What if Richt never benched Kosi

Advertisement
That's a big assumption. I think Perry's immaturity and Richt's demands/stubborness both played roles in what happened:

Perry said this just this week:

“Watched a lot more film, definitely the studying part,” Perry said Wednesday, when describing how his preparation for last week’s game at Georgia Tech was different from how he’d gotten ready for some of Miami’s earlier games. “Not just in the facility, but on my own. That was the main goal. Not just watching it by myself, but getting the players involved.”

He continued, “I knew it was another opportunity and I knew I needed to take advantage of it and I felt like I tried my best.”

Perry is far more accurate than rosier yet we were told he wasn’t in the fall. Richt botched the season period by not having Perry ready for LSU game. And then further botched it vs uva. Perry started off terrible vs uva but in the long run maybe he needed that to humble himself and get him to understand that he has to go the extra mile as a qb in extended time watching film and all of the little things a qb must do because let’s be real, he looked lost early on vs uva

Advertisement
Instead of losing 4 straight we probably split and are 9-3 right now without hemorrhaging recruits and still in coastal contention. He totally mismanaged this situation. Really unbelievable and unforgivable

You may be right, but consider this: Rosier was the starter last year and there was no way he dropped below #2 on the depth chart. When Perry starts making mistakes do you leave him in knowing you had a QB winning 10 wins last year?

You may be right, but consider this: Rosier was the starter last year and there was no way he dropped below #2 on the depth chart. When Perry starts making mistakes do you leave him in knowing you had a QB winning 10 wins last year?
Yes because Rosier makes at least as many mistakes as Perry without the upside Perry provides. Some people assume Rosier is a less risky option than Perry but he never was imo.

Perry is far more accurate than rosier yet we were told he wasn’t in the fall. Richt botched the season period by not having Perry ready for LSU game. And then further botched it vs uva. Perry started off terrible vs uva but in the long run maybe he needed that to humble himself and get him to understand that he has to go the extra mile as a qb in extended time watching film and all of the little things a qb must do because let’s be real, he looked lost early on vs uva

100% agree, my dude Brock. Richt fvcked that whole thing up. Perry or Cade both are better QBs than Malik, and both were RFr coming into the season. Richt had an entire calendar year to get one of those guys ready for this season. No excuses.

Plus, he even admitted he almost yanked him in the FSU game. Should have let him play through the UVA game, because that was a trap game anyways with a high likelihood of failure written all over it. You take your lumps with UVA then make him better for it going into BC, Duke and GT.

Middle school scheme and ****** soft OL aside, I think we win 3 of those 4 games had Richt let Perry grow during that stretch.

Advertisement
I know rules/discipline are necessary. I also understand loyalty. That being said, Kosi (or maybe even Williams, IDK?), should have been the guy. Let him make his immature mistakes early in season, then $ in conference play. That being said, Rick has incarcerated our offense. Let players make plays. Period.

Perry was suspended for LSU, friend. But you seem committed to this narrative, so carry on...

Instead of losing 4 straight we probably split and are 9-3 right now without hemorrhaging recruits and still in coastal contention. He totally mismanaged this situation. Really unbelievable and unforgivable
"unforgivable" dang dude, if that's all it takes in your book to not forgive someone, exit all contact from humanity right now.

Advertisement

This is the problem with alot you guys thinking, but im glad you corrected yourself at the end. You start off blaming coach richt for perry's failures, when its been perry's as well as the other young qb's who's study habits were not what they should be. So if you are an oc, and you asking certain questions, and a guy that's pouting about not starting just because he has a better arm, but cant answer basic questions about the playbook or defensive coverages that he should, you just gone start him anyway. So when coach richt came out and said rosier gives us the best chance to win, he wasnt lying. And we saw the epitome of that in the UVA game, 3 of 6 for 20yrds and picks.

Its already a known fact coach richt never wanted to start rosier here from day one. But last year rosier improved himself,, played to the best of his ability, we won 10 straight, that's how you earn respect. Pouting like babies and at the same time not making plays when your number is called, that's not what real balla's do, real balla's put their heads down, and go to work. People complaining now about why cam davis just now seeing action, its called "player development" the guys who signed late are always at a disadvntage for getting playing time. That's why wiggins is in and pope not, wiggins blocks and knows the plays.

If guys start transferring, so what, if a True freshman is complaining already cause he not playing, we dont need cry babies, nobody was talking that high of pope during practices, he has the talent but he wasnt an all world practice player. The players that stick around nd work hard will benefit greatly in this system, the pouters will fade off.

I would've been okay leaving Perry in against UVA and him throwing 4-5 interceptions losing the game. If you question his approach to the game and think he's overly ****y, nothing like a humbling experience to put things in perspective. Instead, Richt put Rosier in and Perry was left thinking "what the ****?"

Advertisement
Most of this thread is judgemental nonsense my contribution included. CMR knows things we don’t. Who knows. I still don’t trust Kosi. We’re going to trust him but somewhere down the road when the team is built around him I fear he will blow us out of the water by doing something stupid. Hope I’m wrong.

Perry was suspended for LSU, friend. But you seem committed to this narrative, so carry on...
Suspend him like the sec coaches do for a lesser game, not one you know you need him to win. We played multiple cupcakes after that game

Suspend him like the sec coaches do for a lesser game, not one you know you need him to win. We played multiple cupcakes after that game

And that's why the youth of today acts the way they do...you teach him zero lessons when you do something like that. Bottom line don't break the team rules and put yourself and your team in that predicament

l. Richt botched the season period by not having Perry ready for LSU game. Aa

I'm not defending Richt because this QB fiasco (and not recruiting one this year) is on him and his useless son...BUT. You can make the argument Perry still isn't ready for LSU.

Advertisement
Back