What is Ed Reeds role?

raincane

Banned
Banned
Ed Reed is Chief of staff I believe, but what are his actual responsibilities? What is his role? I don’t really understand it. And I’m not accusing it of being bs, I just don’t see what it is.

Advertisement
you can't say "chief" anymore cause democrats are trying to get that word banned in several cities. they deem it now as racist towards native Americans. the funny thing is that the word chief is an actual Latin word that means "leader, man of power, one people look up to" and is what people called the leaders in an Indian Tribe, the "leader" of the tribe.

..I mean, you just can't make this stuff up.

Advertisement
you can't say "chief" anymore cause democrats are trying to get that word banned in several cities. they deem it now as racist towards native Americans. the funny thing is that the word chief is an actual Latin word that means "leader, man of power, one people look up to" and is what people called the leaders in an Indian Tribe, the "leader" of the tribe.

Way to stay on topic

Advertisement

I sense your fear from all the uncertainty, but don’t be scared, my friend. The world has changed right under your feet and soon you and your kinfolk will be forced to compete to earn your share of the pie as the scales continue to rebalance, but look at it this way: See it as a challenge. We’re quickly moving towards a meritocracy, and the good thing about it is at least you’ll finally find out what you’re made off.

You will find out if have the “it” factor. Will you run through the smoke to conquer a craft at a high level or will you be relegated to manning a cash register?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ed Reed is Chief of staff I believe, but what are his actual responsibilities? What is his role? I don’t really understand it. And I’m not accusing it of being bs, I just don’t see what it is.
He has no discernable role whatsoever other than for people to continue to say, "Ed Reed is Miami's Chief of Staff".

This is barreling towards ending in head scratching laughing stock.

It also shows again, Miami's consistent inability to leverage existing assets and relationships in the quest to return to greatness.

Imagine an Ed Reed best utilized teaching and mentoring these athletes for on the field play. Assuming he is a good personal role model (I don't know him), and by all accounts he appears to be, imagine the advice and experience he could impart to these young men on life in high profile football--how to act, what to not do, etc.

Instead, we get this purposefully vague "Ed Reed is Chief of Staff of Miami Football" who is not in the building everyday (its a 24/7 position btw), has certain restrictions on recruit/player interaction, and has an informal role (by all reported accounts) with the staff.

The Canes program has Ed Reed as a supporter and asset, and this is how they use him????

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back