what we learned..

His choice of Arkansas over FSU (where is best friend is going to play) was to slap Miami in the face and go play for Randy.

Not sure about this. From what I heard, Kirkland called FSU coaches the night before Signing Day and told them he was coming, but his stepdad wouldn't allow him to go to FSU, so he ended up at Arkansas.

Apparently, the stepdad is a big Canes fan. :)

Advertisement
I know Duke is going to be used in a Reggie Bush role. And that's my point. No matter what Lendell White did it was always about Reggie. Alex Collins wants to be a rockstar and based on Belimans track record he will be averaging **** need 500 carriers a year should he win the job which he already has a leg up because he "Belinma's Guy". There was no way he would get those touches at UM. You can't be considered one of the best backs in the NCAA if you're not the best back on your team.

I for 1 do not think Miami was the best place for Alex Collins. He wants to be a feature back and the 1 factor no one is bringing is DUKE JOHNSON. Collins is a smart kid and he knew that no matter what he did DUKE would always be #1 in the backfield and in the hearts of Fans. Therefore his best option was to go Ark as one of Belimina's first recruits where he will be given favorable chances. Best of luck to him. He handled his recruitment with class and I hope he can do some damage to Bama along the way.

Duke is insane but Golden is using Duke a specific way which requires another back to split the carries. Look at Mike James. Alex Collins is good.. BUT he is not elite. I am sorry if anyone disagrees with me here.. He CAN be elite but he is not an out of high school ready to run against the SEC and put up points. He need to ease in to the position, and with that turf he doesn't want to ruin his career. Duke is McGahee (before he had to change his running style after the injury) Collins is more of a Gore type of runner.

Between Ark & Miami .. Miami was CLEARLY a better career choice! Arkansas gave him more attention and his fat **** hs coach was involved heavy

LOL, not elite and then mentioning a Gore type runner. McGahee doesn't have his monster year in 2002 if Gore doesn't hurt his knee.

I think Alex knew he was just a stopgap backup to Duke until Sony and/or Cook get here to be the next star.

We need kids who embrace what Miami used to be when we had Portis behind James Jackson and Gore behind Portis with McGahee behind him. Alex Collins didn't want to work like that to keep his spot.

Uncle Luke
As much as I disagree with pretty much everything he sais, i stil respect the fact that this guy is one of the reasons why The U was The U. and we can't forget that. He does make racist comments and he is doing allot more harm than good to this program right now but he is a nobody when it comes to recruiting to Miami.

HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SUCCESS WITH MIAMI>>>>MIAMI HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HIS SUCCESS,,,HE HAD ONE GOOD ALBUM< JUSTIN BEIBER HAS HAD MORE SUCCESS THAN THIS CLOWN

Advertisement
Luke didn't even have one good album. He had a couple of hit songs and cheered for the Canes when they were winning. This program doesn't owe him ****. He mother ***** the current staff and needs to be called out for it every time he crawls out from underneath his rock.

Advertisement
Miami had the #1 CFB program in the country before Luke showed up on the scene. He is the Nevin Shapiro of his day, tryin to ride the coattails of someone else's success.

eliteproxy said:
Sources, Rummors & Percentages
are all bull****. We need to take the information that Ariz + company give us and take it for what its worth. Instead of forcing them to give us percentages. ALex Collins told our staff he is going to be a cane.. Pete sais a cane lock and the kid goes on TV and sais Hickville and we **** at Ariz lol.

This times 1,000,000.

From what I gather, admittedly as someone who has never subscribed to a pay-for-information-two-seconds-earlier-than-everyone-else recruiting service, Pete seems to have the most accurate information in the business, at least as far as South Florida and the Canes are concerned. But external pressure from followers of recruiting on his website forces him into guessing percentages on kids he isn't 10% sure about. He may have had sources on some of these guys, like Collins and Thomas, but they were likely not up to the standards he would have liked when it comes to putting his predictions out there. Instead of being content with an "I'm really not sure on this guy" answer, we force all of our recruiting guru's to make quasi-educated guesses as though knowing every single thing about every single kid is a job requirement.

The info we receive would be of much higher quality if we were able to accept "I don't know"'s from all around. Pete still provided an extraordinary amount of startlingly accurate information this year, and deserves some major props for it. And I don't kiss anybodies *** around here, I'm a very critical dude in general (as far as my online persona is concerned), so if I'm giving compliments they are **** well **** I believe to be true.

Pete could avoid the jabs by refusing to guess and by stopping that silly percentage nonsense. He should do his write-ups and provide tips when he has them. But don't get drunk on your own bathwater and start guessing at **** just to look like a hotshot in case you guess right.

But I mean in a football only view. Disregard location and all other variables.

Can you blame Collins for going to Arkansas (with Bielema?) Look at some recent RB Stats.
Car. YDS AVG TD LONG TDS
Montee Ball 356 1830 5.1 67 (TD) 22
James White 125 806 6.4 69 (TD) 12

Montee Ball 307 1923 6.3 54 (TD) 33
James White 141 713 5.1 49 (TD) 6

James White 156 1052 6.7 66 (TD) 14
John Clay 187 1012 5.4 40 14
Montee Ball 163 996 6.1 44 (TD) 18

John Clay 287 1517 5.3 72 (TD) 18
Montee Ball 98 391 4.0 35 (TD) 4

Poor short-sighted analysis. If that redneck ******'s goal is to pile up stats in college and get ground to mincemeat, then Beilema will do that for him. If his goal is to put up some big numbers and leave some tread on the tire, then he made another dumb decision. I'm shocked that a distinguished gentleman like Johnny Collins raised such a dumb ******.

Uncle Luke
As much as I disagree with pretty much everything he sais, i stil respect the fact that this guy is one of the reasons why The U was The U. and we can't forget that. He does make racist comments and he is doing allot more harm than good to this program right now but he is a nobody when it comes to recruiting to Miami.

Huh? He had zero reasons to do with why The U was the U. Last I checked he didn't score any touchdowns, he didn't record any sacks, didn't have any int's. He jumped on the train as it was streamrolling through Liberty City. If anything, i think UM helped him more. In fact his frequent bashings of UM are the only reason his name is the papers anymore. He deserves no respect from anybody.

That line about respecting Uncle Puke made me quit reading the post because I got turned off to it.

Advertisement
I know Duke is going to be used in a Reggie Bush role. And that's my point. No matter what Lendell White did it was always about Reggie. Alex Collins wants to be a rockstar and based on Belimans track record he will be averaging **** need 500 carriers a year should he win the job which he already has a leg up because he "Belinma's Guy". There was no way he would get those touches at UM. You can't be considered one of the best backs in the NCAA if you're not the best back on your team.

He's too much of a pu$$y to handle the amount of work that Beilema gives his #1 RB. No way ILick Colons holds up to that grind. He got a little boo boo last year and was immediately rendered ineffective for a couple games.

But I mean in a football only view. Disregard location and all other variables.

Can you blame Collins for going to Arkansas (with Bielema?) Look at some recent RB Stats.
Car. YDS AVG TD LONG TDS
Montee Ball 356 1830 5.1 67 (TD) 22
James White 125 806 6.4 69 (TD) 12

Montee Ball 307 1923 6.3 54 (TD) 33
James White 141 713 5.1 49 (TD) 6

James White 156 1052 6.7 66 (TD) 14
John Clay 187 1012 5.4 40 14
Montee Ball 163 996 6.1 44 (TD) 18

John Clay 287 1517 5.3 72 (TD) 18
Montee Ball 98 391 4.0 35 (TD) 4

their NFL careers will be garbage. beliema runs every one of his rbs into the ground before they even reach the pros. hence, wiskys terrible pro rbs

casn u show how much early rd Offensive lineman's came out of those Wisky years...and then go look at the fat load of sh*t Arky trots out their year in year out.

Uncle Luke had nothing to do with building the U

The guy is a joke and liar but we should respect him. Please

On the radio the other day saying how Miami didnt recruit the leading rusher in the County(Tice from MNW). When Central had 2 guys that had more yards than him. Not to mention the leading rusher in the county goes to Reagan(Keenan Springer), but I can understand him not knowing who he is, but how does he claim not knowing Cook and Yearby. They only beat his squad twice.

Advertisement

On the radio the other day saying how Miami didnt recruit the leading rusher in the County(Tice from MNW). When Central had 2 guys that had more yards than him. Not to mention the leading rusher in the county goes to Reagan(Keenan Springer), but I can understand him not knowing who he is, but how does he claim not knowing Cook and Yearby. They only beat his squad twice.

Maybe he meant the leading senior rusher, only thing I can think of

Maybe he meant the leading senior rusher, only thing I can think of

Springer is a senior. He had 1500 yards. Tice 1210

Uncle Luke

Huh? He had zero reasons to do with why The U was the U. Last I checked he didn't score any touchdowns, he didn't record any sacks, didn't have any int's. He jumped on the train as it was streamrolling through Liberty City. If anything, i think UM helped him more. In fact his frequent bashings of UM are the only reason his name is the papers anymore. He deserves no respect from anybody.

He helped a lot of those players out when he was hanging around the program in the late 80s/early 90s and made it "cool" to be a Hurricane by rockin Canes gear everywhere he went and in every video. He helped to grow the "brand" of the Hurricanes. He also added to the Bad Boy persona that Miami developed in the late 80s and early 90s.

I'm not defending him but, he was a part of building up the []_[] off the field.

Advertisement
Back