What is personally your most satisfying regular season win and your most devastating regular season loss all time as a Miami Hurricanes football fan?

Advertisement
2017 vs ND and next closes is 52-10 vs FSU 2020.

Worse loss probably 58-0 at home vs Clemson. Yeah we fired Golden so it was a positive but just embarrassing. Midd Tenn last year was tough, losing to FIU with Manny was tough.

Advertisement
list GIF

Where does one begin lol. Best Win as a younger Canes fan would be ND 2017. Loss? All of them but I'd go with the FSU 2021 debacle or Pitt 2017 game when we were undefeated. Had to get a new phone after Kenny Pickett torched us 😂😭

Win-2017 ND/2019 FSU

Lost-2015 FSU game.

I was at the FSU game in 2015 in Tallahassee and we had been down all night. An When Brad Kaaya hit Coley to take the lead in the 4th I thought we had it. I jumping up and down going crazy with all the other Miami fans. An when we ended up losing I was hurt. I parked my car on FAMU's campus and had a long *** walk back. During the walk back a bunch of FSU fans were walking next to me making fun of me. It's something I will never forget for the rest of my life. But when I went up for the 2019 FSU game and we beat the **** out of them. I talked so much **** to those FSU fans boy I know they were sick of me.

Advertisement
WIN:
November 24, 1989.
Miami routs #1 ND 27-10 at the OB. Avenging a 31-30 loss at South Bend the season prior. Among the big plays was a famous 3rd-43 pass from Craig Erickson to Randall Hill for a first down, leading to a TD and a 24-10 lead. Propelled the Canes to their 3rd national championship.
I was also celebrating by 25th birthday.

LOSS:
I would say the opening game loss at BYU in 1990. Opened the season ranked #1, defending national champ. Canes had no answer for BYU offense. Ty Detmer more or less won the Heisman that night. I think he passed for over 400 yards. At least the 46-3 Cotton Bowl win over Texas made up for a ‘disappointing’ 10-2 season.
Earlier that day I had spread some of my father‘s ashes at Pebble Beach golf course.

Advertisement
I have trouble saying one clearly stands above all others because they felt so different depending on the circumstance, but 2 cases come to mind when the wins and losses were so close in time that it made the dramatic difference hard to accept.

1998 Lose to Syracuse 66-13. One week later, beat #3 UCLA

2017 Beat #3 Notre Dame 41-8. Two weeks later, lose to unranked Pitt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back