What they're saying in Sparty Land

Advertisement
If we come out and waste 20 plays on RPOs again we will most definitely lose. To take it a step further, it’ll pretty much confirm that it’s all Lashlee has and we’ll lose a bunch more.

We’re so inconsistent, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we came out and beat them. So far MSU has played a dogsh*t Northwestern team and a dogsh*t Youngstown State team. They’ve looked good but the competition has sucked. Also curious to see how they handle the heat, and if we actually made some adjustments to our offense.
You’re not wrong. We would come out and play good out of nowhere this week. That would be very Miami.

Advertisement
Their fans complain about Fuente, but they rarely boo and show up huge. The opening Enter Sandman may be played out, but I'm sure a 17 year old recruit eats it up. They love and support their team.

Compared to Miami, where I'm convinced the poisonous culture is simply a reflection from the negative fan base and not the other way around.
Why do people continue to compare Blacksburg, Tuscaloosa, State College, etc., to Miami and talk about "coming out huge? Have you been to any of those places? I have. The stadium and the game are literally ALL THERE IS TO DO THERE.

Did you see the score?
I did, which gave even less of an excuse to sound like 13. I totally get your point that there wasn't a lot of great things to cheer for I was furious watching it as well, but when a game is that close 99% of fanbases cheer more not less. Is an average fan more likely to be screaming on a defensive 3rd down if the game is tied or if their team is up by 28? So again while I understand the fanbase including myself was ****ed, the score gives even less of a reason why it was so quiet.

Why do people continue to compare Blacksburg, Tuscaloosa, State College, etc., to Miami and talk about "coming out huge? Have you been to any of those places? I have. The stadium and the game are literally ALL THERE IS TO DO THERE.
That's dumb. The population is also much smaller, so the fans going to the games there are driving 2-4 hours from Richmond, DC, Baltimore, Philly, etc. It's just a different culture - they are huge state schools where many alums come back for games. I don't know what percentage of Miami fans are alums.

Advertisement
They might be rite you know.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

That's dumb. The population is also much smaller, so the fans going to the games there are driving 2-4 hours from Richmond, DC, Baltimore, Philly, etc. It's just a different culture - they are huge state schools where many alums come back for games. I don't know what percentage of Miami fans are alums.
Dumb? Really? I used to work in State College. It is seriously the only thing to do in town. Doesn't matter if they are playing Akron or OSU, it is either the game or sit on your *** at home.
Miami, if they are playing ECU, there are 50 other things to do that are/could be more enjoyable. When a big name comes to town, see ND in '17 most recently, people come out.
But yea, what I said is simply dumb...........

Dumb? Really? I used to work in State College. It is seriously the only thing to do in town. Doesn't matter if they are playing Akron or OSU, it is either the game or sit on your *** at home.
Miami, if they are playing ECU, there are 50 other things to do that are/could be more enjoyable. When a big name comes to town, see ND in '17 most recently, people come out.
My condolences for having spent time in Crappy Valley. I'm about two and a half hours away and even that is entirely too close.

Advertisement
My condolences for having spent time in Crappy Valley. I'm about two and a half hours away and even that is entirely too close.
Thank you. Luckily I lived 90+ minutes south, but my pay was too much to pass it up. I can tell you this much, every Friday, I was the easy one to spot out on the shop floor. Everyone in their dark blue and white, and me in my bright orange!!

I've been to state college and Blacksburg many many times. They're just as many things to do in Philadelphia and DC as there are in Miami. All 100,000 of those fans are not living in state college obviously. They're making the trip for the games. That's my point. That's why it was dumb. That's not the difference. The difference is those are huge state schools where they graduate thousands each year. They don't need to rely on non-students and non alums to fill the stadium. Miami does, so they attract the pro crowd demographic which is fickle and just doesn't have the same connection and loyalty to the school and program.

Thank you. Luckily I lived 90+ minutes south, but my pay was too much to pass it up. I can tell you this much, every Friday, I was the easy one to spot out on the shop floor. Everyone in their dark blue and white, and me in my bright orange!!
That scene you depict has been me in public here for the last 35 years lol. My friend I travel to away games with (the dude on here that posts all the Canes United tailgate parking pass, food, pregame etc stuff for road games) are always easy to spot around here. I was in line at Walmart a few years ago and his wife came up to say hi. She said "I spotted the green & orange from the other end of the lines and knew it basically had to be either my husband or you."

Advertisement
Many here make blanket statements in a vain attempt to justify their agenda. That agenda being to **** on EVERYTHING about the U.

Advertisement
Back