What this program needs

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
We need to be ruthless again. Fck anyone who thinks we should wait around another year for this corpse to kill us.

We need an innovative spread guru, who can inject some immediate excitement into this moribund corpse of a program. Start lighting up the scoreboard and giving ourselves a little bit of a margin for error.

Quit trying to win every game 17-14. We need a guy who can take the advantage we have here in South Florida (speed and skill talent) and exploit it, not neuter it. We have guys talking about our rich talent base, yet we hire these conservative old school plodding coaches who want to play 1970s Big 10 football. It’s one misfit after another. One boring bum after another.

Our only real hope is a Lincoln Riley type who comes in and gives us an IMMEDIATE schematic advantage where we can make up for our lack of talent and current depth and recruiting inefficiencies. We need a guy who can buy some time with his offense while we create some excitement with the brand that will ignite recruiting.

We can’t afford another “he needs a few years” type of hire, which is why we need a “light up the scoreboard” hire. The worst thing about our program is it is FCKING BORING AF. It’s got no juice or panache. Yeah it sucks to lose. But it sucks way more to lose in such a boring fcking way.

Advertisement
It's boring and needs an injection of energy because that's what Richt is. When asked what gets his blood pumping he said "some sweet tea and a rocking chair, best ride of my life."

Advertisement
Dino Babers.
They lost the game, but him calling those petty time outs before the half against Clemson this year shows the kind of savage he is.

Meanwhile, the loudest I ever heard our guy yell at our players was when they were trying to take a piece of the Doak Campbell Stadium turf after breaking the losing streak against our biggest rival.

All you need to know.

In my opinion what we REALLY need is a good AD who will fight FOR the program and not genuflect before the president and BOT. You have that, then you have no more lazy coaching hires. You have a much better chance at success because any coach hired knows he will be held accountable for success, not just making happy talk about it. Get me a leader, not a wussy, running the athletics department and you have the beginnings of our return to legitimate prominence (if not greatness).

Not sure on Babers, not that he’s not an upgrade....because anything is at this point, but I also want a recruiting savage. The more I think about it I like a guy like Mario. He’s a CEO, not an OC or DC. Hires the right guys, not married to any system, and an absolute savage in recruiting that will do what it takes.

Advertisement
They lost the game, but him calling those petty time outs before the half against Clemson this year shows the kind of savage he is.

Meanwhile, the loudest I ever heard our guy yell at our players was when they were trying to take a piece of the Doak Campbell Stadium turf after breaking the losing streak against our biggest rival.

All you need to know.

Wait?! He did that chit again? After FSU disrespected our field? He got mad at the players for celebrating? This dude has not changed at all.

@The Franchise

1546101863252.jpeg

Plan B:

1546101960311.jpeg

You all wishing and hoping for Urban Meyer are living in fantasy land.

Miami couldn't come close to affording Urban, his potential staff, or providing him with the infrastructure to succeed down here. He'd ask for the bag man and Miami would say "what bag man?" and itd be a wrap.

Advertisement
In my opinion what we REALLY need is a good AD who will fight FOR the program and not genuflect before the president and BOT. You have that, then you have no more lazy coaching hires. You have a much better chance at success because any coach hired knows he will be held accountable for success, not just making happy talk about it. Get me a leader, not a wussy, running the athletics department and you have the beginnings of our return to legitimate prominence (if not greatness).
1000% agree we need the next Sam Jankovic

Wrote this in another thread but I had the director of premium client experience on the phone yesterday, literally telling me that Flake is the best person for the U. Said he's the chair of the AD committee, actually said, can you imagine out of all the ADs, he's the one who's chair. That's how respected and revered he is across the country. Lulz, we facked

Advertisement
We also need a guy who has an assassins mentally, whose primary goal is winning. Not someone who is good at kissing babies and socializing with the BOT. Win and fundraising will take care of itself. A guy who not only demands excellence from his players but his coaches as well. If coaches ain’t helping the team get to the next level, fvck you hit the bricks. A guy who runs his practices like the hunger games. Every spot is open and seniority don’t mean ****. You come in kick *** and win your spot. After a few years you ain’t helping the team and are just taking up a roster spot, we process you the fvck out. We will help you get to a school that will be happy to help you get your degree but no more keeping Bar Milo’s around for 4 years. This is about winning championships everything else is secondary.

Wrote this in another thread but I had the director of premium client experience on the phone yesterday, literally telling me that Flake is the best person for the U. Said he's the chair of the AD committee, actually said, can you imagine out of all the ADs, he's the one who's chair. That's how respected and revered he is across the country. Lulz, we facked
He is among the best at the business side of the AD spectrum. What you just said might be our saving grace tho. This guy is like a virgin who finally got some tail and is walking with his chest out all of a sudden. He loves being revered and having a seat at the cool table, and he knows what happened this year is an embarrassment and puts his status at risk.

Listen, I know we give the guy a ton of ****, but the shame and loss of respect among peers (now that he's in the club) might be what causes him to finally grow a pair.

We need to be ruthless again. Fck anyone who thinks we should wait around another year for this corpse to kill us.

We need an innovative spread guru, who can inject some immediate excitement into this moribund corpse of a program. Start lighting up the scoreboard and giving ourselves a little bit of a margin for error.

Quit trying to win every game 17-14. We need a guy who can take the advantage we have here in South Florida (speed and skill talent) and exploit it, not neuter it. We have guys talking about our rich talent base, yet we hire these conservative old school plodding coaches who want to play 1970s Big 10 football. It’s one misfit after another. One boring bum after another.

Our only real hope is a Lincoln Riley type who comes in and gives us an IMMEDIATE schematic advantage where we can make up for our lack of talent and current depth and recruiting inefficiencies. We need a guy who can buy some time with his offense while we create some excitement with the brand that will ignite recruiting.

We can’t afford another “he needs a few years” type of hire, which is why we need a “light up the scoreboard” hire. The worst thing about our program is it is FCKING BORING AF. It’s got no juice or panache. Yeah it sucks to lose. But it sucks way more to lose in such a boring fcking way.
It’s what you say, but it’s also ruthless in terms of kids. If we want to be the Harvard of the South, we should drop major football. Our advantage is local kids. Embrace them. It’s not a choir, so we shouldn’t aim at choir boys. We sure weren’t back in the ‘80s and ‘90s. Talent matters, but culture does too. Gluten had the right idea early on with some edgier kids like Eddie Johnson, Terry, Paul, Blue, Grooms, Gadbois, Finnie. I’m not hyping those particular guys, but they were kids with a bit more risk in their profile, iirc. The school promplety kicked several of them out and Gluten went back to the less edgy kid formula. Richt is about as unedgy as you can get, in any case.

Advertisement
Back