What is Ed Reeds role?

Advertisement
He has no discernable role whatsoever other than for people to continue to say, "Ed Reed is Miami's Chief of Staff".

This is barreling towards ending in head scratching laughing stock.

It also shows again, Miami's consistent inability to leverage existing assets and relationships in the quest to return to greatness.

Imagine an Ed Reed best utilized teaching and mentoring these athletes for on the field play. Assuming he is a good personal role model (I don't know him), and by all accounts he appears to be, imagine the advice and experience he could impart to these young men on life in high profile football--how to act, what to not do, etc.

Instead, we get this purposefully vague "Ed Reed is Chief of Staff of Miami Football" who is not in the building everyday (its a 24/7 position btw), has certain restrictions on recruit/player interaction, and has an informal role (by all reported accounts) with the staff.

The Canes program has Ed Reed as a supporter and asset, and this is how they use him????

I think they will use him more as a mentor to the players, motivational speaker, consultant to coaches, closer on recruits, scouting, promoting U brand. Chief Of Staff is just a name they give it because there is really no specific term for what he will be doing. Don't really have an issue with it for now. Ultimately may not make a big difference but can't see it hurting either.

Advertisement
Why are you like this.
miniGif_20200616092150.gif

Advertisement
In other words, OP, no one has a **** clue on what Ed Reed is doing. That is the shame in it all. Our **** clowns have no clue how to use him. Thus, he just ROAMS.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I sense your fear from all the uncertainty, but don’t be scared, my friend. The world has changed right under your feet and soon you and your kinfolk will be forced to compete to earn your share of the pie as the scales continue to rebalance, but look at it this way: See it as a challenge. We’re quickly moving towards a meritocracy, and the good thing about it is at least you’ll finally find out what you’re made off.

You will find out if have the “it” factor. Will you run through the smoke to conquer a craft at a high level or will you be relegated to manning a cash register?
I normally think you're full of ish and have some of the dumbest takes on here....however this right here.....this had me spitting out my coffee and howling with laughter hahaha. I think this response will be hard to beat in this thread, however the comment about Empirical's hot take being downgraded to a 🔥🔥🔥 because it's Miami related is giving you a run for it.

Advertisement
Back