What they're saying in Sparty Land

I always severely question the mental fortitude of anyone that makes fun of south Florida and the city of Miami. It’s legitimately as dumb as dumb gets. Miami is the most visited city in the world for hundreds of different reasons but yet people consistently say dumb **** about it. Comical
Most visited in the world? NOw you have me questioning your mental fortitude. Miami isn’t even #1 in the US

Advertisement
We talk crap about other teams all the time. We can study all the intricacies of our team and their practices, but when we play on tv, what these fans see is closer to the truth than your wishful thinking and excuses. We are a bad team. I said it already, we are in Al Golden's 5th year bad. Watch our defense that's been coached by Diaz for 6 years

Advertisement
Hope someone affiliated with the team prints out the "Miami will wilt when they get punched in the face" line. Need that for the bulletin board.

Advertisement
Hope someone affiliated with the team prints out the "Miami will wilt when they get punched in the face" line. Need that for the bulletin board.
That should happen, and then maybe they can finally prove those people wrong. Problem is we've seen that exact thing happen a number of times over the last 15 years. That **** is frustrating

Michigan State was be complete *** for Vegas to favor Miami. Vegas knows their ****, so this is encouraging.

I still say it's a 50/50 game at best, assuming the idiot coaches don't make any adjustments.
It’s hard to predict what Mich St is right now. Northwestern is a lot worse than expected. They’re 3 point favorites against Duke. There are high schools who would be favored by more. So they are as much a mystery as anybody on our schedule.

FWIW I agree with you and think this line is crazy

Have you ever been to Lane Stadium in Blacksburg? They've been missing lots of butts in the seats the last few years themselves, plus, it's a big stadium in the middle of cow pasture (not literally, but you get the idea) in a relatively unscenic part of the Appalachians.

I wouldn't exactly be blown away if I was a recruit.
I've been several times, starting back in 1967 when we beat them 14-7 (they were 7-0 at the time). Frank Beamer was a starting CB on that team.

Back then, Lane Stadium seated about 55% of what it does now. As for this season, expectations weren't high and they were definitely underdogs to UNC, yet they packed the place with rabid fans. Came across on TV in a very positive way for them. It's the only game in town in that godforsaken place and it showed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Could the cuban at Applebee's have been sarcasm? Possibly. But I doubt it. You see, yankee tourists are funny like that. Most won't risk a mom and pop even though it's got the best **** food in town. They go for the chains. I've hosted yankee tourists down here on business countless times and they always ask to go to the tourist trap places. I take them to where the best food is served and when they leave they always say it was the best time they ever had. But humour them. Applebee's cubans are the best in Miami!

Folks, this team needs our support. All our goals are still possible. Lets get behind them. Go to the game and lets create a hostile atmosphere for MSU. There is plenty of time to Bi*** down the road.
Hey, I'm going to the game. Going to all of those.

Advertisement
Back