What progress looks like in year 3 for Mario?

8-4 or 9-3 and I'm peaches. All I ask is just get us out of the 5-7 wins drought we keep getting into. Also a decent passing game.....PLEASE!!

Advertisement
I didn’t take it like that, but 1000000 to 1 Manny would have ever won 10 games here. I’m definitely no Mario slurper. He cost this team at least 3 wins this season. I’ve always said I’ll wait until year 3 until I make my decision on Mario. Mario deserves all the criticism he’s getting right now though.

Manny never had a team up for a big game. The team always folded under him. We just played 2 top 10 teams to the wire in back to back weeks while getting screwed by refs. Beat 8-4 & Clemson this season, which Manny would have never done (regardless of them being down). At the end of the day Mario is fighting to win 8 games this season, but this team is better than the record IMO.

If this team doesn’t win 10 next season then I’m on the moving on from Mario bandwagon.

Here’s a fun fact, we’ll not fun per se, but ahh fck it. Lol

So **** near everyone on this board know I hate Manny Diaz. I hate his white knight crew equally as much; however, I live in the realm of fairness & try my damnest not to be biased in any form or fashion in my life.

So let’s look at the bolded statement, in ur post.

Here’s a raw comparison of Manny’s time here vs. Mario. (Pls note, Mario lost TVD for several games in 2022, & Manny lost King for the season in 2021 after MSU)

2019:
Lost to #8 UF by 4
Beat #20 UVA

2020:
Beat #18 UL
Blown out by #1 Clemson
Blown out #17 UNC

2021:
Blown out by #1 Bama
Beat #18 NCSt
Beat #17 Pitt

Record vs. Top 25: 4-4

2022:
Lost to #24 TAMU by 8
Blown out by #9 Clemson

2023:
Beat #23 TAMU
Lost to #12 UNC by 10
Lost to #4 FSU by 7
Lost to #10 UL by 7

Record vs. Top 25: 1-5

I guess the silver lining is that Mario’s teams have been closer in defeat to top 25 vs. Manny’s, but thus far Manny’s teams had more victories vs. top 25 opponents. Honestly. I was quite shocked when this was discussed among other Cane fans I associate w/. Mind u, Cristobal is currently a top 15 paid HC, while Manny was in the bottom 3rd in annual compensation. (Although we unwisely paid $9m in total to buy him back from Temple in year 1)

We're going 6-6 until all of us are dead.
Yeah right.

Miami is 7-5 on average. Not 6-6.

1700611193433.gif

9+ wins includes a bowl
hire an on field analyst to manage clock and in game decisions
leave Dawson alone
change from power spread, its antiquated
coach to win , not to lose Mario is way to conservative in his approach

Advertisement
Norvell is going to be going to the well for a QB just like we are. Plus, ourselves, the Turds, and the Criminoles are all going to try and raid the larder at ATM. Offseason is going to be effing wild, almost like NBA Free Agency.

This will be the downside of NIL for the staffs. A LOT of power is going to go to the Agents.
Fsu will be dwn at QB DE WR DB RB n LB I believe. Lots of holes but we'll see how it shakes out. I have little to no confidence in this program at this point.

Here’s a fun fact, we’ll not fun per se, but ahh fck it. Lol

So **** near everyone on this board know I hate Manny Diaz. I hate his white knight crew equally as much; however, I live in the realm of fairness & try my damnest not to be biased in any form or fashion in my life.

So let’s look at the bolded statement, in ur post.

Here’s a raw comparison of Manny’s time here vs. Mario. (Pls note, Mario lost TVD for several games in 2022, & Manny lost King for the season in 2021 after MSU)

2019:
Lost to #8 UF by 4
Beat #20 UVA

2020:
Beat #18 UL
Blown out by #1 Clemson
Blown out #17 UNC

2021:
Blown out by #1 Bama
Beat #18 NCSt
Beat #17 Pitt

Record vs. Top 25: 4-4

2022:
Lost to #24 TAMU by 8
Blown out by #9 Clemson

2023:
Beat #23 TAMU
Lost to #12 UNC by 10
Lost to #4 FSU by 7
Lost to #10 UL by 7

Record vs. Top 25: 1-5

I guess the silver lining is that Mario’s teams have been closer in defeat to top 25 vs. Manny’s, but thus far Manny’s teams had more victories vs. top 25 opponents. Honestly. I was quite shocked when this was discussed among other Cane fans I associate w/. Mind u, Cristobal is currently a top 15 paid HC, while Manny was in the bottom 3rd in annual compensation. (Although we unwisely paid $9m in total to buy him back from Temple in year 1)
All the excuses and narratives they have for Mario fit mannys time here better lol, its funny to see this oh they never quit **** when bruh the entire world knew manny was fired after michigan st 2021 and the team never quit and actually won the last 6 out of 7 games

Fsu will be dwn at QB DE WR DB RB n LB I believe. Lots of holes but we'll see how it shakes out. I have little to no confidence in this program at this point.
Normally I’d be moping along with you, but in a Wild West environment, especially one in which recruiting skills are at a premium, Mario may have an advantage.

That said, what happens on the field next year given that cake schedule we have will be critical. If this staff doesn’t produce on gameday, those kids are going to start running for the state line.

Advertisement
Back