What if Richt never benched Kosi

And that's why the youth of today acts the way they do...you teach him zero lessons when you do something like that. Bottom line don't break the team rules and put yourself and your team in that predicament
Unless it's something really bad, get Dugans or Manny to roll these kids a few hundred yards after practice a couple of times. Guarantee to solve small discipline issues.

Weldon 2 (maybe more?) weed offenses, yeah, I understand this suspension even though that ganja gonna be legal soon

Advertisement
Suspend him like the sec coaches do for a lesser game, not one you know you need him to win. We played multiple cupcakes after that game

LSU, on the road (that was a road game even if it wasn't at LSU), that isn't the team or the spot to test the waters with inexperience. Nothing changes if he starts that game.

Instead of losing 4 straight we probably split and are 9-3 right now without hemorrhaging recruits and still in coastal contention. He totally mismanaged this situation. Really unbelievable and unforgivable

I'm assuming 8-3, since we only played 11.
The only game I can give you is Duke.
7-4, best case scenario, IMO.

I know rules/discipline are necessary. I also understand loyalty. That being said, Kosi (or maybe even Williams, IDK?), should have been the guy. Let him make his immature mistakes early in season, then $ in conference play. That being said, Rick has incarcerated our offense. Let players make plays. Period.

How should Perry have "been the guy" if you acknowledge he disobeyed rules and lacked the discipline to be named the starter over someone he was clearly more talented than? Knowing what we all know about his poor preparation and commitment to being a student athlete, would you have made him a starter anyway?

Last edited:
Advertisement
If he was trying to send a message to Perry to get his head right, he may have done it...but **** it took too long

Maybe you take him out against UVA and then start Rosier after the bye week. But Rosier was a POS against BC and Perry should've come in sooner than that. We most likely will still lose UVa and BC, but you potentially give the offense some momentum going into the weeks against Duke and GTech. Offense was going nowhere with Rosier and everyone outside of Richt and 12 knew that.

So I agree, we may have split and still salvage the season. Richt just held out too long IMO.

The announcera gave Perry a C to a B grade last night. But he was more of a fringe A- to me, considering the touchdown killing drops of Wiggins and Homer and the drive killing drops of Langham and Cager.

I think if Perry notices the shortening clock on his college career and keeps everything above his shoulders straight, he may have a chance to flirt with what we've been needing at QB. He's got the arm talent, he's got decent wheels, he was looking off receivers. Just needs to work on his pre-snap reads and command in the pocket. He was dropping absolute dimes last night in a hostile environment with a grade school playbook

And that's why the youth of today acts the way they do...you teach him zero lessons when you do something like that. Bottom line don't break the team rules and put yourself and your team in that predicament

Integrity above all with these teenagers, man. Especially nowadays with all the distractions and the way talented kids are spoiled from such and early age.

If we had Perry u may be right who knows....i know one thing though. This ancient offense still does not vs Clemson and gets bodied in the ACCCG

Advertisement
What if Testerverde sees a Wide Open Irvin in the EZ against Penn St...
What if Berlin sees a Wide Open Winslow in the EZ against Tenn in 03...
What if Gary's TD is called correctly in 88....

There are a lot of mistakes and penalties, but CMRs removal of Perry was a horrendous coaching decision effecting his future QB. Even if we lose 2 or even 3 more games Perry gets much needed experience and maturity. The worst decision of his tenure I think.

Honestly feel that Perry would hve settled down that second half against UVA and won it in the second half

BC would have been close as the defense got wobbly but I think Perry makes those throws that Rosie kept missing. I remember twice roSie missing a wide open JT4 who has absolutely dusted his defender

Duke is a toss up as I think DJ lost that game with his costly fumbles. It was a monsoon of a game for most of it so qb play was not really needed

Advertisement
Impossible to prove a hypothetical like this, but I believe we win them all except maybe BC. One thing about Perry as was noted on the broadcast, he gets better as the game progresses.

If he was trying to send a message to Perry to get his head right, he may have done it...but **** it took too long

Maybe you take him out against UVA and then start Rosier after the bye week. But Rosier was a POS against BC and Perry should've come in sooner than that. We most likely will still lose UVa and BC, but you potentially give the offense some momentum going into the weeks against Duke and GTech. Offense was going nowhere with Rosier and everyone outside of Richt and 12 knew that.

So I agree, we may have split and still salvage the season. Richt just held out too long IMO.

The announcera gave Perry a C to a B grade last night. But he was more of a fringe A- to me, considering the touchdown killing drops of Wiggins and Homer and the drive killing drops of Langham and Cager.

I think if Perry notices the shortening clock on his college career and keeps everything above his shoulders straight, he may have a chance to flirt with what we've been needing at QB. He's got the arm talent, he's got decent wheels, he was looking off receivers. Just needs to work on his pre-snap reads and command in the pocket. He was dropping absolute dimes last night in a hostile environment with a grade school playbook

As if Richt had a choice. Dude said he wanted to "put a premium on practice before naming the starter each week."

These kids don't understand the concept of preparing like champions to be champions, and let Malik Rosier (who isn't perfect by any means) beat them week after week for the job. It's really pathetic, and the Richt's need to keep looking for the guy who understands what this thing is about. I will also say, by no fault of his own, John Richt may not be respected by these kids even-though everything he tells them may be correct. If that's the case, another voice may be necessary.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So who starts next week?

Simple, the guy that prepares the best and understands he's not out here for himself, but he's preparing because he doesnt want to let the next man/his teammates down. Earn your way, seeing perry stand in the pocket yesterday and get blasted but still delivered that ball to cager on the money, that'll earn coach richt's and his teammates respect, and coach richt will point that.

As if Richt had a choice. Dude said he wanted to "put a premium on practice before naming the starter each week."

These kids don't understand the concept of preparing like champions to be champions, and let Malik Rosier (who isn't perfect by any means) beat them week after week for the job. It's really pathetic, and the Richt's need to keep looking for the guy who understands what this thing is about. I will also say, by no fault of his own, John Richt may not be respected by these kids even-though everything he tells them is correct. If that's the case, another voice may be necessary.

He had choices. Many of them. Outside of Rosier, every quarterback he has brought in was his choice. He also chose to only bring in a certain amount of QB recruits each cycle. Other than MJJ this year, he's hit his QB board every other year.

Quit it with the Richt has his hands tied behind his back routine and stop making excuses for him and son.

No, we kept our scheme and let Allison walk. We went all in on Sitkowski, let him walk, and landed the more talented QB. Every single one of the QBs on this roster not wearing #12 is who Richt wanted. If they're not developing at the rate he wants or if they're getting suspended for character issues, then lies solely on Mark and his son for not correctly identifying this from the onset.

Midseason of year 3 and he's shuffling QBs without the excuse of injuries, sitting at 6-5 with an elite defense at your hip. Get real. The Richt's are the failure here.

Advertisement
Back