What progress looks like in year 3 for Mario?

OP, do you want progress or success next season? Progress is a gradual improvement. From 5 wins, to say 7 wins, and year 3 is 9 wins. Success next season should be 10 or 11 regular season wins and make the ACCCG.

Advertisement
9 wins and competing for a CFP playoff spot. Bowl win a must for a 10th win. It should’ve been 8-4 this year and striving for 9 with a bowl win.

All free out of jail cards have been used up.

If he finishes 7-5 and then starts off horrible in year #4, he should fire himself, which the caveman won’t so the school is going to have to fire him and pay him another 6 years.

The university won’t do that (paying $8 mil for Mario and another $4-5 million for some G5 coach which is $12-13 million). Not going to happen.

We are stuck with the Caveman and as a result, the program, if Caveman doesn’t succeed, is dead for another 20 additional years.

Better hope Fred Flinstone/Mike Vrabel of college football (epitome of tuff & Fyzical) mediocre coaching) figures it out.

9 wins and competing for a CFP playoff spot. Bowl win a must for a 10th win. It should’ve been 8-4 this year and striving for 9 with a bowl win.

All free out of jail cards have been used up.

If he finishes 7-5 and then starts off horrible in year #4, he should fire himself, which the caveman won’t so the school is going to have to fire him and pay him another 6 years.

The university won’t do that (paying $8 mil for Mario and another $4-5 million for some G5 coach which is $12-13 million). Not going to happen.

We are stuck with the Caveman and as a result, the program, if Caveman doesn’t succeed, is dead for another 20 additional years.

Better hope Fred Flinstone/Mike Vrabel of college football (epitome of tuff & Fyzical) figures it out.
Mario and Dawson watching criticism of their playcalling.

flintstones-watching-tv.gif

Vrabel vs Mario; NFL Caveman vs College Caveman. The Detroit Lions Head Coach is not far behind:

Vrabel:

1700591406405.png

Mario: I ignore his FIU records. Judging on Oregon & Miami.

1700591581113.png

Advertisement
Or what? Cause that aint happening lol.
i agree but at this point, youve had a strong likelihood of two sub 500 seasons in a row. you need to win 11 in year 3, otherwise, youre a bum and a joke. if it were me, id fire him but we know UM wont and columbus wont pony up the dollars to buy out their beloved priest. maybe the catholic church can pony up and buy the man out.

again, 5 years at 8m per should have been the deal.

And it's a stupid standard to begin with. We've had one 10-win season in two decades, and people are demanding 11? Or else we're moving on to the next guy? Laughable.
80 mill numbnuts. the dude cant coach. hes not winning 11 next year either but at this point, thats the standard. if youre setting the bar lower than that in year 3 for the highest paid coach ever in UM history w more money and resources than anyone in the school then youre just marios lover

10 wins, which include beating FSU and winning the bowl game. Top 10 recruiting class that addresses needs.

Advertisement
Do we open at a neutral site next year or at Florida? Would be nice to beat the Gates at the Swamp.

Is the consensus that we’re supporting UF or FSU this weekend? I suspect the Gators, given the churlish Nole fan base conduct when Emory went down.

Do we open at a neutral site next year or at Florida? Would be nice to beat the Gates at the Swamp.

Is the consensus that we’re supporting UF or FSU this weekend? I suspect the Gators, given the churlish Nole fan base conduct when Emory went down.
It's in the septic tank.

So, I have read multiple articles, tweets, and threads that claim the Canes have made improvements in year 2, but I am not sold!

So what would substantial progress looks like in year 3 of Cristomoron? Here is my opinion;

1- Play in ACC championship
2- improve record to 9-3 or 10-2
3- selected and win a major New Years Bowl
4- recruiting in top 10
5- Beat GTU by 50 and kneel with 2:00 minutes!

Any those are mine!
Based on what FSU did in year 3, we have to win at least 10 games and play in the ACCCG.

Advertisement
With one game left, I am ok with where we are now, as frustrating as some of these winnable losses were. Year 2 was better than Year 1. I predicted 8-4, 9-3 with some good luck and 7-5 with some bad luck. So here we are hopefully finishing at 7-5 with some dumb luck.

I would like to see Mario & Co. continue bring in good quality athletes for future development and to continue to bring in serviceable transfer additions that collectively make the team better. I also think it's important to bring back Guidry and potentially Dawson for a little continuity on both sides of the ball. If I have to choose and keep one coordinator then I am keeping Guidry.

We weren't perfect this year but we were more competitive with a very young team. I love the freshman that played this year and look forward to the freshman that contributed in limited roles.

I expect to lose at least 20% of the current roster to the portal and 10% to the NFL so that needs to be effectively managed and addressed.

I love our schedule next year. We have a chance to have a great season. My expectations for next year are 9-3, with some good luck, 10-2. 8-4 with some bad or dumb luck. With that said, no idea what QB looks like. No idea what the OL or DL looks like. No idea what the DB looks like. Special teams look solid. We do need to keep developing quality depth. The last two seasons, we do not have enough quality depth to overcome injuries and that has bit us in our ***.

I hope Mario & Co coach better. I hope we keep developing and bringing in quality depth and talent. I can see us making baby steps in the right direction and everything has to be good enough to reclaim the state of Florida. We must beat UF, must beat FSU at home and beat USF on the road.

I would love to see us in the ACC Championship game but still too many ifs and still not enough developed quality depth, so next year 8-4/10-2 is my realistic change and would consider that progress. Not major progress but progress.

Anything more than 10-2 is a bonus and most certainly not a realistic expectation for me.

Last edited:
With one game left, I am ok with where we are now, as frustrating as some of these winnable losses were. Year 2 was better than Year 1. I predicted 8-4, 9-3 with some good luck and 7-5 with some bad luck. So here we are hopefully finishing at 7-5 with some dumb luck.

I would like to see Mario & Co. continue bring in good quality athletes for future development and to continue to bring in serviceable transfer additions that collectively make the team better. I also think it's important to bring back Guidry and potentially Dawson for a little continuity on both sides of the ball. If I have to choose and keep one coordinator then I am keeping Guidry.

We weren't perfect this year but we were more competitive with a very young team. I love the freshman that played this year and look forward to the freshman that contributed in limited roles.

I expect to lose at least 20% of the current roster to the portal and 10% to the NFL so that needs to be effectively managed and addressed.

I love our schedule next year. We have a chance to have a great season. My expectations for next year are 9-3, with some good luck, 10-2. 8-4 with some bad or dumb luck. With that said, no idea what QB looks like. No idea what the OL or DL looks like. No idea what the DB looks like. Special teams look solid. We do need to keep developing quality depth. The last two seasons, we do not have enough quality depth to overcome injuries and that has bit us in our ***.

I hope Mario & Co coach better. I hope we keep developing and bringing in quality depth and talent. I can see us making baby steps in the right direction and everything has to be good enough to reclaim the state of Florida. We must beat UF, must beat FSU at home and beat USF on the road.

I would love to see us in the ACC Championship game but still too many ifs and still not enough developed quality depth, so next year 8-4/10-2 is my realistic change and would consider that progress. Not major progress but progress.

Our schedule is *** next year

our ACC away games are: Cal, GT, UL, Cuse
our ACC Home games: Duke, FSU, VT, Wake

In TrumpyCane's opinion the only two tough games there are UL and FSU, depending on their portal off season. We SHOULD win 3/4 of those away games easily. We should win 3/4 of those home games easily. Duke is replacing Leonard and they've looked bad without him

Our OOC schedule is UF, USF, Florida A&M, Ball State. We should easily win 3/4 here, **** we should beat UF.

If Mario can't win 9/10 games with that schedule he is complete crap and TrumpyCane thinks the floor is 10 and only because we are 2 days away from thanksgiving is TrumpyCane throwing that 9 in their

In TrumpyCane's opinion the only two tough games there are UL and FSU, depending on their portal off season. We SHOULD win 3/4 of those away games easily. We should win 3/4 of those home games easily. Duke is replacing Leonard and they've looked bad without him

Our OOC schedule is UF, USF, Florida A&M, Ball State. We should easily win 3/4 here, **** we should beat UF.

If Mario can't win 9/10 games with that schedule he is complete crap and TrumpyCane thinks the floor is 10 and only because we are 2 days away from thanksgiving is TrumpyCane throwing that 9 in their
Trumpy Cane pretty much nails it.

The variance for the Canes is how they address the QB room and their weaknesses at WR and some gaps that will develop in the OL once Lee departs for the league. This is the difference between 8-4 and doing what Norvell was able to do this year, only not have it all blow up when your QB gets injured.

They should go 10-2. Beating the Noles and the Gatah next year is a floor expectation for this team. They’ll lose to Louisville and Tech or USF.

Advertisement
I believe the 12 team playoff system starts next year. Success would be making the playoffs. Especially with this schedule and FSU losing ALOT of pieces.

I believe the 12 team playoff system starts next year. Success would be making the playoffs. Especially with this schedule and FSU losing ALOT of pieces.
Norvell is going to be going to the well for a QB just like we are. Plus, ourselves, the Turds, and the Criminoles are all going to try and raid the larder at ATM. Offseason is going to be effing wild, almost like NBA Free Agency.

This will be the downside of NIL for the staffs. A LOT of power is going to go to the Agents.

7-5

Advertisement
Back