What is personally your most satisfying regular season win and your most devastating regular season loss all time as a Miami Hurricanes football fan?

Most disappointing loss - in OB was the final game to UVA, had to leave at halftime I was so sick to my stomach
Most disgusting loss - @ND 1988 highway robbery
Most reviled loss - OSU Fiesta Bowl, Terry Porter earned his money that night and that one hurt for days

Best Win - Every title game and 1989 in the OB against ND, and every one-point win against FSU

Advertisement
Most satisfying regular season win: 2001 vs Washington. We avenged the loss from the previous year that kept us out of the championship game. 2001 was still a relatively early time for social media. Message boards for sports fans had not been around for very long. I remember the Huskies fans really talking some smack. Saying they "owned" us. I was also younger at the time and let smack talk about my team upset me a little more than it does now days. Just a beatdown of epic proportions.

Most devastating regular season loss: 2014 vs FSU. We certainly didn't dominate them, but I felt that we outplayed them for most of the game. FSU was coming off a national championship and was undefeated coming in to play us. I thought we were going to win. Had the lead the entire game. 3rd qtr had me a little worried, but then came the 4th qtr. Watching the team implode and give FSU the game was just sickening.

1987 Florida was dropping playing us it it would be years before we played them again. I was surrounded by gators at work and then at the game I sat in the gator section of the OB. We won 31 to 4 and their 4 points we gifted them via bad snaps.

1988 at Notre Dame, the infamous Catholics versus convicts tee shirts..we lost 31 to 30 and JJ could've gone for a tie but elected to go for 2 and the win. The offficials "had a bad day" and screwed us big time.

Both games were in 1988.
Best Win-1988--Miami 31-FSU-0. After FSU released the Seminole Rap and started the year atop the rankings, the Canes came out and destroyed FSU in the opening game. Sweet!
Worst Loss--1988-Notre Dame 31-Miami 30. That bad call on Gary's so called "fumble" cost the Canes the championship that year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back