What is our DL depth?

Advertisement
We going to be okay.
As sophomores Norton and Mcintosh hadn’t done much at Miami when the new staff got here right? Who is to say ford and bethel can’t make a jump like that? Let it all play out. Kool will develop his guys plus we got a monster in Silvera coming who will serve as a 4th option At the position
They are not the same physically as the guys they are replacing. They came in like 30 pounds lighter EACH than the other guys. They required serious body transformations to take the spots we will be asking them to take, and those transformations aren't necessarily done yet.

This scheme might need to be adjusted a bit frankly, the thought of running a pair of dudes that weigh 280-285 out there is going to put a lot of pressure on the DB's since they won't be getting through any double teams at their size and strength.

Put them all on the David Boston very special diet and nutritional supplements program

DT- willis, ford, bethel, silvera, briggs, thompson or carson
WDE - Joe jax - Jon Garvin - Andrew Chatfield
SDE - D Jax - Patchan - Greg Rousseau

It wont be our strength but we will manage

I'll be careful about counting you chickens before they hatch and playing newbies in the trenches.

Advertisement
We going to be okay.
As sophomores Norton and Mcintosh hadn’t done much at Miami when the new staff got here right? Who is to say ford and bethel can’t make a jump like that? Let it all play out. Kool will develop his guys plus we got a monster in Silvera coming who will serve as a 4th option At the position

We have lost 7 DL since the season ended and signed 1 in Rousseau.

Add Nesta and Briggs if you want, but it still isnt good.

According to Rivals, Michael Thompson from Saint Louis, MO is the #4 DT. He is scheduled to visit UM on 1/26/18. His only other scheduled visits are to Missouri and USC. Any chance UM snares him, especially considering Coach Kool's Missouri connection?

Last edited:
According to Rivals, Michael Thompson from Saint Louis, MO is the #4 DT. He is schedule to visit UM on 1/26/18. His only other scheduled visits are to Missouri and USC. Any chance UM snares him, especially considering Coach Kool's Missouri connection?

Sure there’s a chance but doesn’t seem very promising. It’d be surprising if he ended up taking that visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
According to Rivals, Michael Thompson from Saint Louis, MO is the #4 DT. He is schedule to visit UM on 1/26/18. His only other scheduled visits are to Missouri and USC. Any chance UM snares him, especially considering Coach Kool's Missouri connection?

Sure there’s a chance but doesn’t seem very promising. It’d be surprising if he ended up taking that visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One can always hope.

I also see that Daniel Carson, a 3-star DE from Independence, MO visited UM in December. UM is one of 4 schools in which he has high interest, the others being Texas, Tennessee and Nebraska. I wonder if Coach Kool knew some of these Missouri DL-men when they were high-school underclassmen.

I was looking at all the big linemen coming out of Texas the other day, tons o big Ole boys. Herman, Satan and OU snatching them up, not one Texas kid to The U. Do we not recruit Texas anymore ? Jimmy recruited the **** out of it, I helped by keeping Pete Garcia informed on some kids. I would have thought MR would be all over Texas for those linemen but evidently not.

Advertisement
Back