What is personally your most satisfying regular season win and your most devastating regular season loss all time as a Miami Hurricanes football fan?

Win - 1988 - Miami 31, FSU 0. Opening day right after the Seminole national championship rap was released.

Loss - 1984 - Maryland 42, Miami 40. Miami led 31-0 at the half. Frank Reich came in in the second half and had 6 consecutive scoring drives. At the time, it was the biggest comeback victory in NCAA history. It started a 3-game slide that included the Hail Flutie game and the beginning of our Fiesta Bowl woes.

Advertisement
Win- FSU ‘91 and ‘87 (for Natty’s)
…….FSU 2000 (we were back)
Loss- ND ‘88 (for the Natty)

Honorable Mention:
Win- 31-0 over #1 FSU, 1988 :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Just to change it up from some of the popular choices:

Win: 2007 comeback win at Doak, Kirby Freeman was the hero.

Loss: The very next game after a bye week Kirby Freeman goes 1/14 with 1 TD and 3 INTs.

Actually that FSU win was the last win of a 5-7 season, we lost the next four including the 0-48 UVA game to close out the OB.

Terrible year.

Loss - Tennessee 2003
Win - FSU 2009

I remember 16yo me after the Tenn game telling myself “it’s over”. That game was everything.

My friends and I sat in Doak Campbell until they made us leave. Wanted that moment to last forever.

Advertisement
1989 ND - Revenge for the 1988 theft. Magical night in the OB.
1996 East Carolina - Blown out at home against an unranked team. Seemingly the first time the Canes had lost to an unranked team since before I was a young child (mid '80's). I knew the reign of dominance was officially over and was scared it wasn't coming back. Then, they turned it around by 2000 and I will never have such a fatalistic view again. It CAN happen again.

Fav win=Fsu 2000, felt we were finally back in the big time..
Worst loss =FSU 2016 completely lost my sh*t when lost on the blocked extra pt, thought we’d never beat them again lol

Last edited:
best and worst games attended

worst is a tie home win streak snapped against UW and last OB game drubbing against UVA both were heart breaking

best comeback against turds in 03 chomp chomp berlin in the shotgun in the second half

Advertisement
Regular season win--recency bias, so likely 2017 ND. Hard Rock was rocking like I'd never seen it before and I [mistakenly] thought that maybe, just maybe we were officially back and that we'd have a few good seasons upcoming. Honorable mention--Washington or FSU in 2001. Both games were a blast. Attended with friends and we still talk about it to this day.

Regular season loss--MTSU. That was just rock bottom for me. I've missed 2 home games since 2005 and I don't recall feeling that despondent. Honorable mention--FIU. Still a WTF moment.

WIN = FSPOO 2009 GREAT COMEBACK 38-34

LOSS = CANT PICK ONE LOST BUT NEBRASKA 1994 ORANGE BOWL 24-17 CRIED AS A YOUNG’N / SUCKEYEZ 03 CRIED AS A GROWN *** MAN

WIN- opening season blowout of FSU in 1988, when we beat a #1 ranked Deion & the Seminole shuffle team, one season after we won the NC but were disrespected universally and rated only #6 preseason

LOSS- How could you not defend your house in the last game in the OB ever and worse, get embarrassed doing so..You et an NCAA consecutiev home win streaak at the OB and can't muster up enough courage to respect the grand old dame on her last game?

WIN: tie between Miami@FSU 1991 (too many reasons) and FSU@Miami 2000 (signal of rebirth)

LOSS: tie between UW@Miami 1994 (end of the streak; almost surreal) and GT@Miami 2005 (to me, it signaled the show was over)

Advertisement
Win (tie): 91 FSU, 00 FSU, 89 ND
Loss: 48-0 UVA. first losing season since the 70s, last game of OB, etc. 14-0 La Tech. What little hope I had was gone/.

Advertisement
Best win: Notre Dame in 2017,, my brother is a ND homer and I had to wait 27 years to finally being able to see my Canes beat the gold of their helmets.

Worst gane: Other than the fiesta bowl, I'd say the bowl gane vs. Wisconsin under Shannon....cause after the game I knew that Miami won't be great under Randy.

Best win 2001 in tallahasee three years earlier we were on probation we couldn't stop there home winning streak then and I figured out that in 2001 f s u would be close to our record 58 home game winning streak that was my first trip to tallahasee brought a sign that said Pasadena bound canes. ended up onthe front of the sports section of florida today. Worst loss washingtonthat broke our home winning streak. I missed a wedding to be at that game

Best: 2003 vs UF - Bock Berlin come back, Hester opening the game with a kick return TD. Was one of the best games I’ve attended. Place was rocking 1st and 4th quarters.

Worst: a few years ago I would have said UVA the last game in the OB but so many bad ones lately. Ugh that FIU game was brutal. MTSU was rough too.

Best for me?

11/25/1989 vs. #1 ND.
Why? B/c we got screwed by them in 1988, & we returned vengeance by ******** ND out of a Nat’l title that year, not w/ the refs’ help, but w/ our on field play.

Worst for me?

11/10/2007 vs. #21 UVA
Why? It was our last game at the OB, it was supposed to be a send off game to commemorate our illustrious history there, & we got beat 48-0. I literally had tears of disgust in my eyes during & after as I couldn’t believe a team that once had some pride playing there, could be bludgeoned like that w/ zero emotions.

Advertisement
Back