What I'm hearing about Tyre Brady

Oh and Vandy is about 40 trillion times better academically than Tennessee, and 3999999 trillion times harder to get in to than Tennessee as well. That is not even a question...

Advertisement
This argument is ******* stupid. Football players don't get admitted with the general undergrad requirements. Depends on separate standards. For general purposes Vandy is superior, but that doesn't mean it is harder to get a football player into. Take your ****ing match elsewhere.

Another WR? We have so many WR at this point, this cat will be lucky to get more than 2 throws in his direction.

Advertisement
Tons of WR this year and next. We got the gem last year; we will get our share this year. Position is deep anyway. Whoever we get will benifit from the fact that this staff actually has a plan for future qbs that includes one than one kid from one school. We have talent at qb on team and more on the way. Whoever we get will be better for it.

Oh and Vandy is about 40 trillion times better academically than Tennessee, and 3999999 trillion times harder to get in to than Tennessee as well. That is not even a question...

It's actually not the question. But you gentlemen continue to answer it. You have no knowledge of the sliding scale Vandy uses and the one UT does not.

This argument is ****ing stupid. Football players don't get admitted with the general undergrad requirements. Depends on separate standards. For general purposes Vandy is superior, but that doesn't mean it is harder to get a football player into. Take your ****ing match elsewhere.

This makes my point succinctly and with appropriate verve.

This argument is ****ing stupid. Football players don't get admitted with the general undergrad requirements. Depends on separate standards. For general purposes Vandy is superior, but that doesn't mean it is harder to get a football player into. Take your ****ing match elsewhere.

Would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?

Advertisement

Would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?

Stuff sucks butt.

This probably has to do more with grades.

It makes sense if we told him we wanted to sign and place. Hopefully he isn't another McCartney.

If I'm not mistaken, Sticks could have worked hard and probably got in but ended up taking the easy way out going to WVU. I'd hope Brady would show a different mindset than Sticks did back then.

You remember correctly, from Sicks' own mouth he didn't want to do the work necessary. Not saying that was the only reason, that's just weak ****. Don't know why people were so excited every off season when the transfer rumors started.

Advertisement
Indy -

There is no way in **** Vandy is easier to get into as a football player than UT.

I don't know what you've been told, but that's ridiculous.

Can I ask what basis you have for being so confident? I understand it sounds ridiculous, but that doesn't mean it is. Of course the historical narrative of the two schools makes the suggestion laughable. But putting that history aside, do you know something solid and definitive beyond it?

The admission rates previously posted in this thread aside - which have Vandy roughly three times more difficult to gain admission to than UT for the general populace - all I have is anecdotal evidence, or the lack thereof.

I'm from Memphis, and have a ton of family there still. I have multiple friends and family who have attended either Vandy or UT. I travel in college football crazed circles. I spent a lot of time listening to sports talk radio in Memphis last year. I like SEC football and pay attention. Despite all of that, I've never once heard even a sniff of a hint that Vandy was now easier for football players to get into than UT. Pretty sure if I tried to float that line in Memphis, I'd get laughed out of the room.

That said, you're the one with the outlandish claim here.

Do you have anything solid and definitive to back up your quite unbelievable position?

Indy -

There is no way in **** Vandy is easier to get into as a football player than UT.

I don't know what you've been told, but that's ridiculous.

Can I ask what basis you have for being so confident? I understand it sounds ridiculous, but that doesn't mean it is. Of course the historical narrative of the two schools makes the suggestion laughable. But putting that history aside, do you know something solid and definitive beyond it?

The admission rates previously posted in this thread aside - which have Vandy roughly three times more difficult to gain admission to than UT for the general populace - all I have is anecdotal evidence, or the lack thereof.

I'm from Memphis, and have a ton of family there still. I have multiple friends and family who have attended either Vandy or UT. I travel in college football crazed circles. I spent a lot of time listening to sports talk radio in Memphis last year. I like SEC football and pay attention. Despite all of that, I've never once heard even a sniff of a hint that Vandy was now easier for football players to get into than UT. Pretty sure if I tried to float that line in Memphis, I'd get laughed out of the room.

That said, you're the one with the outlandish claim here.

Do you have anything solid and definitive to back up your quite unbelievable position?

So, you listen to talk radio, have family in Memphis and have a fear of being laughed at. I don't know what qualifies as "solid and definitive" information to your studious intake of sports talk radio and "paying attention" to the SEC. I don't care if you believe what I've said. I know the information is good. It comes from inside the UT athletic department, from a long-standing employee. Can you name one member of their admin without looking it up? Did you know Dooley tried to resign after the Kentucky loss in 2011? Do you know about any of the lawsuits going forward my current employees against the University?

Advertisement
Brady was just talking about committing and now Tennessee and Kentucky are bigger and he wants out of the city?

Smells like Miami got a close look at his transcripts

Why would we finally offer in the last week though? That doesn't compute.

Maybe thinking he'll be a sign and place? Not sure, but hasn't grades always been a concern with Brady?

Brady was just talking about committing and now Tennessee and Kentucky are bigger and he wants out of the city?

Smells like Miami got a close look at his transcripts

Why would we finally offer in the last week though? That doesn't compute.

Maybe thinking he'll be a sign and place? Not sure, but hasn't grades always been a concern with Brady?

It's the only thing that makes sense unless he is somehow miraculously all good.

So, you listen to talk radio, have family in Memphis and have a fear of being laughed at. I don't know what qualifies as "solid and definitive" information to your studious intake of sports talk radio and "paying attention" to the SEC. I don't care if you believe what I've said. I know the information is good. It comes from inside the UT athletic department, from a long-standing employee. Can you name one member of their admin without looking it up? Did you know Dooley tried to resign after the Kentucky loss in 2011? Do you know about any of the lawsuits going forward my current employees against the University?

Yah. What the **** do I know?

Guess I'll have to throw my, "I was a guest at Peyton Manning's wedding," card on the table.

But, hey, you know some desk-jockey. Good for you.

Advertisement
Back