What progress looks like in year 3 for Mario?

wait for the "injuries" for the guys declaring or transferring.
It works both ways. I see that more for our bowl game on Dec. 14th.
I haven't checked the line, but like every other game, I do expect a tight game into the 4th.

Advertisement
So, I have read multiple articles, tweets, and threads that claim the Canes have made improvements in year 2, but I am not sold!

So what would substantial progress looks like in year 3 of Cristomoron? Here is my opinion;

1- Play in ACC championship
2- improve record to 9-3 or 10-2
3- selected and win a major New Years Bowl
4- recruiting in top 10
5- Beat GTU by 50 and kneel with 2:00 minutes!

Any those are mine!

10 wins is always the goal. Do that year in and year out and you're a play or two away from competing for championships.. it's a crime we didn't win 10 this year we were a play or two away in several games this year.

Fans like you make this program accept mediocrity.

Manny sucked. Stop comparing Mario f^cking Cristobal to Manny Diaz or any of our predecessors in terms of expectations. That’s pathetic and Mario is getting paid considerably more to put out a better product. We did not fire Manny to hire Manny 2.0. We hired Mario under the assumption we’d win double-digit games (or at least 9) and pull in Top 5-7 recruiting classes.

With that being said…

Manny first two seasons: 14-10
Mario first two seasons: 11-12

Manny first two ACC seasons: 11-6
Mario first two ACC seasons: 5-10

Manny against FSU first two seasons: 2-0
Mario against FSU first two seasons: 0-2

Manny against ranked opponents first two seasons: 2-4

2019: Loss vs #8 Florida, win vs. #20 UVA
2020: Win vs. #18 Louisville, loss vs #1 Clemson, loss vs. #17 UNC, loss vs. #18 Ok St (bowl game)

Mario against ranked opponents first two seasons: 1-4

2022: loss vs. #24 Texas A&M, loss vs. #9 Clemson
2023: win vs. #23 Texas A&M, loss to #12 UNC, loss to #5 FSU, loss to #10 Louisville

Improvement? Not so much. But keep telling yourself losing close games means we’ll be back shortly.

If Mario loses to UF week 1, I’d fire his ***. But that won’t happen…so the alternative is go 9-3 + a bowl win for a 10-win season, or he’s a dead man walking here. 8-4 doesn’t cut it.
Correction to your statement: Mario is 1-5. Like Mario, you have trouble with Caveman Math 😂😂

Sorry Anchorman GIF by reactionseditor

“Mario against ranked opponents first two seasons: 1-4

2022: loss vs. #24 Texas A&M, loss vs. #9 Clemson
2023: win vs. #23 Texas A&M, loss to #12 UNC, loss to #5 FSU, loss to #10 Louisville”

Manny was/is absolutely a better game day coach compared to Mario. He wouldn’t be able to get the same talent in here that Mario has but definitely a better game day coach.

Can we convince Mario to get caught stealing opponents' signs at other games like Harbaugh? Harbaugh was still allowed to be at practice and recruit while he was suspended, he just couldn't coach on game day.

That's literally the best possible thing that could happen to Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Next year all rides on the UF and FSU games. There’s essentially no shot the team makes the ACC champ game. So that’s it. Win those two.

It's amazing Manny would have 8 wins last year. With our current roster he may be at 11 wins.

For every game Mario loses, we fly a banner. That includes over the UF game pregame.
Save your money. Buy liquor and drown your sorrows that way. The powers that be, won’t even pretend to be paying attention till about year 5. Buyout will be wayyyy too high before then. Till then…. Cheers.
1700588638035.gif

Advertisement
And it's a stupid standard to begin with. We've had one 10-win season in two decades, and people are demanding 11? Or else we're moving on to the next guy? Laughable.

Right?! It’s so wild that one may expect our highest paid coach in history with more resources than any coach has ever had here to exceed previous marks in Y3 of his tenure. Just down right crazy, I know.

Right?! It’s so wild that one may expect our highest paid coach in history with more resources than any coach has ever had here to exceed previous marks in Y3 of his tenure. Just down right crazy, I know.

Yes, it is crazy to expect 11 wins in year three as the minimum at this cesspool of a football program.

Yearly thread lol we’ll go 6-6 or 7-5. I don’t need to look at the schedule. We are in the gutter, brother

Advertisement
Back