What to do with the leftovers

Advertisement
At least for 2021, I'm not sure that it matters. McCloud will be exempt as a counter and Carter and Ivey leaving are not going to get us two extra ICs back.

The "solutions" are running a better defensive scheme, calling better defensive plays, adjusting to the other team's offense more quickly, and recruiting better players that fit the defensive scheme that we choose to run.

So, yeah, I'd like to see a better DC immediately. And let that DC hire a staff.

We need to give the defense the Lashlee approach.

You want them during recruiting out of hs now you want to get rid of them? Not every recruit will be an all american nor first round pick. Even the 2001 hurricanes had some players that weren't great but still they are canes.
tf are you talking about everyone he named starts. To make things worse they all suck miss me with that not everyone is great sht. If you ain't good get tf off the field. These mfs is special teams players at best. 2001 these mfs would be clapping in stands or on sideline.

Advertisement
Does anybody want amari carter , mccloud, ivey, ETC on defense coming back?

same goes for pope or wiggians and the question is...

what do we tell carter? go with banda? SOLUTIONS!
Tell them next season is canceled see if they transfer. If not maybe give them false information on practice and GameDay times and hope they don't show up.

You want them during recruiting out of hs now you want to get rid of them? Not every recruit will be an all american nor first round pick. Even the 2001 hurricanes had some players that weren't great but still they are canes.
Who cares? If they need to move on then they need to move on.

Advertisement
Carter - dont want him back at S cuz he'll start and get half the snaps, would rather play James, Kam, Avantae and see what they got. Fine if he came back as LB for depth but doubt that happens so better if he goes then...
Ivey - we need him back for depth, but ideally is 4th or 5th option if we get some legit portal CB's
McCloud - no as LB (same as Carter) but ok as DE for depth
Pope & Wiggins - no, please no. If they come back, they will either disappoint again or get benched and become locker room cancers / crybabies. I dont see a Berrios/Harley senior year for either one, they are just mentally soft and athletes not football players. Better for all sides if they transferred and get a fresh start elsewhere. Doubt they'll go anywhere though, only chance is if we get 2 legit portal WR's and we'll be lucky to get 1

Carter - dont want him back at S cuz he'll start and get half the snaps, would rather play James, Kam, Avantae and see what they got. Fine if he came back as LB for depth but doubt that happens so better if he goes then...
Ivey - we need him back for depth, but ideally is 4th or 5th option if we get some legit portal CB's
McCloud - no as LB (same as Carter) but ok as DE for depth
Pope & Wiggins - no, please no. If they come back, they will either disappoint again or get benched and become locker room cancers / crybabies. I dont see a Berrios/Harley senior year for either one, they are just mentally soft and athletes not football players. Better for all sides if they transferred and get a fresh start elsewhere. Doubt they'll go anywhere though, only chance is if we get 2 legit portal WR's and we'll be lucky to get 1
McCloud take is horrible he would only be useful next year on kickoff and punt team. Get him out my face forever.

McCloud take is horrible he would only be useful next year on kickoff and punt team. Get him out my face forever.
Yeah i get we all hate Mccloud and all now but look at our DE's next year. Nothing ready at all, all young and unproven. Portal kid (DJ) not a sure thing either. If McCloud wants to give it a go at DE (WITH ZERO PROMISES OF PLAYING TIME), we dont lose anything

Unfortunately we all know Manny plays favorites with seniority which is the only issue here...

Advertisement
On defense, assuming we do the dumb **** move and run the same gimmick scheme and continue to get destroyed by any team with a pulse:

Carter, I maintain, would be useful if turned into a weakside linebacker (not a striker) and sent on blitzes. Maybe not all world, and probably would end up washed out by olinemen a lot in this bull**** scheme, but he is one of our most physical players and showed a lot of promise as a blitzer his freshman year. Kind of a poor man's Jamal Carter.

Ivey---portal. Kid doesn't have the instincts for corner and isn't physical enough to play safety.

McCloud I would try out at DE in the spring, if it isn't working just level with him and tell him if he stays it will be as a backup. Kid has been a team guy and despite not living up to expectations he deserves that much.

As for Pope and Wiggins --- probably both need to transfer out and start over. Pope seems to be a concentration lapse guy but still has potential in the slot if he can figure it out. Maybe Likens gets tough with him and says he is starting spring last on the depth chart and if he doesn't like it he can either perfect his game or ship out, but I doubt that's likely. Wiggins is like Ivey...just doesn't have it.

Yeah i get we all hate Mccloud and all now but look at our DE's next year. Nothing ready at all, all young and unproven. Portal kid (DJ) not a sure thing either. If McCloud wants to give it a go at DE (WITH ZERO PROMISES OF PLAYING TIME), we dont lose anything

Unfortunately we all know Manny plays favorites with seniority which is the only issue here...
If you watched any McCloud snaps at DE you would never mention this again. Don't tell me about room for improvement he was a LB for 5 years here. Some players just don't have it and they shouldn't be forced to find it. McCloud s unquestionably one of top 5 worse starters we've had in the last 15 years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hope they all come back and help the U win the ACC championship next season in whatever role they can because I'm a fan and not some weirdo who's emotional stability hinges on what 19 and 20 year old kids do on a football field.
I bet you watch your girlfriend *** other guys assuming you aren't into men.

Man CIS ain’t here for that logical ****..

If you watched any McCloud snaps at DE you would never mention this again. Don't tell me about room for improvement he was a LB for 5 years here. Some players just don't have it abs they shouldn't be forced to find it. McCloud s unquestionably one of top 5 worse starters we've had in the last 15 years.
53 is not a ACC all conference player for sure

Advertisement
Back