What I've learned about people on this message board is this...

Advertisement
After we beat UVA and we look differently both offensively and defensively, people will see there is more to football than what they see on TV. Our win over UVA won't be random. It will be collection of things I've already stated many times.
mostly perry and tate playing qb, NOT JW

Op Just busted THROUGH the banner :stormwarningflag-sm: lol

Calm down brother @CaneDogX I gave you like because I CAN see your passion and I respect that but remember - We all still Canes fans and that should make us family even when some are clueless and make idiotic post/ rants I somewhat agree with ya . Just their way of frustration. We all do it in different ways.

Hope the team this Friday PLAY in a attacking manner as your post. lol

GO CANES!!!

Ex: Stupid takes about the kids after the interviews not seeming to care about losing, not having heart or an edge.

Yet we came back from 17 on the road to take a lead into the 4th. We came back from 28 last weekend. Kids that don't care; don't have heart... they don't come back from big deficits. They quit and get blown out.... like they did against LSU in the peach bowl and UVA in our last game at the beloved Orange Bowl.

Another example of people here just not getting football.

Advertisement
OP you are dealing with RAW emotions of disappointment in our Canes..

Many poster handle this in a variety of ways, but sure as **** flying banners after 5 games is not the way to entice recruits and their parents that the U is serious about football and their program.

If I was a recruit and considering Miami, looked up and saw that banner, my first thought would be: "What the ****.....after 5 games, I wonder what might happen after 10 games......I don't know if I would fit in among these geniuses at the U. What the ****!!!"......LOL.

That $400 banner fee, may end up costing us talent among recruits that we wished would have considered our Canes in the future....

OP you are dealing with RAW emotions of disappointment in our Canes..

Many poster handle this in a variety of ways, but sure as **** flying banners after 5 games is not the way to entice recruits and their parents that the U is serious about football and their program.

If I was a recruit and considering Miami, looked up and saw that banner, my first thought would be: "What the ****.....after 5 games, I wonder what might happen after 10 games......I don't know if I would fit in among these geniuses at the U. What the ****!!!"......LOL.

That $400 banner fee, may end up costing us talent among recruits that we wished would have considered our Canes in the future....

stop blaming the banner,
all recruits have to see is that we have not beaten a single P5 opponent
most recruits don't want to go to a program of almost wins and moral victories

Advertisement
stop blaming the banner,
all recruits have to see is that we have not beaten a single P5 opponent
most recruits don't want to go to a program of almost wins and moral victories

Have you spoken to 'most recruits?"

Maybe we're rebuilding and maybe Manny has a good message. Good thing recruits didn't listen to people like you in the the late 90s. Ed Reed, Bubba Franks, Edgerrin James, Dan Morgan.. all these guys came to Miami when we were flying banners and getting beat by FSU repeatedly.

You all aren't very smart. Not as it relates to Xs and Os at least. I'm sure most everyone here had a 4.0 GPA and a 1400 SAT but when it comes down to true knowledge of the game, there are only a handful of you that have any clue what you're talking about.

For example, what is the DC's # 1 responsibility? Hint: Its not play-calling

You idiots demanding we fire Manny after a few games just scream stupidity.

Idiots blaming Jarren Williams also need to educate yourselves. Yes, Perry will be an upgrade because his mobility will help disguise a lot of our OL deficiencies.

Idiots asking for Butch Davis.. stop. He was the best recruiter and analyzer of talent than anyone in history. But his gameday execution was laughably bad. Go watch the 2000 Washington game or several games from 1999. Laughable.

Wut?? His responsibility is to have the D stop the other team from scoring and converting on 4th and 17...and he has been a miserable failure. What the f()ck are you talking about here. The D has regressed from last year. its on BOTH the HC and the DC.

Cant believe that the banner is what will stop recruits from playing here and not the product on the field

I mean really?

Yes. Are you familiar with recruiting? These coaches go above and beyond to sway and entertain these kids. Every detail matters. A kid walks into Florida, Clemson, Alabama and/or UGA. What does he see? Kid walks into Miami and sees a banner about firing a coach? You think that doesn't resonate with a kid? His future? You think OTHER COACHES aren't using that against us?

Wake up, man. Atmosphere, stability, consistency mean a lot to these kids.

Advertisement
Wut?? His responsibility is to have the D stop the other team from scoring and converting on 4th and 17...and he has been a miserable failure. What the f()ck are you talking about here. The D has regressed from last year. its on BOTH the HC and the DC.

Its regressed because Manny left the defense to the DC. He came out and said he's getting more involved. His involvement will have a direct impact the performance and preparation of our defense.

Yes. Are you familiar with recruiting? These coaches go above and beyond to sway and entertain these kids. Every detail matters. A kid walks into Florida, Clemson, Alabama and/or UGA. What does he see? Kid walks into Miami and sees a banner about firing a coach? You think that doesn't resonate with a kid? His future? You think OTHER COACHES aren't using that against us?

Wake up, man. Atmosphere, stability, consistency mean a lot to these kids.

If you win..recruits will come
If you win..no banners flying.

Simple brother.

Advertisement
OP is right about one thing, there are a ton of idiots on this board. It seems like every DBJ disciple on the planet comes out of the woodwerks to defend the coaching staff every cycle when **** starts going downhill.

I suggest you go root for another program, one whose fans are cool with mediocrity

Troof

Have you spoken to 'most recruits?"

Maybe we're rebuilding and maybe Manny has a good message. Good thing recruits didn't listen to people like you in the the late 90s. Ed Reed, Bubba Franks, Edgerrin James, Dan Morgan.. all these guys came to Miami when we were flying banners and getting beat by FSU repeatedly.

Exactly banners don’t deter recruits you just proved my point that ppl think the banners will turn off recruits are just wrong

There are bigger reasons recruits don’t come
Blaming banners is trying to excuse the coaches short comings

Advertisement
Back