What if Richt never benched Kosi

It Perry starts the whole season we still get blown out by LSU but we are 100% better than 6-5.

Advertisement
If I’m wrong correct me. But did t Perry play most of the Duke game?

I thought so too then I checked.
Rosier played 6 series in the 1st half.
Perry played 2.

What if Terry Porter was stillborn?

True!
How about 4 plays before that?
"What if" Sharpe just settled at the sticks on that 4th and 14 instead of Gamble getting to his body and pushing off.
ST was helping out behind him.
Ahhhh....pick six for the Natty...what could have been.

Advertisement
Perry is far more accurate than rosier yet we were told he wasn’t in the fall. Richt botched the season period by not having Perry ready for LSU game. And then further botched it vs uva. Perry started off terrible vs uva but in the long run maybe he needed that to humble himself and get him to understand that he has to go the extra mile as a qb in extended time watching film and all of the little things a qb must do because let’s be real, he looked lost early on vs uva

Exactly. After that schit show to end last season. Richt should have had Perry ready to go by game 1.

Scheme won us 10 straight last year. And I hate the scheme. It needs to be updated.

However, this decision by Richt to quick trigger Perry out against UVA, and the fact that he interchanged QBs for a few games thereafter killed us and this season. It honestly might be the worst coaching decision I've ever witnessed. Clueless to think it didn't affect us and it was all scheme.

What if Testerverde sees a Wide Open Irvin in the EZ against Penn St...
What if Berlin sees a Wide Open Winslow in the EZ against Tenn in 03...
What if Gary's TD is called correctly in 88....
Forgot about the 2003 Fiesta Bowl

Advertisement
What if Richt was a good playcaller?
What if Searles knew how to coach the o line?
What if special teams didn’t suck balls?
What if WR knew how to catch?
What if DJ knew how to hold onto the ball?

Stop it with the “what if’s”, those things didn’t happen and this team is 6-5. That’s the reality of it.

It sucks that it worked out this way. However, perhaps Perry needed to have it taken away from him in order to take his opportunity seriously?

Advertisement
How should Perry have "been the guy" if you acknowledge he disobeyed rules and lacked the discipline to be named the starter over someone he was clearly more talented than? Knowing what we all know about his poor preparation and commitment to being a student athlete, would you have made him a starter anyway?
Of course I don't know if he should have been the guy all along. None of us will ever know now. I am a believer however that suspension is not always the best consequence for every infraction. Sometimes you have to go that route. There are multiple things coaches should have in their tool boxes that fairly and firmly discipline players without taking away game time. that potentially hurts the team moreso than it does the player being suspended. Additionally, the quick benching of him a few weeks ago may or may not have been justified. Going back to Rosier so quickly at that point was a bummer for most of our fan base and apparently didn't help locker room relations either.

Of course I don't know if he should have been the guy all along. None of us will ever know now. I am a believer however that suspension is not always the best consequence for every infraction. Sometimes you have to go that route. There are multiple things coaches should have in their tool boxes that fairly and firmly discipline players without taking away game time. that potentially hurts the team moreso than it does the player being suspended. Additionally, the quick benching of him a few weeks ago may or may not have been justified. Going back to Rosier so quickly at that point was a bummer for most of our fan base and apparently didn't help locker room relations either.
Richt may also believe that. Would the other options even be announced? I mean, a suspension is probably going to go public. A lesser penalty would probably go unnoticed. We really don’t know, do we?

Advertisement
Back