What the **** happened to this board?

I agree with the OP

But maybe that's the life cycle of any board. Starts off with great intentions of openness, and then you make every one of your buddies a moderator, you have a hidden insider moderator board where you all start to think the same way, and gossip and inside baseball takes over. All the sudden you become the very board people migrated away from in the first place.

You say having a contrarian point of view is fine, but that is NOT how this board is moderated in practice.

I was one of the first to migrate here back when everyone was still on scout.

I've been banned multiple times for nothing more than having a contrarian point of view, if we're being 100 percent open here. I was banned because I ripped Al Golden's recruiting early in the process when everyone loved him and thought that stars didn't matter. I said FSU was out-recruiting us...they said I was a troll FSU fan...I get banned, and 2 years later FSU wins the ship with those very recruits

I still get infracted and banned for that - latest example, check out the thread called "5 stars" on the recruiting board - that got me banned. Read it and decide for yourself if it's trolling or just a point of view. To me, saying that we don't have enough 5 star recruits on the roster is not trolling, it's an opinion that I happen to have.

That all said, I keep coming back because despite the lack of tolerance for contrarian or dissenting points of view and despite the fact that there are more moderators than guests on this site, the quality of news, information, and discussion, as well as the fun and humor around here are a blessing.

So don't take it as me ripping on you, the site is phenomenal and that's why I'm here. But I do agree with the OP that the site would be better if the mods would cool it, oh and bring back the WEZ

Advertisement
I agree with the OP

But maybe that's the life cycle of any board. Starts off with great intentions of openness, and then you make every one of your buddies a moderator, you have a hidden insider moderator board where you all start to think the same way, and gossip and inside baseball takes over. All the sudden you become the very board people migrated away from in the first place.

You say having a contrarian point of view is fine, but that is NOT how this board is moderated in practice.

I've been banned multiple times for nothing more than having a contrarian point of view, if we're being 100 percent open here. I was banned because I ripped Al Golden's recruiting early in the process when everyone loved him and thought that stars didn't matter. I said FSU was out-recruiting us...they said I was a troll FSU fan...I get banned, and 2 years later FSU wins the ship with those very recruits

I still get infracted and banned for that - latest example, check out the thread called "5 stars" on the recruiting board - that got me banned. Read it and decide for yourself if it's trolling or just a point of view. To me, saying that we don't have enough 5 star recruits on the roster is not trolling, it's an opinion that I happen to have.

That all said, I keep coming back because despite the lack of tolerance for contrarian or dissenting points of view and despite the fact that there are more moderators than guests on this site, the quality of news, information, and discussion, as well as the fun and humor around here are a blessing.

So don't take it as me ripping on you, the site is phenomenal and that's why I'm here. But I do agree with the OP that the site would be better if the mods would cool it, oh and bring back the WEZ

WEZ has its own site homie.

I'll get a mod on it.

That wont help. Its that's **** SFbay. He runs rough shod over everything and everyone on this website, including equity holders. I just cannot for the life of me figure out why they continue to let him get away with it.

Ya know, I also heard that he roots for FSU in out of conference play. WTF?!?!?

Post some of your Puddle of Mudd and Seether concert reviews over here, f aggot

I agree with the OP

Please list your 12 previous screen names. I'm asking for a friend.

I'll get a mod on it.

That wont help. Its that's **** SFbay. He runs rough shod over everything and everyone on this website, including equity holders. I just cannot for the life of me figure out why they continue to let him get away with it.

While you're home pulling your nub tonight, I'll be out enjoying my life.

FullSizeRender(3).jpg

Advertisement
This is a good board . There is a higher portion of ****wads and phony insiders but Pete has cleaned it up some and he does a very good job giving info.

You know what blog/message board was a sh@t show, The Herald's, eye on the U, bunch of Goldilocks fans boys took over that site. There was one guy in particular who went by the moniker Blue Skies that you would have sworn was Goldilock's son the way he defended the guy

Advertisement
I'll get a mod on it.

While you're home pulling your nub tonight, I'll be out enjoying my life.

View attachment 37784

They haven't put out a decent album in 10 years.

You know what blog/message board was a sh@t show, The Herald's, eye on the U, bunch of Goldilocks fans boys took over that site. There was one guy in particular who went by the moniker Blue Skies that you would have sworn was Goldilock's son the way he defended the guy

This site had a lot of porsters that were gulping down Golden's ***** by the gallons, including OP.

Does it really take 26 mods to handle "Eye in the Sky"?

Moderators of this Forum

imurcane, 5n7, SFbayCane, USNAVYCANE, CaneLos, decleated, Dan E. Dangerously, DrJay23, TheSwagger1, YanyCane, DMoney, Andrew, Peter Ariz, pcitycane, Tito Benach, Cameron Underwood, ghost2, Kyle Liburd, Nash Williams, DCF in LA, Geo305, Kirijax, shoeless, Hurricane Warrior, Notsince1985, IndayArtHauz

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

Moderators of this Forum

imurcane, 5n7, SFbayCane, USNAVYCANE, CaneLos, decleated, Dan E. Dangerously, DrJay23, TheSwagger1, YanyCane, DMoney, Andrew, Peter Ariz, pcitycane, Tito Benach, Cameron Underwood, ghost2, Kyle Liburd, Nash Williams, DCF in LA, Geo305, Kirijax, shoeless, Hurricane Warrior, Notsince1985, IndayArtHauz

View attachment 37786

I don't even see most of the names post anymore. I remember when we relied on Nash and TexCane for recruiting news. Thank god we got Pete now...

Moderators of this Forum

View attachment 37786

While we are all being candid, civil, and open about things . . .

Does it take 26 mods? I don't know. What i do know is that several of the mods were the early defectors from Grassy. We are Cane fans just like the real Cane fans here.

Think about this thread, there are different views on what is good and what needs improvement around here.

I hope I can speak for most everyone here when I say the news and reporting is second to none. Now that has been used a lot in life. I am curious, does anyone think there is better news than what is provided here? Its okay if you do, I would like to know. I think Rivals is garbo. All about selling memberships and ads. I like Porter on Twitter. Not a whole lot of dialogue, but solid news.

As to the board . . . is the issue moderation type of issues, trolling, or censorship? In this thread alone it seems like it is all 3.
I am fairly certain that there has been an instance or two where I thought a poster was trolling, who may not have been. That is a legit concern. I really try my best to give warnings with a PM encouraging something or the other. When someone is being a blatant ******* for no reason contributing nothing and derailing threads . . . that **** gets old.

When Al Golden came to Atlanta, I met him. He brought his right hand media man with him. I don't recall his name now. Anyways afterwards I followed him on Twitter. I sent him a Tweet, I think, telling him about this site. He was cool. But at some point after he sent a note telling me to cease and desist "something" You don't have to believe me. But we were on the radar. So sometimes you have to remember we want to have the U on our side. I believe we have had great access, and I think [MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION] and the other writers deserve a lot of credit for that.

Advertisement

Moderators of this Forum

View attachment 37786

While we are all being candid, civil, and open about things . . .

Does it take 26 mods? I don't know. What i do know is that several of the mods were the early defectors from Grassy. We are Cane fans just like the real Cane fans here.

Think about this thread, there are different views on what is good and what needs improvement around here.

I hope I can speak for most everyone here when I say the news and reporting is second to none. Now that has been used a lot in life. I am curious, does anyone think there is better news than what is provided here? Its okay if you do, I would like to know. I think Rivals is garbo. All about selling memberships and ads. I like Porter on Twitter. Not a whole lot of dialogue, but solid news.

As to the board . . . is the issue moderation type of issues, trolling, or censorship? In this thread alone it seems like it is all 3.
I am fairly certain that there has been an instance or two where I thought a poster was trolling, who may not have been. That is a legit concern. I really try my best to give warnings with a PM encouraging something or the other. When someone is being a blatant ******* for no reason contributing nothing and derailing threads . . . that **** gets old.

When Al Golden came to Atlanta, I met him. He brought his right hand media man with him. I don't recall his name now. Anyways afterwards I followed him on Twitter. I sent him a Tweet, I think, telling him about this site. He was cool. But at some point after he sent a note telling me to cease and desist "something" You don't have to believe me. But we were on the radar. So sometimes you have to remember we want to have the U on our side. I believe we have had great access, and I think [MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION] and the other writers deserve a lot of credit for that.

The coverage is great. I think Pete has blossomed like a spring petunia.

The moderation has changed dramatically from even when I got here.

Inconsistent would be the word I would use, or incontinent not sure which

We need more commentary from dudes like the OP, who wisely defended Al Golden despite insurmountable evidence that he was a bum. 2014=1999. Still waiting on that breakout 2015 season.

and the people that are too lazy to come up with a rational thought... Where are all these people that went down with the ship defending Al Golden?

Over the past month exactly 60 infractions have been handed out. SFBay has handed out 1, so I am not sure he is the boogie man you all think he is.

When we created this site our goal was to have an all things go off topic board and a no non-sense football board. Those 2 goals have not changed. What did change is the size of our site and the amount of money it cost to run. For this we split the WEZ off so we could continue to run CIS and allow the WEZ to continue to exist as designed. (and rent free)

As far as the number of mods go, clearly some of them are not active. We have recently added moderators to better moderate the site and I think they are doing a good job.

Over the past month exactly 60 infractions have been handed out. SFBay has handed out 1, so I am not sure he is the boogie man you all think he is.

When we created this site our goal was to have an all things go off topic board and a no non-sense football board. Those 2 goals have not changed. What did change is the size of our site and the amount of money it cost to run. For this we split the WEZ off so we could continue to run CIS and allow the WEZ to continue to exist as designed. (and rent free)

As far as the number of mods go, clearly some of them are not active. We have recently added moderators to better moderate the site and I think they are doing a good job.

I think the biggest boondoggle for posters is what I referenced in my last post. The inconsistency in moderation.

Some guys can say what ever the fvck they want with no repercussions whatsoever (including the ever so nefarious "personal attack". Others seemingly get bandana for jokes that were taken the wrong way.

I only have issue with a couple of my infractions (I'd wager I have more than anyone else not banned).

But I have seen guys get dumped to Thunderdome or band camp for making obviously facetious posts that seemed to have rubbed someones tender ****** with sand paper.

Obviously your board your rules but some consistency would be nice

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back