What really happened with Golden to PSU

I'm going from memory so don't kill the messenger (how ironic) but I seem to recall reading, from the board of course, that Golden actively campaigned for the job. PSU though had a search committee in place, and after the Paterno thing, they were taking their sweet time in the search process. Golden started feeling the heat after going MIA and went to them saying he needed an answer. The committee basically said thanks but we are not ready to make a decision. Golden then says I'm staying and then has that infamous I don't want to be here (look on his face) press conference.

Along the way he managed to **** people off in the administration (as if) namely Shalala who was peppered by media as to Golden's situation when he went MIA to which she basically answered that she had no idea where he was, making her look bad.

The other tidbit I remember reading on the board was during a recruiting visit Golden went on. The recruit asked Golden flatly about Penn State. A legitimate question a recruit may have seeing that his coach may not be there the entire time if he committed. Golden's response was something along the lines of he's here now and thats the important thing...Classic.

Again this is what I remember reading and I can't recall who the posters/sources were so TIFWIW.

Advertisement
golden went MIA as has been stated, he didn't return a single phone call from the staff during that last weekend prior to him coming out that sunday saying he was staying. he actively pursued the job, saying he turned penn st down is completely false.

I'm going from memory so don't kill the messenger (how ironic) but I seem to recall reading, from the board of course, that Golden actively campaigned for the job. PSU though had a search committee in place, and after the Paterno thing, they were taking their sweet time in the search process. Golden started feeling the heat after going MIA and went to them saying he needed an answer. The committee basically said thanks but we are not ready to make a decision. Golden then says I'm staying and then has that infamous I don't want to be here (look on his face) press conference.

Along the way he managed to **** people off in the administration (as if) namely Shalala who was peppered by media as to Golden's situation when he went MIA to which she basically answered that she had no idea where he was, making her look bad.

The other tidbit I remember reading on the board was during a recruiting visit Golden went on. The recruit asked Golden flatly about Penn State. A legitimate question a recruit may have seeing that his coach may not be there the entire time if he committed. Golden's response was something along the lines of he's here now and thats the important thing...Classic.

Again this is what I remember reading and I can't recall who the posters/sources were so TIFWIW.
I also remember reading that Penn State's leadership relative to the football program was a bit of a cluster f*ck as well in the post Paterno era, so they were having a hard time getting on the same page. Who knows though. Like I mentioned earlier, we are all largely speculating based on rumors and conjecture.

Advertisement
Wish you guys would lay off the OP. He wants to know what happened, so he comes here to ask us to get the truth and the details and you guys call him a ****** and to go home.

OP, you have to shift through the garbage but a lot of guys will give you the best answer they have.

Good read re Golden's silence during the Penn State rumors:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...ilence-unnerving-for-hurricanes-as-pen/nccg2/

"Should Golden leave, [Booster Deborah] Moskowitz said she would “have no problem” with UM tabbing former UM coaches Butch Davis or Rob Chudzinski, both of whom are currently unemployed. Davis told the Post on Friday he would welcome the opportunity to interview. If Golden left, Moskowitz said, “We need to put our hands in our pockets and hire the right coach if we want to get back to winning championships.”

For Jerry Sandusky UVA staff, Al Golden was going to be defensive coordinator. and Jim Caldwell was going to be associate head coach and accompanied Sandusky on one of his Virginia interviews. A former Penn State assistant, he had just been fired as Wake Forest’s head coach. Today he’s the Indianapolis Colts’ head coach.

Temple football coach Al Golden will highlight the program at the 11th annual Second Mile Celebrity Banquet, scheduled for May 11 at the Holiday Inn Fogelsville. The Second Mile was founded by former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

connections, connections...

C'mon people, PSU showed initial interest, but then checked their internal records vis a vis Golden and Sandusky and knew what would happen if they hired Golden...the tidbits I have already presented on CIS concerning Golden and Sandusky would have been scrutinized by a press feeding frenzy:

2010 Keynote speaker at the Second Mile Celebrity Banquet:

http://articles.mcall.com/2010-04-27/sports/all-secmile.7254581apr27_1_mile-celebrity-banquet-football-coach-al-golden-jerry-sandusky

Presumptive DC for Sandusky at maryland and UVa:

http://touch.dailypress.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-65911891/

Additionally, with such a feeding frenzy, the press moles at PSU would have fed more damaging info about Golden to their media contacts.

Trust me, does anything in Golden's demeanor make you think he would have been a stand-up guy and cared more about kids than his relationship with Pedo Jerry and enabler JoPa? Think about it.

Bottom Line: Pedo State knew Golden had strong ties to Sandusky and knew these would see the light of day if they hired him.

Miami is now stuck with this enabler, a scourge on the university a 100 times greater than Pell grants and Shapiro.

C'mon people, PSU showed initial interest, but then checked their internal records vis a vis Golden and Sandusky and knew what would happen if they hired Golden...the tidbits I have already presented on CIS concerning Golden and Sandusky would have been scrutinized by a press feeding frenzy:

2010 Keynote speaker at the Second Mile Celebrity Banquet:

http://articles.mcall.com/2010-04-27/sports/all-secmile.7254581apr27_1_mile-celebrity-banquet-football-coach-al-golden-jerry-sandusky

Presumptive DC for Sandusky at maryland and UVa:

http://touch.dailypress.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-65911891/

Additionally, with such a feeding frenzy, the press moles at PSU would have fed more damaging info about Golden to their media contacts.

Trust me, does anything in Golden's demeanor make you think he would have been a stand-up guy and cared more about kids than his relationship with Pedo Jerry and enabler JoPa? Think about it.

Bottom Line: Pedo State knew Golden had strong ties to Sandusky and knew these would see the light of day if they hired him.

Miami is now stuck with this enabler, a scourge on the university a 100 times greater than Pell grants and Shapiro.

Post of the Month. They end up going outside the ped state tree because they virtually had to.

Advertisement
How do we have this many retards in the fanbase?
What is the point of this post? Do you feel better calling other people that ask questions retards?

No wonder you got banned......

What is the point of this post?

Are you looking to understand his modus operandi?
The point of my post would be frustration I suppose. It's frustrating to read these boards sometimes. The dude came in asking a legit question. A question I don't know the answer to. In response he gets made fun of. That upset me enough to semi-defend him.

That's all I got.

What is the point of this post? Do you feel better calling other people that ask questions retards?

The point of my post would be frustration I suppose. It's frustrating to read these boards sometimes. The dude came in asking a legit question. A question I don't know the answer to. In response he gets made fun of. That upset me enough to semi-defend him.

That's all I got.

Deep breath....

I'm sorry to hear your "frustration". If you multiply that frustration by 10,000,000 you would be on the level as some of us. I don't think that is an understatement either.

This program has been abused by apathy, irresponsibility, irrational behavior and lack of accountability. Where did it start?

If you remember 2011. It featured an extension. An extension given by the BOT, DS and admin. An extension that will NEVER make any sense.

Let's move on.

If you remember the common theme from 2012, it was the defense and it's awfulness. It was a classic ALbortion. Did Al make any changes on D? Nope. He kept the status quo.

Let's move on.

If you remember last year (2013), Al Golden laid a big EGG when he led that MARVELOUS DEFENSE out against VT and Duke. That D allowed 90 points combined. With everything still to play for after FSU, we had another ALbortion. Adding to that was the excellent performance in the bowl game against UL and you can begin to understand the "frustration". Maybe you can even sympathize? Did Al make any real changes? Nope. Keep the status quo.

Let's move on.

What is the point of rehashing this nightmare?

Well, Al Golden was unable to grant us any relief when he attempted to get the PSU job. At least if he got the job, we would have had some relief. Al went MIA for a good amount of time, during the crucial part of recruiting, and attempted to get his dream job.

He didn't get it and then came the false propaganda. We're improving, look at the Total Wins. We're getting older. More experience. The "Cloud". #ReNewed.

Even though Al Golden and/or Blake James were screaming Total Wins Increased (6-7-9); those smarter fans/alumni were screaming "BULLCHIT. Nothing has changed." We still finished 5-3 in the ACC, we still didn't win the coastal or beat FSU or anything of relevance. We beat some crap OOC teams (the year before we had ND and KSU), yet we were fed lies of improvement.

Next came our 2014 season. To sum it up quickly...Al's most talented team finished 6-7. All that talk of the "cloud" or experience or getting older was CRAP. Al further demonstrated his incompetence.

These fans and alumni are more than frustrated. We've been bashing our heads into the ground and attempting to convince the "slow" part of the fan base ("slurpers") that Al Golden is a failure. He is a used car salesmen, he is a liar. He loves to throw his players (my fellow alumni) under the bus in an attempt to mask his incompetence. He also is quick to spew bullchit as a way of protecting his boyfriend.

As an alumni I'm sick. I'm disgusted. I feel abused. I feel like our program has cancer. I know cancer all to well. I hate cancer (understatement) and Al is cancer.

Al is a cancer that is self-inflicted though. Our admin, BOT and president set this cancer in motion and they refuse to deal with it. They're dealing with it like Steve Jobs did. How did that go? Then again, Steve eventually realized the severity of it and attempted to fight.

What does this all mean? You want to know why we call people names?

We're the ones who are ACTUALLY "frustrated". We're sick of the slurpers. We're sick of the lies ("Progress" or "Improvement"). We're sick of the quit Being Mean on Twitter crowd. We're sick of the "support the team" nonsense. We're sick of the "Miami has no Money". So when we hear, not that I do it, "stop Being Mean on Twitter" we fight back. It is all a non-issue. It is like putting a bandaid on brain metastases.

Al is the issue. We only want to deal with the issue. We're spreading the message. We only want to cure the cancer. This is only going to get worse too so I'm sorry you're "frustrated". Can you imagine how we feel?

Advertisement

That's all I got.

Deep breath....

I'm sorry to hear your "frustration". If you multiply that frustration by 10,000,000 you would be on the level as some of us. I don't think that is an understatement either.

This program has been abused by apathy, irresponsibility, irrational behavior and lack of accountability. Where did it start?

If you remember 2011. It featured an extension. An extension given by the BOT, DS and admin. An extension that will NEVER make any sense.

Let's move on.

If you remember the common theme from 2012, it was the defense and it's awfulness. It was a classic ALbortion. Did Al make any changes on D? Nope. He kept the status quo.

Let's move on.

If you remember last year (2013), Al Golden laid a big EGG when he led that MARVELOUS DEFENSE out against VT and Duke. That D allowed 90 points combined. With everything still to play for after FSU, we had another ALbortion. Adding to that was the excellent performance in the bowl game against UL and you can begin to understand the "frustration". Maybe you can even sympathize? Did Al make any real changes? Nope. Keep the status quo.

Let's move on.

What is the point of rehashing this nightmare?

Well, Al Golden was unable to grant us any relief when he attempted to get the PSU job. At least if he got the job, we would have had some relief. Al went MIA for a good amount of time, during the crucial part of recruiting, and attempted to get his dream job.

He didn't get it and then came the false propaganda. We're improving, look at the Total Wins. We're getting older. More experience. The "Cloud". #ReNewed.

Even though Al Golden and/or Blake James were screaming Total Wins Increased (6-7-9); those smarter fans/alumni were screaming "BULLCHIT. Nothing has changed." We still finished 5-3 in the ACC, we still didn't win the coastal or beat FSU or anything of relevance. We beat some crap OOC teams (the year before we had ND and KSU), yet we were fed lies of improvement.

Next came our 2014 season. To sum it up quickly...Al's most talented team finished 6-7. All that talk of the "cloud" or experience or getting older was CRAP. Al further demonstrated his incompetence.

These fans and alumni are more than frustrated. We've been bashing our heads into the ground and attempting to convince the "slow" part of the fan base ("slurpers") that Al Golden is a failure. He is a used car salesmen, he is a liar. He loves to throw his players (my fellow alumni) under the bus in an attempt to mask his incompetence. He also is quick to spew bullchit as a way of protecting his boyfriend.

As an alumni I'm sick. I'm disgusted. I feel abused. I feel like our program has cancer. I know cancer all to well. I hate cancer (understatement) and Al is cancer.

Al is a cancer that is self-inflicted though. Our admin, BOT and president set this cancer in motion and they refuse to deal with it. They're dealing with it like Steve Jobs did. How did that go? Then again, Steve eventually realized the severity of it and attempted to fight.

What does this all mean? You want to know why we call people names?

We're the ones who are ACTUALLY "frustrated". We're sick of the slurpers. We're sick of the lies ("Progress" or "Improvement"). We're sick of the quit Being Mean on Twitter crowd. We're sick of the "support the team" nonsense. We're sick of the "Miami has no Money". So when we hear, not that I do it, "stop Being Mean on Twitter" we fight back. It is all a non-issue. It is like putting a bandaid on brain metastases.

Al is the issue. We only want to deal with the issue. We're spreading the message. We only want to cure the cancer. This is only going to get worse too so I'm sorry you're "frustrated". Can you imagine how we feel?

No disrespect, but WTF does supporting al golden have anything to do with this situation? This is a being civil issue. Don't call someone a ****** because they asked a question.

That was a wonderful essay, but how would you know how much I "care" about the U? How do you even know where I stand in all this? I just don't see any positive from being a negative person all the time. How does that make me care less or be less intelligent than you?

BTW Consigliere, I tweeted a united against Al picture on Blake James twitter last week FWIW.

Hess, you said you're frustrated at the board.

I explained why we're frustrated. I explained why there is name calling and why posters respond in certain ways.

Advertisement
But just because there is a buyout doesnt mean it cant be a cheap one for him to leave. When he got his contract extension he absolutely raped us. So there is no doubt i think if he wants to leave his buyout is under $3M, but if UM fires him it'll be over $3M. If he was able to get 100% of the power to fire staff, you better believe he also made it hard for UM to get rid of him, but easy for him to walk away.

Advertisement
Back