What we are

This is a very on point and level headed way of looking at where we are currently.

I'd add that - for the overreaction crowd, if we finished 20th - that's not some huge disappointment. It's just slightly below expectations. If we finished 10th - it'll be great step in the right direction, but still not some huge crowning achievement.

And for the "Manny isn't it" crowd - I'm not saying you're wrong, but who do you think we can get that's better? I'm more worried about the guy we'd end up hiring more than I am Manny.
The list is extensive and has been posted in numerous locations

Advertisement
So would something like this over the next 5 years in terms of final rankings be acceptable?

2021 - 9th
2022 - 15th
2023 - 12th
2024 - 9th
2025 - 7th
3 seasons in single digit rankings...**** yea I'd take it at this point.

The thing that gets me is how flat the teams come out. As TB said ladt night in the Q&A. We never make in game adjustments ( halftime sometimes). Last game when we would run any running play that was not inside zone we would have success. Do we see us change our run plays NO. Inside zone after inside zone. The other thing that really ****es me off... Post game\practice the coaches claiming the guy missed a couple plays but was close... I mean wtf how about you pull someone for a series for f**king up. It’s like they are building in excuses for the players. not demanding greatness = mediocre
Something I've noticed too, which is surprising. Manny's defenses as DC here were really, really fun to watch. They played with joy, some swag, aggression. I was optmistic when he was hired that it would spread to the whole team. (Obviously, Richt's offenses were anything but a joy to watch.) Last Saturday was a total snooze fest. I want to see them come out hyped up to play.

Advertisement
No, we’re the new Miami. That’s better than Pit but an eternity away from the old Miami.

Do you think we could have gone into Knoxville last week and won by a score? I don't think I do. Obviously if we play like we are capable of playing, then the answer is yes...but that seems to be our biggest issue. We are consistent underachievers. I know UTk isn't a world beater by any means, but I feel like they don't need to be to beat us right now.

I know the answer to this question doesn't outright say we are/are not Pittsburgh, but it's an honest question related to the conversation obviously.

Did you just read DMoney's post? Or immediately decide to start moping? What Sun Belt team has NCs in 3 different decades or has the 13th most talented team on paper? None. So we are not "basically the equivalent of a top tier sun Belt team."

We are a former top tier team with an uncanny ability to perpetually underperform and make bad coaching hires. We are a team that is a homerun head coaching hire and admin support away from being a top tier team again. No scrub team from Sun Belt can say that. Most teams period can't say that.

But don't let facts get in the way of your misery, please go on about how all Coastal needs is just needs a bit more money and a better coach and it will all of a sudden compete with Clemson and Ohio State.
The funny thing is that I don’t disagree with any thing you said. My Sun Belt comments are not about where Miami has been (5 national titles, etc), but about where Miami is right now. Looks like we are in complete agreement about the “right now” situation.

it's a process. Right? Turning over a roster doesn't happen overnight....

I don’t think so. And I understand the logic of Manny being here for 5 years but there’s no denying the caliber of player has improved dramatically over the two years he’s been here.

We’ll see what that translates to going forward.

Advertisement
You can make fun all you want trying to distract from the obvious. The crowd that says enough is enough if we continue to fail as a team. Time to call Diaz a failed coach and hope for a change.
I'm glad you had your chance to have fun. You and the most active slurpers on this site who enjoyed and liked the comment of their leader. LOL

Please don't reply because unless you have something meaningful to add, ignore my posts.
There is a shadow website for you to join. www.canesinsightmopes.com

You can make fun all you want trying to distract from the obvious. The crowd that says enough is enough if we continue to fail as a team. Time to call Diaz a failed coach and hope for a change.
I'm glad you had your chance to have fun. You and the most active slurpers on this site who enjoyed and liked the comment of their leader. LOL

Please don't reply because unless you have something meaningful to add, ignore my posts.

He’s 9-4 since the beginning of last year. Failed coach already?

This is a very on point and level headed way of looking at where we are currently.

I'd add that - for the overreaction crowd, if we finished 20th - that's not some huge disappointment. It's just slightly below expectations. If we finished 10th - it'll be great step in the right direction, but still not some huge crowning achievement.

And for the "Manny isn't it" crowd - I'm not saying you're wrong, but who do you think we can get that's better? I'm more worried about the guy we'd end up hiring more than I am Manny.

Reasonable, although if we finish somewhere around 20, it would likely mean we had in the neighborhood of four losses which to me would be a significant disappointment and well below expectations.

I’m not gonna go nuts if we finish ranked 16/17 with two losses or three. What I am looking for is a major improvement in coaching fundamentals such as preparation and other key fundamental coaching attributes.

With fans like you I'm shocked we aren't selling out the stadium and raking in big money donations.
Yes, it’s all very shocking.

Here’s the part where fans like me get all the blame for the epic AD and coaching fails that keep being repeated over and over.

Advertisement

Listen gothboy I’ll reply anytime I want. That’s how it works here. I provide plenty of reasonable and well thought out posts.

Diaz may indeed be a failed coach, but it’s two games into the season.

People like you absolutely want him to fail.

You’re invested in his failure.

Whereas I hope he doesn’t fail.

Again, he hasn’t shown too much, but at this point what is there to do?

I’m not gonna be like one of you drama queens, that are secretly hoping for the season to go into the toilet so you can ruin this site with your negativity. If that happens, trust me, you’ll have the site all to yourself.

Just get it straight, I’m not ignoring you, and if you post any more like this, you can be sure that if I feel like it, I’m going to reply, because me sale de los huevos.

Exactly. This a **** show. Coaching has plagued this University for years now. It's sad to see players that couldn't do **** here suddenly find their value in the NFL.

Sad to see App States of the world who get mostly 1 to 3 star players, smack UM in the mouth.

Bull****.

If Manny got us to top 15 every year for the next five years, you would STILL want him fired for not taking the next step and becoming a Bama/UGA/Clemson. I know this fanbase, the Miami fanbase is the worst in college football, everyone knows it.

The App State nonsense is just a red herring. If we ended up 11-3 or 10-4 every year to get us in the top 15, you and others would STILL be clamoring for a new coach.

Advertisement
I think D overrates us. We are what we are - a top 25 team. I don't think we are a top 15 team.

Right now, on Thursday, September 16, that is a very reasonable post. That’s basically what we are right now. I would say even barely. There are nine more games to see if we are a top 15 team or not.

Listen gothboy I’ll reply anytime I want. That’s how it works here. I provide plenty of reasonable and well thought out posts.

Diaz may indeed be a failed coach, but it’s two games into the season.

People like you absolutely want him to fail.

You’re invested in his failure.

Whereas I hope he doesn’t fail.

Again, he hasn’t shown too much, but at this point what is there to do?

I’m not gonna be like one of you drama queens, that are secretly hoping for the season to go into the toilet so you can ruin this site with your negativity. If that happens, trust me, you’ll have the site all to yourself.

Just get it straight, I’m not ignoring you, and if you post any more like this, you can be sure that if I feel like it, I’m going to reply, because me sale de los huevos.
From my perspective, obsessing over firing a coach after two games his third year, when he is 1-1 in his third year (with the loss to Alabama), went 8-3 in his second and has momentum with recruiting high schools and via the portal, is COMPLETELY bat**** embarrassing. it's a caricature of a dumb Auburn fan.

Are these guys mostly alums of the school or just fans of the U?

The Athletic released a poll of coaches/ADs on the best jobs in college football. Miami finished 13th.

247's "Team Talent Composite" calculates total recruiting rankings for each team's roster. Miami finished 13th.

Before the season, the AP poll picked us 14th. Our NFL numbers fluctuate but are now in the 10-13 range.

What's the point? I think a fair current expectation and goal is the Top 15. Anything outside of that is a disappointment, and anything within that is progress. Amazingly, we only finished Top 15 once in the past sixteen years. That was 2017, when we finished 13th.

We all know the ceiling is higher than Top 15. This is a program that has won championships in three different decades. But the best way to move towards that long-term goal is to hit the realistic short-term goal. This team needs to beat Michigan State, perform well in the ACC, hopefully win a bowl and finish in the Top 15. That is a fair expectation.
U know **** well we ain't finishing in the top 15

Advertisement
Back