What should CIS invest in?

What should CIS invest in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Website on the phone works great. I wouldnt download a mobile app even if you had it.

However, the NIL deals would be awesome. Let the board vote on players, and let CIS sign 3 players.

As part of their NIL then can come on the board and answer some questions or ****.

Without a doubt, CIS giving some NIL deals to current players is a homerun idea. Everyone wins.

Advertisement
NIL would be fantastic.

I have zero idea what the laws are re NIL, but can message board posters contribute donations to CIS to be used toward NIL deals (in addition to the revenue CIS generates from ads/ad-free subscriptions)?

I would donate some bucks and I'm sure other posters would too.

Website on the phone works great. I wouldnt download a mobile app even if you had it.

However, the NIL deals would be awesome. Let the board vote on players, and let CIS sign 3 players.

As part of their NIL then can come on the board and answer some questions or ****.

Without a doubt, CIS giving some NIL deals to current players is a homerun idea. Everyone wins.
Agreed

I don’t know the whole business model here but I have a mobile app subscription and while it might be a nice feature to have for some people here, the money and resources it takes, especially with the landscape of app devs right now, is brutal

But that’s just my two cents. I’m down to donate to NIL deals 100%

Agreed

I don’t know the whole business model here but I have a mobile app subscription and while it might be a nice feature to have for some people here, the money and resources it takes, especially with the landscape of app devs right now, is brutal

But that’s just my two cents. I’m down to donate to NIL deals 100%
We could get an app for about 8K. The only advantage to an app is push notifications.

Advertisement
Top investment imo should be the Football tab & Recruiting tabs.

An app doesn’t sound like that much value because it’s just ONE CFb team. Unless you want to venture outside of Hurricanes and create an entire Florida Football Forum - Have a UF/ FSU tab. But if you don’t wanna do that, Just use the internet. The website and layout actually is a lot better than most football fan forums, and it’s not even all that close. So I wouldn’t change too much.

- For the recruiting tab, Recruiting profiles need to be updated. trusted posters should be able to add their “official breakdown” and how they’d fit our team. Crotin insiders can give updates on their top schools. If you do this it would make sense to open it up to other fans. Could be a Florida Recruiting and Info Hub….
Maybe you can add hurl game film to their profiles (not just HL)

- And imo most importantly the football tab should be completely remade. There isn’t even an official roster available. We should have a depth chart and season stats tab (and maybe use college football reference to add previous season stats.

- ELIGIBILITY CHART needs to be added to the Football tab. Seriously this should be added immediately so we can track the roster and what the team needs are.

Advertisement
We could get an app for about 8K. The only advantage to an app is push notifications.
That’s not bad. Upkeep can be a real pain

Push notifications are great though for sure

Again you know your business better than me, not sure your desire to scale to what extent

Advertisement
Two things come to mind:
  1. Paid writers - almost all of our info comes from 247 OR a few posters on here who are plugged in. We need some boots on the ground either connected better to UM or with the local high schools. I miss the old days of Pete covering HS local recruiting like crazy and having video interviews with guys, etc. Feels like we somehow had more content 5-8 years ago than we do today.. odd given the technology.
  2. NIL - would be cool to get some NIL deals going with current players. Podcast and Video interviews would be cool.

Pay people something for what that they've been doing just for their luv of the canes.

Top investment imo should be the Football tab & Recruiting tabs.

An app doesn’t sound like that much value because it’s just ONE CFb team. Unless you want to venture outside of Hurricanes and create an entire Florida Football Forum - Have a UF/ FSU tab. But if you don’t wanna do that, Just use the internet. The website and layout actually is a lot better than most football fan forums, and it’s not even all that close. So I wouldn’t change too much.

- For the recruiting tab, Recruiting profiles need to be updated. trusted posters should be able to add their “official breakdown” and how they’d fit our team. Crotin insiders can give updates on their top schools.

- And imo most importantly the football tab should be completely remade. There isn’t even an official roster available. We should have a depth chart and season stats tab (and maybe use college football reference to add previous season stats.

- ELIGIBILITY CHART needs to be added to the Football tab. Seriously this should be added immediately so we can track the roster and what the team needs are.
Those aren't really investments other than my time.

I recently updated all the links on the recruiting and gave long term users access to add and update players. This system is much better than the last one I created and will support the development of the football tab. I expect to have the roster, eligibility chart, and depth chart added before fall camp. Anything appearing in a browser I can develop. I would need to outsource app development.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back