What I've learned about people on this message board is this...

Yes. Are you familiar with recruiting? These coaches go above and beyond to sway and entertain these kids. Every detail matters. A kid walks into Florida, Clemson, Alabama and/or UGA. What does he see? Kid walks into Miami and sees a banner about firing a coach? You think that doesn't resonate with a kid? His future? You think OTHER COACHES aren't using that against us?

Wake up, man. Atmosphere, stability, consistency mean a lot to these kids.

My guess is not one recruit knows who James or the lady is

Advertisement
Exactly banners don’t deter recruits you just proved my point that ppl think the banners will turn off recruits are just wrong

There are bigger reasons recruits don’t come
Blaming banners is trying to excuse the coaches short comings

Stupidity at its finest. Flying banners to fire a coach after his first 5 games as a coach wont deter recruits.. that's what you're saying right?? Surely you can't be serious. Any recruit that sees a banner to fire a coach of the program trying to recruit you is GONE. He doesn't want uncertainty that the coach recruiting him won't be there.

Advertisement
You all aren't very smart. Not as it relates to Xs and Os at least. I'm sure most everyone here had a 4.0 GPA and a 1400 SAT but when it comes down to true knowledge of the game, there are only a handful of you that have any clue what you're talking about.

For example, what is the DC's # 1 responsibility? Hint: Its not play-calling

You idiots demanding we fire Manny after a few games just scream stupidity.

Idiots blaming Jarren Williams also need to educate yourselves. Yes, Perry will be an upgrade because his mobility will help disguise a lot of our OL deficiencies.

Idiots asking for Butch Davis.. stop. He was the best recruiter and analyzer of talent than anyone in history. But his gameday execution was laughably bad. Go watch the 2000 Washington game or several games from 1999. Laughable.
As your namesake, I, the original Canedog, I approve of this message.

Stupidity at its finest. Flying banners to fire a coach after his first 5 games as a coach wont deter recruits.. that's what you're saying right?? Surely you can't be serious. Any recruit that sees a banner to fire a coach of the program trying to recruit you is GONE. He doesn't want uncertainty that the coach recruiting him won't be there.

It doesn't say fire manny tho

Advertisement
You'll age and mature. Then, you'll realise you are the very thing you're learning about

You all aren't very smart. Not as it relates to Xs and Os at least. I'm sure most everyone here had a 4.0 GPA and a 1400 SAT but when it comes down to true knowledge of the game, there are only a handful of you that have any clue what you're talking about.

Idiots blaming Jarren Williams also need to educate yourselves. Yes, Perry will be an upgrade because his mobility will help disguise a lot of our OL deficiencies.

Idiots asking for Butch Davis.. stop. He was the best recruiter and analyzer of talent than anyone in history. But his gameday execution was laughably bad. Go watch the 2000 Washington game or several games from 1999. Laughable.

Of all the retarded DBJ excuses in opposition of something like a banner, my personal favorite and THE MOST retarded of them all is the "it will impact recruiting" nonsense. They try this one every cycle.

Hey mother ****ers, you know what impacts recruiting more than ANY BANNER.......CONTINUING TO UNDERPERFORM ON THE FIELD AND LOSING GAMES WE SHOULD WIN.

The banner could not fly, we could all sit in a circle and sing "Kumbaya" and talk about what a great coaching staff we have....and RECRUITS WON'T COME.

So yeah.....go drink bleach morons.

Last edited:

Idiots asking for Butch Davis.. stop. He was the best recruiter and analyzer of talent than anyone in history. But his gameday execution was laughably bad. Go watch the 2000 Washington game or several games from 1999.
You use some very strong words about football understanding and then make a statement like that?

You should DM one of the"handful...that have any clue" and run that by them, captain.
Madden 2019 does not count for having football knowledge. The coastal sucks pal and question how many scholarships did Butch havr to work witi while he was here? Oh yeah and how did we end the 2000 season?

Advertisement
Advertisement

STFU!

I can show you some painful games by Schnellenberger. Jimmy Johnson. Even the football god Saban.

Got more bad new for your brilliant insight. If one has an IQ of 100 - then half the people you know and run into - are dumber than you - but the other half are smarter than you.

Based on this post - and your Washington "game" logic - no way you bust a 100.

I'm still waiting on you to state what you know so much about x's and o's that made you start a thread to call others idiots and not very smart individuals. Nothing in your post said anything that tells me you have this high football IQ. Not saying I agree or disagree with anything you mention but none of it carried any value such as breakdowns, comparisons, statistics or something. You stated a bunch of your opinions all while calling ppl idiots, like your **** was breaking news. You wasted 60 secs of your life to be a jerk.

Advertisement
Back