inner city kids implying that Golden is a racist.
Where does he think Jamal Carter, Mr. we averaged a murder a week when I was growing up, lives? Gables by the Sea?
How about Artie Burns, Stacy Coley and Jermaine Grace? They all from Star Island?

Guys was speaking out of his ***.

1. Local Coaches.

Uncle Luke
As much as I disagree with pretty much everything he sais, i stil respect the fact that this guy is one of the reasons why The U was The U. and we can't forget that.

Say f-kn what?
This program was built on the back of many coaches and players spanning 30plus years.
That is about the dumbest statement I've read about our Canes.

Advertisement
It can be argued that Luke brought the downfall of this program. We went from having tough guys to tough, entitled guys. You don't become entitled unless you're being given too much.

Uncle Luke
As much as I disagree with pretty much everything he sais, i stil respect the fact that this guy is one of the reasons why The U was The U. and we can't forget that. He does make racist comments and he is doing allot more harm than good to this program right now but he is a nobody when it comes to recruiting to Miami.

Huh? He had zero reasons to do with why The U was the U. Last I checked he didn't score any touchdowns, he didn't record any sacks, didn't have any int's. He jumped on the train as it was streamrolling through Liberty City. If anything, i think UM helped him more. In fact his frequent bashings of UM are the only reason his name is the papers anymore. He deserves no respect from anybody.

Bingo!

Elite,
Miami already won a championship before 2 Live crew were even a group..
Luke had nothing to do with the success and popularity of the U, he was using the U to benefit himself..

I took pictures with AC about a year ago during Junior day, Back then I didn't get a good vibe from him something was missing there. As the year progress I watch his recruitment take off I felt he was an attention crave kid. Seriously I think he was building up momentum and traveling to Atlanta to gain twitter followers. He made a comment on his page about a month ago in reference to losing followers to the school that he decides against. He loved the attention that he received at the Miami vs Duke game the U community really embraced this kid. I hope he has a great career but I see the 2014 running backs being a better fit for Miami.

Social media has ruined recruiting and its following. I will follow the U til I die, but until nsd I don't trust any of these recruits. I don't blame them one bit for soaking up the attention and loving it as a 17/18 yr old. I would probably do the same if I were in their shoes today. All I know is in the end we stand with the U as frustrating as it has been over the past decade. I'll still follow the recruiting but take it like a grain of salt. I'm getting too old for this ish to consume me and ruin my days. We've lived in our past too long, but I feel Al is really created a future to look forward to...

Advertisement

Id say he's already doing much of that by running his football camps and re-establishing ties with more HS coaches across the board

I think wus is talking about more than just some camps K9, and I agree with him. He's talking about appealing to the COMMUNITY. The average folks that deal with the drug problems in the community, the murders in the community, etc. You start being involved in stuff like that, and sorry asses like Ice harris can't stab you in the back. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Now I'm not saying that Golden doesn't do anything in the community, but if he does, it isn't getting enough publicity. Here's a link to what wus was referencing.

http://rulingsports.com/2011/10/10/a-coachs-community-cause-pete-carroll-and-a-better-la/

I think wus is talking about more than just some camps K9, and I agree with him. He's talking about appealing to the COMMUNITY. The average folks that deal with the drug problems in the community, the murders in the community, etc. You start being involved in stuff like that, and sorry asses like Ice harris can't stab you in the back. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Now I'm not saying that Golden doesn't do anything in the community, but if he does, it isn't getting enough publicity. Here's a link to what wus was referencing.

http://rulingsports.com/2011/10/10/a-coachs-community-cause-pete-carroll-and-a-better-la/

**** the publicity. Publicity ain't why he should be doing those things. At this point, especially considering the potential hiring of Telly Lockette, if these guys don't want to get on board, they ain't never getting on board, and if that's the case...DEUCES. Get right or get left.

**** the publicity. Publicity ain't why he should be doing those things. At this point, especially considering the potential hiring of Telly Lockette, if these guys don't want to get on board, they ain't never getting on board, and if that's the case...DEUCES. Get right or get left.

I'm not saying do it for the publicity, but if he does do it, it SHOULD be publicized. This **** is chess man; it ain't checkers. Now I'm not saying he needs to grandstand and say look at me, but if he has stuff going on somebody somewhere needs to get it out there.

Regarding Lockette, that's a short sighted view IMO. How is that gonna fix things? You mean to tell me you aren't going to have some other coaches that are ****ed that they didn't get the opportunity? Of course you are. ****, we did practices locally and then you had coaches *****ing because their site wasn't chosen. Like wus said, go to the community. Do work with those that are struggling day to day. That's how you overcome the nonsense with the local coaches.

Advertisement
I think what we learned is that we need to win more than 6 or 7 games and get the NCAA **** off our *** for next years class

This like a ****. Nothing else matters until we get those two things straightened out.

I suspect we are over analyzing....

Golden knew weeks if not months ago who was likely coming or not. That would especially be true once Coley was on board. All of those offers to JUCO DT's and LB's and to Gus were no accidents. The ICY relationship with ICE has been there for a while, that is not new. Gatewood's relationship (financial or otherwise) was known for a long time.

The sad part about recruiting in this day and age is that not only are kids lying to coaches, they are even lying to their parents.

Advertisement
Uncle Luke had nothing to do with building the U

The guy is a joke and liar but we should respect him. Please

On the radio the other day saying how Miami didnt recruit the leading rusher in the County(Tice from MNW). When Central had 2 guys that had more yards than him. Not to mention the leading rusher in the county goes to Reagan(Keenan Springer), but I can understand him not knowing who he is, but how does he claim not knowing Cook and Yearby. They only beat his squad twice.

Maybe he meant the leading senior rusher, only thing I can think of

I listened to that crappy interview he had with Sileo and it was complete bulllshiiit!
Those two morons were talking about how Golden doesn't recruit inner city kids implying that Golden is a racist.
Where does he think Jamal Carter, Mr. we averaged a murder a week when I was growing up, lives? Gables by the Sea?
How about Artie Burns, Stacy Coley and Jermaine Grace? They all from Star Island?

Guys was speaking out of his ***.

Yep. Luke is pushing an unbelievable morally repugnant agenda.

I remember Artie Burns article in the herald a couple weeks ago, talking about how when he makes it to the NFL, he's going to bail his daddy out of prison. That quote broke my heart in two.

If that ain't inner-city, then I don't know what is. Artie Burns is a natural born Hurricane. Rough upbringing, good kid, no sunshine, but all heart.

People talking that tough "deuces" sh#t need to wake thee entire fu_hk up. This ain't Miami of before where we can cherry pick kids, better get out there in the fields and work, work, and more work. It's chess not checkers all this tough guy grandstanding will just have your team hats stomped on on NSD while kids bail out on the 305. Recognize game and play it or get left in the dust lamenting all the bluechippers that left.

Yes there are ALWAYS going to be kids who want to be Canes, but you really seriously can't count on ALL the kids you want feeling that way. If you do you're an idiot and should just go sit in a corner with a drool cup.

Look at USC before sanctions everyone wanted to be USC, now? lol they lost a bunch of kids. FUhkouttahere man. Play the game or get left in the dirt

A wise man once said "I am fully aware that the high opinion that i have of my self may not be shared by the outside world"

Advertisement
Back