What should CIS invest in?

What should CIS invest in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect the fact you’re asking the users for input.

The site works great on phones so I don’t see an upgrade with an app. I use my iPad most of the time anyway.

I believe the site design is excellent and very user friendly. There may be technical things you’d be aware of that us mortals wouldn’t understand.

Paid staff writers might bring more content but the current staff do a pretty good job.

NIL’s would certainly bring more attention to the site and might provide some inside info that you wouldn’t usually get access to.

Outside advertising would certainly bring more attention and users.

I think a lot depends on what your vision is for the future of CIS.

Advertisement
wolf-of-wall-street-cocaine.gif

I’d pay a subscription fee if it was going to NIL... no question
I'd also donate money.

And if donating specifically for NIL is illegal, I'd purchase a lot of CanesInsight memorabilia and apparel. Since CanesInsight is the gucci of sports brands, I'd cough up 1K per shirt.

Advertisement
Those aren't really investments other than my time.

I recently updated all the links on the recruiting and gave long term users access to add and update players. This system is much better than the last one I created and will support the development of the football tab. I expect to have the roster, eligibility chart, and depth chart added before fall camp. Anything appearing in a browser I can develop. I would need to outsource app development.
The most important investments for retaining users imo are time to just increase the quality of the site itself. Promoting high quality postings which is what player breakdowns and recruiting info is.

Like I said app development probably isn’t worth it unless you actually want to try to open this up to more of a All of Florida Forum. It’s not like the insiders and people with knowledge on these top players are exclusive to Miami targets. I just don’t see the value in an app if it’s only limited to Miami Hurricanes. And it would probably just be more costs while not actually bringing in new money. Nobody is going to download the app unless they’ve used the website a **** load or if there is a key feature. For instance I’m not downloading an app if the only thing that gets added is notifications which I don’t give a **** about anyways. Then you gotta maintain the app and make sure it isn’t garbage.

I think the best actual feature to add would be a discord-like live chat on game days. The forum just doesn’t work well on game days imo while discord works great for stuff like that. This is a feature I’d be willing to download the app for. Otherwise if it’s just the same thing as the webpage, I’d just keep the focus on the site and maybe save up for something major later.

Nil isn’t worth it either imo unless you wanna just do a Reddit-like Q/A NIL thing maybe? We pay $500-$1k for the players participation and have like 10 per year. Then you can make it so only premium members get access to that…

I'd also donate money.

And if donating specifically for NIL is illegal, I'd purchase a lot of CanesInsight memorabilia and apparel. Since CanesInsight is the gucci of sports brands, I'd cough up 1K per shirt.
If thats illegal to donate specifically for NIL, then they have the perfect front.

The ad-block scam they charge 25 bucks for. Lol I would finally purchase that scam if I knew the money would go to NIL.

Advertisement
No need for mobile app as the website is perfectly accessible on mobile as is.

I voted for NIL, but would also be in favor of paid staff writers as well

What does investing in NIL do for the site? Would players write articles? The best content is insider content.

Advertisement
I am surprised no one wants a mobile app
This site is easy to navigate. Kudos to you guys actually. It’s well laid out. We’ve been on a browser for 10 years. An app wouldn’t really move the needle much for your audience. Spend the money where you will get a bigger bang for your buck and better value prop for us.

We don't have any ownership steak in the WEZ and nor do we make any revenue from that site. It's basically just a cost on our income statement.
How do you not have ownership in the wez but it shows up on the income statement?

For it to be on the income statement, you have to own a piece of it.

Advertisement
How do you not have ownership in the wez but it shows up on the income statement?

For it to be on the income statement, you have to own a piece of it.
The cost is server cost. The WEZ itself doesn't have its own line but server cost does and CIS hosts the WEZ for free. The WEZ probably cost us around 1,200 a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back