what should we do on offense vs. clemson?

Advertisement
I would like to send Gattis film of Josh Allen and how he runs out of called passes when nothing is available.

We can use JB’s legs but damnit man. These designed runs that often got us out there looking like 2012 Georgia Tech.

Some screen passes to Rooster would be nice. We got a quarterback who can buy a little more time to let the defensive line get up field before letting it go.

Get Brown comfortable early, throw some stuff he feels good with. It's unlikely this O looks great next Saturday, but with a decent playcaller, you should at least be able to do SOMETHING. Unfortunately, Gattis isn't a decent playcaller, so don't expect too much.

Advertisement
Run the ball a lot with Brown, Knighton on the edge

Screens to try and slow the Clemson defenders.

And throw out a fake WR screen cuz they will be sitting on those heavy

Y
I know we're bad

but if there was ever a year to beat clemson it's this year (and next year when we get them again)

defense is good but their qb situation is a crap show
Yeah wish we had our **** together a bit more this year Clemson can be had I'm more afraid of the backup QB then their starter.

Run the ball a lot with Brown, Knighton on the edge

Screens to try and slow the Clemson defenders.

And throw out a fake WR screen cuz they will be sitting on those heavy
We may have to pass to open up the run I'm sure they will be doing everything to shut the run down especially with jacurri but I doubt they fear our passing game with whoever is in there.

Advertisement
I know what’s gonna happen and we are in denial if you don’t think it will. Gattis will not even try to teach or give this kid a shot to pass the ball on Clemson. He will set him up to fail bc all he will do is run him.

Advertisement
Move the pocket for jacurri

Leak the **** TE up the field on those QB powers or dives, it’s literally there all the time lashlee use to do it a bunch with king

Fake the **** bubble screens and have somebody run a slot fade/go route with it.

More outside runs and play action off of it

Basically do what we did vs gtech but have counters and new wrinkles to those same plays

Mario knows he’s not winning this game. The objective will be to run the clock as fast as possible and slow the game down to prevent another blowout on tv.

Everyone should already know this.
Problem is, 3 and outs don't exactly eat up much clock.

Advertisement
Move the pocket for jacurri

Leak the **** TE up the field on those QB powers or dives, it’s literally there all the time lashlee use to do it a bunch with king

Fake the **** bubble screens and have somebody run a slot fade/go route with it.

More outside runs and play action off of it

Basically do what we did vs gtech but have counters and new wrinkles to those same plays
100%. We may not win but we could make a game of it like this.

curious to learn what some more knowledgeable xs & os posters think we should do on offense vs. Clemson?

my assumptions r:
1. jacurri gonna start
2. Clemson gonna sell out to stop run

i'd like to see some slot fades with X and back shoulder throws to colby young. not sure if jacurri has touch enough yet on these throws but they low risk for turnover/high reward throws.

am guessing we didn't do many rpo slants against GA tech (and stuck with mostly lateral throws) cause coaches were worried about jacurris ability to read lineman dropping into coverage/robbers but am no xs and os expert.
Score points by any means necessary.

Advertisement
Back