What level does Ahmmon Richards reach this year?

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
Assuming health, what do you think is his season result? All-American? 1st team All-ACC? Sophomore slump?

Of course, a lot will depend on who's getting him the ball and how. Some things to consider:

- Richards just turned 19 a few months ago. For comparison, Calvin Ridley will turn 23 this season.
- Richards excels on underneath routes just as well as vertical routes. We've watched him execute both at an elite level. His route tree is limitless.
- Richards seems to be a focused dude who wants to be great. While he's already gained size, if you meet his pops (see the gene pool), you'll probably wonder just how big Richards can get.
- Whether or not opposing defenses focus on him game in, game out, it's Richt and crew's jobs to move him around the board to get him matchups and clear out for his teammates.

Advertisement
1st team all-acc, 2nd or 3rd team all- American. Kid is going to be a star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to say. W/ Kaaya he would of reached All-American status. I think if Rosier or Perry starts he gets more yards and if Sheriffs starts he gets more receptions. Maybe All-ACC. Hopefully no Stacey Coley like sophomore slump or injuries.

Advertisement
The closest guy richards compares too in terms of how they play is Amari cooper imo although Richards may have better top end speed

So many great things about him but I love just how difficult he is to tackle. Dude slips by defenders with ease.

The closest guy richards compares too in terms of how they play is Amari cooper imo although Richards may have better top end speed
He's bigger, has more top-end speed and a better catch radius. I understand the comparison in terms of being "smooth" and having acceleration, but I see a different style of player. I see something unique in Richards.

Advertisement
He's bigger, has more top-end speed and a better catch radius. I understand the comparison in terms of being "smooth" and having acceleration, but I see a different style of player. I see something unique in Richards.

His ability to break tackles is very unique, he's no where near close to reaching his ceiling either. Big things are in store for richards

I think Richards is an easy all-ACC pick. Two things to keep in mind though that may hinder his statistical production:

1) A new QB who hasn't yet developed a "go to" relationship

2) Conversely, more weapons at WR this year means we may see more distribution of catches than last year, which was basically the AR and Njoku show...

Advertisement
Don't underestimate the fact that the speed quotient he's facing on a daily basis now. If he can find ways to get open in practice, Saturdays become that much easier.

Advertisement
I think Richards is an easy all-ACC pick. Two things to keep in mind though that may hinder his statistical production:

1) A new QB who hasn't yet developed a "go to" relationship

2) Conversely, more weapons at WR this year means we may see more distribution of catches than last year, which was basically the AR and Njoku show...

I agree with everything you've said in this thread. I think he'll get less touches more based on the fact that all of our opponents will put their best DBs on him (whereas last year Coley took up their best corner as WR1, freeing up AR)

That's why I'm expecting a massive year for a guy like Thomas.

Berrios and Herndon will become the starting QB's go to guys, reliable, tough in traffic for the low risk short throws.

He made two catches against Pitt - the one-handed TD, and the over-the-shoulder deep ball - that made me think he can be special. He is a gamer.

He has Cooper on top end speed but not the route runner Cooper is......Cooper is smooth like juedy.....Richards is elite though regardless he knows how to create space hes pretty much open all the time. Teams will gameplan for him he may get doubled so guys like Harley and Thomas can open things up alot.

Advertisement
Back