What is our DL depth?

UMercury21

Recruit
So we have Ford at DT and Willis, then what? Nesta? What is our DE depth? are we going to move 1 or 2 of the bigger DE's to DT?

it seems like we are all worried about the QB situation, but our DT and DL is way worse spot.

Advertisement
DT: Willis, Bethel, Ford, Martin

DE: D Jackson, J Jackson, Garvin, Patchan, Rousseau

DE: D. Jackson, J. Jackson, Garvin, Patchan, Rousseau

Advertisement
We have 3 "experienced" DT's. Bethel, Ford, and Willis. If Ford is legit, and they all stay healthy and on the field, we will be ok. We are talking about a couple HUGE ifs though.

Advertisement

Whole lot of unknowns right there.

and here

What a mess, recruiting on the defensive side of the ball has been less than stellar for far too long. We will never compete on a national level until this drastically improves.

Whole lot of unknowns right there.

Man I'm good with that. Depth is the issue....we can't afford any injuries, but D. Jax and Joe Jackson are fine as my starters. Patchan has flashed when he played DE.....he just couldn't stay healthy. Garvin was the reason DJ Johnson transferred( I don't care what excuse is being used). Wiilis, Bethel, Ford, Silvera should be fine. I'm expecting a JUCO or another High School DT.

DT- willis, ford, bethel, silvera, briggs, thompson or carson
WDE - Joe jax - Jon Garvin - Andrew Chatfield
SDE - D Jax - Patchan - Greg Rousseau

It wont be our strength but we will manage

Advertisement
Patch and Ford need to have huge springs. Not to mention we need to stay healthy next fall. yikes

Patch and Ford need to have huge springs. Not to mention we need to stay healthy next fall. yikes

Look at the DE/DT depth when Richt was hired, look at the DL he's signed, then look at the depth today and it's a big problem.

I expect our secondary to be much better this year which will hopefully lead to more coverage sacks alleviating some of the inexperience early in the season. Also, I know we rotate a lot already but with improved QB play we should be able to get up big on teams and get the younger guys even more play time. I think we will be full steam ahead on the DL before our rematch with Clemson.

Advertisement
I've been most concerned about DT but DE might actually be a bigger issue. Two of the four DE's on the roster have injury/durability concerns and the two likely recruits for the class are ideally third down types.

DT- willis, ford, bethel, silvera, briggs, thompson or carson
WDE - Joe jax - Jon Garvin - Andrew Chatfield
SDE - D Jax - Patchan - Greg Rousseau

It wont be our strength but we will manage

LOL at you penciling in guys who haven't even committed much less signed to Miami.

Briggs was ready to commit to FSU and had to be convinced to visit, but yeah, let's put him on the depth chart. Carson doesn't seem likely either. Thompson? Big time OOS DT--that's not the type of recruiting battle we win.

We going to be okay.
As sophomores Norton and Mcintosh hadn’t done much at Miami when the new staff got here right? Who is to say ford and bethel can’t make a jump like that? Let it all play out. Kool will develop his guys plus we got a monster in Silvera coming who will serve as a 4th option At the position

Advertisement
Back