What type of pay raise wil the next coach get ?

eddostarr

Freshman
We are currently paying golden 2.3
The market price of a head coach has gone up since goldens extension but there's a lot of coaches like kyle whittingham and ron herman that have shown you might not have to shell out 4 mill + a year .

my guess is the next coac gets 2.5-3.6 per .

Anybody here have any insight as to how much we're willing to spend .

Advertisement
they can afford more than 2.3. Golden stayed at 2.3 for obvious reasons. now how much more than 2.3 would they be willing to shell out is another story.

WE are willing to spend 6 million. The BOT is probably trying to figure out how to CHARGE someone to take the job as a training program.

Miami will pay IMO 3-4 million for the next coach if it isn't butch or Cristobal

Advertisement
It's not just what they're willing to pay the head coach, it's what they're willing to pay for the entire coaching staff. Including the S&C coach.

ALbortion will cost more than 3 per year with the buyout. Probably closer to 4. Please note: ALbortion was hired and extended before the new ACC tv deal and Adidas money. Perhaps it is smarter to pay on the front end rather than buyout (Coker, Shannon and Al).

Advertisement
No one knows what he is earning. Im going to have a stroke if I have to explain one more time how private schools don't have to release salary numbers.

Golden makes 2.25 + Coley 750k + Dnofrio 500k right now.

We could easily afford $5 mil per year for the right guy; however, nobody we could get would be worth that. There are less than 10 coaches that are worth that and most are very happy with their job.

We need a McElwain type hire.

You can get Herman for 3 mil all day long today but will have to pay him 6-7mil down the orad to keep him if he does well.

I would like to pay the HC 3.5 mil and ewach coordinator 750k to a mil.

Herman is worth 3-4 mil.

Butch would take less but we won't offer.

That's about it.

No one knows what he is earning. Im going to have a stroke if I have to explain one more time how private schools don't have to release salary numbers.

ESPN and other legit outlets have reported Als salary many times. Correct, a private school doesn't have to open their books, but people talk. National reporters have their, how do you say around here.... Sauces?

Advertisement
These clowns could offer a legit coach an incentive laden deal worth about $5 mil per year and actually get results but they'll probably end up paying some corch what ends up equalling that amount when they have to pay his buyout. Again.

Any answer other than "whatever it takes to get a great HC" is a fail.

Any dummies focusing on Folden and the salary he didn't earn should bow out.

I believe this school has more than enough resources to pay a coach 5 million per year but they will go cheap as usual and pay something similar to what they are paying Golden to Mario Christobal.

Advertisement

ESPN and other legit outlets have reported Als salary many times. Correct, a private school doesn't have to open their books, but people talk. National reporters have their, how do you say around here.... Sauces?

For the fiscal year ending May 31, 2014:

Page 2 2014 990.jpg

pg 17 2014 990 highlighted.jpg

Attachments

• pg 17 2014 990.jpg
    pg 17 2014 990.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Miami is a private school (which we all know) so when they pay a coach it doesn't get aided by the state....it's all out of pocket of the BOT so it's really a matter of how much are they willing to spend....and most of them if not all are billionaires...

Advertisement
Back