What I'm hearing as far as Yearby's commitment

Advertisement
Looks like Alshermond learned his lesson with the Dade County ***gots who played him this past recruiting cycle. He's not going to allow them to all string him along until signing day and pick someone else like that anorexic ****** Matthew Beiber and that fake redneck **** RB Charlie Pride did.

Alshermond is a bright dude who learns quickly. Only idiots keep doing the same dumb **** over and over. And Al's no idiot, so he's not going to sit there jerking Cook off until signing day and then see photos of him driving around in his new purple and orange Eclipse waving stacks of 100's. Instead, he's going to find a stud like Yearby, who is willing to commit to him and shut it down. Bird in the hand, fellas. Bird in the hand.

Another reason I said I would not have offered Yearby. No way in **** we're getting Cook, Michel and Yearby. Best we can hope for is 2 of 3 and you take Michel and Cook all day over Yearby.

Would drop Yearby for Cook in a heartbeat.

And visa versa if visa versa happened. Classic recruiting board contrarianism. It never ends. The guy who commits is never good enough. The guy we dont get is the ultimate.

No because I've been saying this since way before Yearby was committed or even offered.

I think so far we are playing this perfect. just like Chise said bird in the hand is the thing here and let's be honest Yearby is **** good back. I think this sits up well to get Sony bc I would think Sony might see Yearby as more of a complimentary piece to him than Cook. I love how we've got one nailed down already and can zero in on our #1 Michel. starting well. now we've got 11 months to make sure we finish well

Advertisement
Looks like Alshermond learned his lesson with the Dade County ***gots who played him this past recruiting cycle. He's not going to allow them to all string him along until signing day and pick someone else like that anorexic ****** Matthew Beiber and that fake redneck **** RB Charlie Pride did.

Alshermond is a bright dude who learns quickly. Only idiots keep doing the same dumb **** over and over. And Al's no idiot, so he's not going to sit there jerking Cook off until signing day and then see photos of him driving around in his new purple and orange Eclipse waving stacks of 100's. Instead, he's going to find a stud like Yearby, who is willing to commit to him and shut it down. Bird in the hand, fellas. Bird in the hand.

Preach.

Yearby should have just been a silent until signing day, so when Dalvin "U is running in 4th" Cook affirms his commitment elsewhere, some our fans can remove his **** from their mouths long enough to celebrate someone who wants to be here.

Last edited:
I agree! I don't think Golden will play the same game as he did this year, you want to be here or you don't. Move on! None of this waiting till signing day sht again.

If Cook wanted to be here he would've switched already. I doubt we've recruited anyone as hard as he and Sony. Yearby has a huge bond with Coley and Coley likes him for his system. Not to mention, everyone was flipping out about us not having a 3 down RB for the future, well here's someone who could very well be that guy.

tired of the "i'd rather have ____" talk

you know why i'd rather have Yearby?

BECAUSE HE COMMITTED TO US

he's a Cane. he wants to be here. he wants to be part of the program. i'll take him all day every day.

welcome to the U my man!

+1000. Also keeps very positive momentum going for us.

Advertisement
Already mentioned it in another thread but Cook said in an interview on 2/16 that the 4 schools still recruiting him are Bama UF UL and USC FWIW

Funny that for some, when a player commits to us, the other guy that hasn't becomes more desireable. Yearby looks like a heck of a player. Glad to have him. Cook is currently commited to Clemson. Didn't Michel commit to us back in his Soph year, before his injury? What happened with that?

Advertisement

I support this post.

Another reason I said I would not have offered Yearby. No way in **** we're getting Cook, Michel and Yearby. Best we can hope for is 2 of 3 and you take Michel and Cook all day over Yearby.

Would drop Yearby for Cook in a heartbeat.

If we had ham, we could have ham and eggs, if we had eggs.

Advertisement
Aside from the obvious fact that it's still a year away from signing day, if Cook(or anybody) wanted to use the excuse that Yearby is here to go somewhere else, well then they didnt want to be here in the first place.

I couldnt care less what Cook has to say right now to be honest.

Yearby and Sony would still end up being the best RB class in the country.

This board has gone full ******.

First off, since when do we **** on a kid that is committed to us and pledged that he is shutting his recruitment down and will start to bring others on board.

Secondly, if this kid committed to us a month before signing day we would all be fapping, but because he did so 11 months before signing day some posters interpret that as him being a plan b or c kid.

Here's the truth fellas, we are and will always be the U. Talented kids will always come here and some will leave to other programs. One thing is for sure, we never lack talented players and with the right man at the head of the table getting the right guys and guys who are committed not to themselves but to the program and to the team will always prevail over the more talented kid who goes elsewhere.

We should all be welcoming Yearby with open arms to the family and let him know we are happy to have him but now it is time to go to work.

'nuff *****ing about Cook wah wah wah...If Cook wants to be here he will be here - you can't control what you can't control.

My issue with this rumor with 4-5 posters have said then why is Cook still at Central

Yearby was a known player headed into HS. Why attend the same HS and stay there for 4 years if you dont like playing with him

some players don't want to transfer from the school they've been at and just want to prove themselves. Cook already has proven to top tier schools he can play RB there's no need for him to transfer

Yea but that doesnt answer the not wanting to play with Yearby thing. Cook has also had transfer rumors around him his whole HS career

He is going to have to compete with other guys wherever he goes. Does he not personally like Yearby??

Let's be real, besides American heritage, Central, U school, or a couple more high schools he really wouldn't have any stiff competition at RB. Central sources say that they don't like playing with each other and do not want to do it in college. The best comparison I can do for this is Kobe/Shaq except they seem to keep their beef on the down low. After his junior year, Cook probably realized there is no point to transfer because all his friends are at Central and it's not like he isnt getting enough colleges pushing for him. There's going to be a lot of smoke involving these two this year and I think eventually the truth will come out. I can't speak for the kids, they may be good friends but don't want to play with each other for another four years and be a #1 back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back