What was the recruiting story with Carlton Davis?

Can’t remember exactly but auburn was taking players for many years in a row and made me start hating auburn and have ever since. Corey Lemoire, robinson Therizie and many more all went to auburn

I used to like Auburn because of Damian Craig (I know I spelled the name wrong lol) didn't keep up with the recruiting back then was just a fan of football. Auburn along with Madkin and Andre Cooper at Miss St had my attention for a season lol.

Advertisement
Watching him on the Bucs right now. Another local kid who is playing at a high level in the league.

He was a stud even in high school. Everyone knew his talent was legit. But I remember he was locked up super early by Auburn, never deviated, and we never had a chance.

Handler? Just hated Miami? Why Auburn of all places?
IMVHO ultimately it wasn't any of those things that pushed him away. Sure there may have been a handler involved but in the long run that was just a symptom of the deeper underlying issue and that was UM. I really do believe that the administrations lack of commitment to football trickled down and caused all sorts of issues. Elite recruits wanted to go where they felt a commitment to football. They wanted to go where they felt that they would be properly developed and coached to get to the next level. So while we were pretending that our 2nd rate facilities didn't matter these kids were taking visits to schools like Auburn, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama etc....and getting blown away by the obvious financial commitment those SEC schools showed them. While our administration was hiring coaching staffs straight out of the Wal-Mart bargain bin like Shannon and Golden and hoping that nobody noticed the recruits noticed. The fact that we couldn't consistently land elite prospects and routinely lost out to many of the schools mentioned above was basically a referendum on our incompetent administration and their obvious lack of commitment to football. Dark times and bleak visions indeed.

The good news is.....That was then.....and this is now.

Advertisement
Back