what should we do on offense vs. clemson?

flips

Recruit
curious to learn what some more knowledgeable xs & os posters think we should do on offense vs. Clemson?

my assumptions r:
1. jacurri gonna start
2. Clemson gonna sell out to stop run

i'd like to see some slot fades with X and back shoulder throws to colby young. not sure if jacurri has touch enough yet on these throws but they low risk for turnover/high reward throws.

am guessing we didn't do many rpo slants against GA tech (and stuck with mostly lateral throws) cause coaches were worried about jacurris ability to read lineman dropping into coverage/robbers but am no xs and os expert.

Advertisement
I think Gattis will call his type of game (with Mario‘s blessing) - Slow the tempo down and try to minimize number of possessions for both sides. FGs will be wins. Lots of shallow crossing routes and short flat routes, either for short completions or to open running lanes for QB runs.

They will hope to get same defensive play as this week. And that CAN happen if WB plays like he did this weekend and secondary play is similar to this week, even without INTS (PDs).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Clemson D is still pretty tough. I don’t think brown will be able to run like he did against tech. We need to be able to throw the ball. Quick slants.? We have to be able to do a little of both. I expect gratis to try and control time of possession but we won’t be able to do that one dimensional.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back