What I'm hearing about Tyre Brady

Advertisement
Wait we're a run first offense? That's news to me, also, what happened last week it sounded like he was ready and just wanted to check with his parents?

I thought Tennessee's new offense has a lot of read option elements.

Advertisement
I seem to remember a couple of 500 yard passing game last year with a promise of more of the same.

Advertisement
The last position I'm worried about is WR.

Good luck to the kid if he wants to go to Kentucky (lmao) or facking Tennessee with their brick by brick jacking selves.

i wont get mad a a player for choosing a school because he want to play instead of going prep or juco, i blame our broke school system

Tenn and Kent involved signals terrible grades.

Completely false, regarding Tennessee. I'm familiar with their current environment. If Brady cannot get into Miami, he has no chance of making it into UT. It has been overrun with academia of Tad Foote ilk, and has quietly and literally become more difficult to get into than Vanderbilt. It is a seismic issue, and even undercut Hart's attempts to hire a head coach (you're all familiar with that fiasco).

The APR scores are due significantly to their recent head coach's ineptitude (this time last year he had double-digit players on academic probation) and the draconian scholastic demands put on student-athletes by President Jimmy Cheek and others.

I have no knowledge of Kentucky. Nor do they have knowledge of any kind.

Advertisement
Did he commit to another school?

Lulz. You guys are jumping ship awfully quickly. Good grief.

Completely false, regarding Tennessee. I'm familiar with their current environment. If Brady cannot get into Miami, he has no chance of making it into UT. It has been overrun with academia of Tad Foote ilk, and has quietly and literally become more difficult to get into than Vanderbilt. It is a seismic issue, and even undercut Hart's attempts to hire a head coach (you're all familiar with that fiasco).

The APR scores are due significantly to their recent head coach's ineptitude (this time last year he had double-digit players on academic probation) and the draconian scholastic demands put on student-athletes by President Jimmy Cheek and others.

Absolutely ridiculous that it's easier to get into Vanderbilt than Tennessee. Per US news, Vanderbilt's acceptance rate is 16.4%. Tennessee's is 69.7%. That's not even remotely close.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/vanderbilt-university-3535

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-tennessee-3530

Although some of that is skewed for in state admissions, there is still a wide disparity for out of state. Vandy is #17 and UT is #101 in a rankings methodology that highly values selectivity. To say that UT is harder to get into is a flat out insult to Vandy students.

Advertisement

Absolutely ridiculous that it's easier to get into Vanderbilt than Tennessee. Per US news, Vanderbilt's acceptance rate is 16.4%. Tennessee's is 69.7%. That's not even remotely close.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/vanderbilt-university-3535

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-tennessee-3530

Although some of that is skewed for in state admissions, there is still a wide disparity for out of state. Vandy is #17 and UT is #101 in a rankings methodology that highly values selectivity. To say that UT is harder to get into is a flat out insult to Vandy students.

Do you have the acceptance rates for football players? Do you know what Franklin has negotiated within the University? I'm asking for a friend.

Further, admission rates for the vast majority of private universities will be far lower than state schools because the student body is much smaller and do not need a constant mill in the tens of thousands. Whereas the application pool is not likewise limited. No question Vanderbilt, student to student, is more difficult to gain entrance to than UT. Still, those numbers are skewed.

But the question is not concerning business majors. It is student athletes. And Vanderbilt is mining Memphis, while UT is at war--internally--over getting their standards lowered.

Last edited:
We will be just fine at WR, no one knew we would get Darrell Langham this weekend. We will find about 3-4 high quality players.

Do you have the acceptance rates for football players? Do you know what Franklin has negotiated within the University? I'm asking for a friend.

When were these new admission policies put in place? I remember Dante Phillips not being able to get into UF but being able to get into UT IN 2012.

Would love to have him, but if not it's not a big loss. Too much talent this year to get wild up over a kid like him.

Advertisement
Back