what we learned..

eliteproxy

Junior
1. Local Coaches.

After doing allot of research and talking to a few boosters, basically Randy Shannon was setting up a pipeline between a hand full of high school coaches and Miami, this ****ed off allot of the high school coaches that were outside of the circle. After Randy Shannon was fired & Golden came in, Golden tried to establish a relationship with ALL the coaches and you add that with RS firing, there was animosity from Ice Harris + company.

Randy Shannon #1 reason for being hired at Arkansas for 1 reason, Establish a pipeline to South Florida coaches that are loyal to him. Those HS coaches can not come out publicly say it but they feel like Miami has turned their back on them and they are fighting back. The Kirkland situation was a spark they were looking for.

Matthew Thomas

People need to know those.. Mathew Thomas was never going to end up in Miami, Golden and company had a chance at one point but their loyalty was to their HS coach. You don't have to tell a kid "don't go to Miami" but you can install an environment that doesn't favore Miami. I hope he has a good career in the NFL.. i hope he sucks in college.

Uncle Luke
As much as I disagree with pretty much everything he sais, i stil respect the fact that this guy is one of the reasons why The U was The U. and we can't forget that. He does make racist comments and he is doing allot more harm than good to this program right now but he is a nobody when it comes to recruiting to Miami.

Kirkland
I know he is going to Arkansas and I am saying it now but I always believes he was not needed in this class. We needed D players and if he was from Oklahoma and he was interested Miami we would of never offered. He is not a Miami fan and he was being pushed here by his parents. His choice of Arkansas over FSU (where is best friend is going to play) was to slap Miami in the face and go play for Randy.

Our Current Class
As a Miami fan I love the fact that this class is small and every player we know so much about. I love their personalities and no matter how these guys pan out I will always have respect for them.

Alex Collins
I think the attention go to this kid. he became a "rock star" and i know some of you may not believe this but the attentino he was getting from Arkansas fans (on and off twitter) he loved it. Everyone was confused how a guy can not pick the absolute best place for him to play and the blaring logical choice...well .. enter Gatewood. Alex wanted the attention but he knew Miami was a better School/team etc. Gatewood convinced him that in Arkansas he will have more playing time and he will be the only back. So this was what Alex needed to hear (even though this is absolutely not true and turf with Bielmans running game will require multiple backs because the chance of injury is so high)

The kid told friends and family one thing, told coaches another and told himself something else. This story may or may not end but Gatewood is a scum bag beyond words.

Since Alex won't be playing against Miami I wish him the best of luck and success.

Sources, Rummors & Percentages
are all bull****. We need to take the information that Ariz + company give us and take it for what its worth. Instead of forcing them to give us percentages. ALex Collins told our staff he is going to be a cane.. Pete sais a cane lock and the kid goes on TV and sais Hickville and we ***** at Ariz lol.

in state vs out of state
all bull ****!. Its easier to recruit local kids because of distance but a 5* in miami does not mean > 5* out of state. We need kids that want to play in Miami. Harris, Luke etc are talking about Miami doesn't recruit Miami kids because that is a way to rile up the local community. They know **** well Golden does recruit local and not just local 2 schools but the entire area.

Golden
he is freaking awesome.

Biggest disappointment
Keith Braynt. Witht he type of trolling he did I expected grand finally. but it was a flop. Everyone knew he was going to FSU.

Hext Season
Cristobal + Coley were NOT full force this year. Coley was at 0 (Golden did not want him to sound like an idiot in front of recruits going back on his words)

These guys see something in South Florida in 2014 that can build a National Championship caliber team and they want it. Don't be surprised if we end up with a top 5-10 class in 2014.

Next year I am going to not follow recruiting as closely as I have this year.. my heart can't take it. God Bless! I am OUT!

Advertisement
1. Local Coaches.

After doing allot of research and talking to a few boosters, basically Randy Shannon was setting up a pipeline between a hand full of high school coaches and Miami, this ****ed off allot of the high school coaches that were outside of the circle. After Randy Shannon was fired & Golden came in, Golden tried to establish a relationship with ALL the coaches and you add that with RS firing, there was animosity from Ice Harris + company.

Randy Shannon #1 reason for being hired at Arkansas for 1 reason, Establish a pipeline to South Florida coaches that are loyal to him. Those HS coaches can not come out publicly say it but they feel like Miami has turned their back on them and they are fighting back. The Kirkland situation was a spark they were looking for.

Matthew Thomas

People need to know those.. Mathew Thomas was never going to end up in Miami, Golden and company had a chance at one point but their loyalty was to their HS coach. You don't have to tell a kid "don't go to Miami" but you can install an environment that doesn't favore Miami. I hope he has a good career in the NFL.. i hope he sucks in college.

Uncle Luke
As much as I disagree with pretty much everything he sais, i stil respect the fact that this guy is one of the reasons why The U was The U. and we can't forget that. He does make racist comments and he is doing allot more harm than good to this program right now but he is a nobody when it comes to recruiting to Miami.

Kirkland
I know he is going to Arkansas and I am saying it now but I always believes he was not needed in this class. We needed D players and if he was from Oklahoma and he was interested Miami we would of never offered. He is not a Miami fan and he was being pushed here by his parents. His choice of Arkansas over FSU (where is best friend is going to play) was to slap Miami in the face and go play for Randy.

Our Current Class
As a Miami fan I love the fact that this class is small and every player we know so much about. I love their personalities and no matter how these guys pan out I will always have respect for them.

Alex Collins
I think the attention go to this kid. he became a "rock star" and i know some of you may not believe this but the attentino he was getting from Arkansas fans (on and off twitter) he loved it. Everyone was confused how a guy can not pick the absolute best place for him to play and the blaring logical choice...well .. enter Gatewood. Alex wanted the attention but he knew Miami was a better School/team etc. Gatewood convinced him that in Arkansas he will have more playing time and he will be the only back. So this was what Alex needed to hear (even though this is absolutely not true and turf with Bielmans running game will require multiple backs because the chance of injury is so high)

The kid told friends and family one thing, told coaches another and told himself something else. This story may or may not end but Gatewood is a scum bag beyond words.

Since Alex won't be playing against Miami I wish him the best of luck and success.

are all bull****. We need to take the information that Ariz + company give us and take it for what its worth. Instead of forcing them to give us percentages. ALex Collins told our staff he is going to be a cane.. Pete sais a cane lock and the kid goes on TV and sais Hickville and we ***** at Ariz lol.

in state vs out of state
all bull ****!. Its easier to recruit local kids because of distance but a 5* in miami does not mean > 5* out of state. We need kids that want to play in Miami. Harris, Luke etc are talking about Miami doesn't recruit Miami kids because that is a way to rile up the local community. They know **** well Golden does recruit local and not just local 2 schools but the entire area.

Golden
he is freaking awesome.

Biggest disappointment
Keith Braynt. Witht he type of trolling he did I expected grand finally. but it was a flop. Everyone knew he was going to FSU.

Hext Season
Cristobal + Coley were NOT full force this year. Coley was at 0 (Golden did not want him to sound like an idiot in front of recruits going back on his words)

These guys see something in South Florida in 2014 that can build a National Championship caliber team and they want it. Don't be surprised if we end up with a top 5-10 class in 2014.

Next year I am going to not follow recruiting as closely as I have this year.. my heart can't take it. God Bless! I am OUT!

Yea me too. I am going to give up drinking tomorrow.

I for 1 do not think Miami was the best place for Alex Collins. He wants to be a feature back and the 1 factor no one is bringing is DUKE JOHNSON. Collins is a smart kid and he knew that no matter what he did DUKE would always be #1 in the backfield and in the hearts of Fans. Therefore his best option was to go Ark as one of Belimina's first recruits where he will be given favorable chances. Best of luck to him. He handled his recruitment with class and I hope he can do some damage to Bama along the way.

202.gif

I think what we learned is that we need to win more than 6 or 7 games and get the NCAA **** off our *** for next years class

Advertisement
eliteproxy said:

This times 1,000,000.

From what I gather, admittedly as someone who has never subscribed to a pay-for-information-two-seconds-earlier-than-everyone-else recruiting service, Pete seems to have the most accurate information in the business, at least as far as South Florida and the Canes are concerned. But external pressure from followers of recruiting on his website forces him into guessing percentages on kids he isn't 10% sure about. He may have had sources on some of these guys, like Collins and Thomas, but they were likely not up to the standards he would have liked when it comes to putting his predictions out there. Instead of being content with an "I'm really not sure on this guy" answer, we force all of our recruiting guru's to make quasi-educated guesses as though knowing every single thing about every single kid is a job requirement.

The info we receive would be of much higher quality if we were able to accept "I don't know"'s from all around. Pete still provided an extraordinary amount of startlingly accurate information this year, and deserves some major props for it. And I don't kiss anybodies *** around here, I'm a very critical dude in general (as far as my online persona is concerned), so if I'm giving compliments they are **** well **** I believe to be true.

I for 1 do not think Miami was the best place for Alex Collins. He wants to be a feature back and the 1 factor no one is bringing is DUKE JOHNSON. Collins is a smart kid and he knew that no matter what he did DUKE would always be #1 in the backfield and in the hearts of Fans. Therefore his best option was to go Ark as one of Belimina's first recruits where he will be given favorable chances. Best of luck to him. He handled his recruitment with class and I hope he can do some damage to Bama along the way.

Duke is insane but Golden is using Duke a specific way which requires another back to split the carries. Look at Mike James. Alex Collins is good.. BUT he is not elite. I am sorry if anyone disagrees with me here.. He CAN be elite but he is not an out of high school ready to run against the SEC and put up points. He need to ease in to the position, and with that turf he doesn't want to ruin his career. Duke is McGahee (before he had to change his running style after the injury) Collins is more of a Gore type of runner.

Between Ark & Miami .. Miami was CLEARLY a better career choice! Arkansas gave him more attention and his fat **** hs coach was involved heavy

Duke is insane but Golden is using Duke a specific way which requires another back to split the carries. Look at Mike James. Alex Collins is good.. BUT he is not elite. I am sorry if anyone disagrees with me here.. He CAN be elite but he is not an out of high school ready to run against the SEC and put up points. He need to ease in to the position, and with that turf he doesn't want to ruin his career. Duke is McGahee (before he had to change his running style after the injury) Collins is more of a Gore type of runner.

Between Ark & Miami .. Miami was CLEARLY a better career choice! Arkansas gave him more attention and his fat **** hs coach was involved heavy

For Collins, it depends on how we judge elite. He was never going to be at Duke Johnson's level, but Duke Johnson is a once a decade talent. Collins is still a great, great back, good enough that some might call him elite, but not a surefire killer like Duke Johnson. He was still a kid we badly needed, but meh at this point. I'm done crying over spilt milk, I'm not going to go Toad305 style negative all the time.

For comparisons sake, I think Duke would have been Duke wherever he went, but I don't believe Alex Collins to be a guy that will necessarily put up elite numbers anywhere. Arkansas is a bad place for him, and if they don't get an offensive line over there he is going to struggle. I believe he will be good enough to see significant playing time from day one, but whether or not he will become a household name to college football fans everywhere remains to be seen. If he came to Miami I would have had no doubt that he would have, and as much as it would pain me to admit it, he would have been a household name at Florida as well (but not necessarily Florida State, due to the apparent mediocrity of their talented running backs, who only receive hype due to being at media-beloved Florida State).

I like the videos of Gus and think a bigger stronger back is the perfect complement to Duke. Thunder and Lightening.

Advertisement
regarding collins...who the **** cares hes a redneck that will get beaten to a pulp by Bama and LSU. guy got his coach paid and how is handling ur recruitment with class when you tell your family one thing and have them find out about ur actual decision on the air in atlanta.

But I mean in a football only view. Disregard location and all other variables.

Can you blame Collins for going to Arkansas (with Bielema?) Look at some recent RB Stats.
Car. YDS AVG TD LONG TDS
Montee Ball 356 1830 5.1 67 (TD) 22
James White 125 806 6.4 69 (TD) 12

Montee Ball 307 1923 6.3 54 (TD) 33
James White 141 713 5.1 49 (TD) 6

James White 156 1052 6.7 66 (TD) 14
John Clay 187 1012 5.4 40 14
Montee Ball 163 996 6.1 44 (TD) 18

John Clay 287 1517 5.3 72 (TD) 18
Montee Ball 98 391 4.0 35 (TD) 4

But I mean in a football only view. Disregard location and all other variables.

Can you blame Collins for going to Arkansas (with Bielema?) Look at some recent RB Stats.
Car. YDS AVG TD LONG TDS
Montee Ball 356 1830 5.1 67 (TD) 22
James White 125 806 6.4 69 (TD) 12

Montee Ball 307 1923 6.3 54 (TD) 33
James White 141 713 5.1 49 (TD) 6

James White 156 1052 6.7 66 (TD) 14
John Clay 187 1012 5.4 40 14
Montee Ball 163 996 6.1 44 (TD) 18

John Clay 287 1517 5.3 72 (TD) 18
Montee Ball 98 391 4.0 35 (TD) 4

their NFL careers will be garbage. beliema runs every one of his rbs into the ground before they even reach the pros. hence, wiskys terrible pro rbs

Advertisement
Plus he won't be running behind a Wiscy caliber O-line. It takes time to recruit/develop a stellar O-line.

Uncle Luke

Huh? He had zero reasons to do with why The U was the U. Last I checked he didn't score any touchdowns, he didn't record any sacks, didn't have any int's. He jumped on the train as it was streamrolling through Liberty City. If anything, i think UM helped him more. In fact his frequent bashings of UM are the only reason his name is the papers anymore. He deserves no respect from anybody.

Advertisement
Uncle Luke

Huh? He had zero reasons to do with why The U was the U. Last I checked he didn't score any touchdowns, he didn't record any sacks, didn't have any int's. He jumped on the train as it was streamrolling through Liberty City. If anything, i think UM helped him more. In fact his frequent bashings of UM are the only reason his name is the papers anymore. He deserves no respect from anybody.

This.

The only thing Luke ever did was give a very small number of University of Miami kids a small amount of money back in the 80's or 90's, in a way that was not a violation of NCAA rules. Oh, and he rapped about them too. Dude thinks he is a truly special part of our history because of this, and he promoted himself very well on the 30 For 30 U documentary, but he was exaggerating the truth to his own benefit. He received a short lived surge in popularity due to this, but now that he is a known enemy I do not imagine he will be popular very much longer. He will be back to throwing nasty orgies and capturing them on video in no time.

Advertisement
Back