What was the recruiting story with Carlton Davis?

grover

Senior
Premium
Watching him on the Bucs right now. Another local kid who is playing at a high level in the league.

He was a stud even in high school. Everyone knew his talent was legit. But I remember he was locked up super early by Auburn, never deviated, and we never had a chance.

Handler? Just hated Miami? Why Auburn of all places?

Advertisement
Watching him on the Bucs right now. Another local kid who is playing at a high level in the league.

He was a stud even in high school. Everyone knew his talent was legit. But I remember he was locked up super early by Auburn, never deviated, and we never had a chance.

Auburn as winning at lot of battles for south Florida kids around that time

Watching him on the Bucs right. Ow. Another local kid who is playing at a high level in the league.

I remember he was locked up super early by Auburn, never deviated, and we never had a chance.

He was actually committed to OSU for the longest and I believe when the Urban stuff was going down at OSU is when AU and Trob took advantage and flipped him.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Fat Al wanted him bad but was not landing any local DBs at the time. Maybe Paul Williams era? Still came down to us vs Auburn. Thought we might get him, lot of canes smoke. Probably would have landed him with a different coach

Advertisement
Do we get kids like him in the Mario era with Trob on board? We have holes all over the roster, including CB. But only a couple more Carlton Davis-like kids each class would vault us into the upper echelons again.

Do we get kids like him in the Mario era with Trob on board? We have holes all over the roster, including CB. But only a couple more Carlton Davis-like kids each class would vault us into the upper echelons again.
Yes. Locally the 2022 DB class was weak so we didn't really chase anyone, but provided we keep TRob we should. You saw the elite pull this year.

Advertisement
This was during Golden Era right? It was him the DB that went to USC now with the chiefs another JC Jackson and uhhhh...Trayvon Mullen that cycle right?

Can’t remember exactly but auburn was taking players for many years in a row and made me start hating auburn and have ever since. Corey Lemoire, robinson Therizie and many more all went to auburn

Our evaluators were bad and we couldnt recruit thats what happened since the last time we were elite whether anyone wants to believe it or not. People keep pretending every coach that we hire has a good roster to work with every new HC which is absolute BS

Advertisement
Back