What if..

Advertisement
Well the Miami football program seems quite tolerant and accepting based on recent actions by manny and company. If these kids won’t even come here for no bags(or smaller bags) then sorry to say your idea won’t happen. But yes the players have power they don’t realize

Advertisement
there could be an interesting shift if Bronny James decides to go to an HBCU... if he becomes elite.. that could be the paradigm shift... it would certainly be a legacy defining decision that would separate him from his fathers legacy to an extent.

The resources at a Power 5 school are just far too great (food, equipment, tutors, etc). It would take years and years of revenue from superb teams for them to even remotely catch up.

Plus it would require at least 65 really good players to fill up a football team, which is a whole lot of people who would have to decide to go to a HBCU with few resources. Basketball is more likely as there are less players for a team, but even that seems unlikely.

The resources at a Power 5 school are just far too great (food, equipment, tutors, etc). It would take years and years of revenue from superb teams for them to even remotely catch up.

Plus it would require at least 65 really good players to fill up a football team, which is a whole lot of people who would have to decide to go to a HBCU with few resources. Basketball is more likely as there are less players for a team, but even that seems unlikely.

There only 3 maybe 4 Teams with elite talent through out their roster. Most teams, probably 15 to 20 percent of their roster is good to elite talent

It would be probably be a 3 year transition. If all the elite talent from every power conference team transfer out this year. This year signing class and next year signing. Famu would be putting foots in FSU by 2022. It's not like the cupboard is extremely bare at HBCU

Advertisement
there could be an interesting shift if Bronny James decides to go to an HBCU... if he becomes elite.. that could be the paradigm shift... it would certainly be a legacy defining decision that would separate him from his fathers legacy to an extent.

Lebron James kid is not going to a HBCU, give me a break

You think Lebrons fake *** woul let his kid do that good

Unreal.

I had to look twice just to be sure I was reading the words correctly.

Will.Never.Happen.

First, it won't, because grandma and uncle will NEVER (and I mean NEVER) turn down bag money. So unless the HBC's start dropping serious cash, the kids will continue to be easily bought.

Second, it shouldn't, because the last thing the world needs right now is more segregation. The HBC's have an important role to play in our society, and have a key historical legacy in this country. If any kid believes a HBC is best for them, then that is perfectly fine. But to imply "you should go there because of your race," is a more than a bit troubling. I really hope that's not what you meant.

Advertisement
Whoa- Jemele Hill has a CIS account! You were pretty good on that show with Bomani. Why they fired you and not Screamin' A Smith is baffling.

...All black Star athletes transfer/sign with HBCUs? It would mean putting a cause ahead of your personal gain(IE: bagmen)

I doubt it would happen. But man if it did..

Interesting idea. I think basketball is the easier sport to put this together. Imagine if a couple 5* recruits signed to a HBCU for basketball. That would be a fun story to follow IMO.

Unreal.

I had to look twice just to be sure I was reading the words correctly.

Will.Never.Happen.

First, it won't, because grandma and uncle will NEVER (and I mean NEVER) turn down bag money. So unless the HBC's start dropping serious cash, the kids will continue to be easily bought.

Second, it shouldn't, because the last thing the world needs right now is more segregation. The HBC's have an important role to play in our society, and have a key historical legacy in this country. If any kid believes a HBC is best for them, then that is perfectly fine. But to imply "you should go there because of your race," is a more than a bit troubling. I really hope that's not what you meant.

Has nothing to do with race. Has every with helping strengthen your community. Other ethnic community have alot of economic power because they spend their money in the community. That is money circulate d several times before it leaves they community.

They are no absolute in life, so it would be all the black people any way. You white people go to HBCU too?

Advertisement
Whoa- Jemele Hill has a CIS account! You were pretty good on that show with Bomani. Why they fired you and not Screamin' A Smith is baffling.

Interesting... I think it an unorthodox idea. Every group has own little communities to build. Asian have little Chinatown, latins have little Havana, Whites have whole foods and super cuts. Why can't black people gear money things that help benefit black communites. If Going to a HBCU can help bring advertising and tv money, why not.

It same reason I have always thought Miami players should stay in my and bring prosperity to Miami. it helps near by communites and local business. In which helps low income areas to. The whole rising tide thing.

Hope the uprising and movement to HBCU schools begins with the transfers of the majority of Half *** U's current team. That is if this thread was more than a "What If" thread.

Advertisement
Back