What If I Told You Before The Season Started That....

All we needed here has been competent coaching with the talent we get yearly.

Not that surprised at what's happening right now

Advertisement
[MENTION=9712]Tad Footeball[/MENTION]

Would've told you crack is wack

All we needed here has been competent coaching with the talent we get yearly.

Not that surprised at what's happening right now

Funny. The national media would have you believing that it was more due to the size of our weight room and the commute from Coral Gables to Miami Gardens.

I thought we would beat noles from the minute Mark got hired and already placing some $ on it with nole fans. While is thought they were drifting down, I didn't expect their collapse. The surprise is how badly a bunch of teams are doing. I assumed ND would be a barrier but now we have one game season now -- ACCCG. We "should" win the rest. I am not ready to throw $$ down against OSU or Bama -- yet.

Good point on Notre Dame too. I didn't even think to put "Notre Dame will probably have 4 losses BEFORE we even play them" into my hypothetical prognostication.

I thought FSU and ND would come in undefeated -- so much for being a football genius. It does look like the stars could be lining up for us to have shot. We have a bunch of talented new players on defense who were not touched with the fat wand by Al and who expect to win now. Can we lose a game? Sure. Should we lose to anyone before Clemson? Nope, not now. Can we beat Clemson? Do you thing the kids from last year would like a little payback? You think Mark might be a little hyped for one win to the redemption of making the playoffs the first year after being fired. Yes and Yes. I like our chances.

I'm doing my best to temper short term expectation of grandeur here but I do know that as of today we're more than likely favored in our remaining games. "As of today" is a dangerous term in relation to "eventual reality" but I'll take it as opposed to some other alternatives. Win this week, kill that monkey that's been on our back and then things start to get really serious.

I hear you.

Advertisement
This Canes team is beginning to remind me of something from distant memory: the 1971 Miami Dolphins that went to New Orleans and lost to Dallas and the Doomsday Defense of Bob Lilly and Jethro Pugh.

Roger Staubach had a great day for himself that January of 1972. Shula and those Dolphins ran through their AFC opponents until they ran into someone who had been to the mountain top and lost, and wanted it more. That's what I think will happen to us when we meet Clemson, as I think we will.

They were this close to beating Bama last year. I think they want that rematch. We're becoming a VERY good football team, just not good enough to get past Clemson.

That said, I think we send the Noles packing this Saturday. Coach Cuck may have lost the locker room, now that his players know that his wife went south on him with a Gatah and, to top it off, he's trying to PSU his players with the Tigers job.

I said before the season I thought FSU was going to be down this year, I was unsurprisingly ripped for it...the question is, will Fisher stick around or will he slide over to LSU?

I expected to be 4-0. Let's talk next week.

Me too. Anything less would have been very troubling. It's all the outside factors that are surprising- the ranking, the FSU collapse, the new extreme importance of the UNC game, etc. I definitely didn't see the Notre Dame immediate slide either.

Advertisement
Sucks that we don't have an eight team playoff. I think that even with a loss in the ACC championship game (if it was a close game) to Clemson, a 1 loss Miami team and 1 loss Louisville team would both make it into the playoffs.

I would have said thank you very much Tad.
I will have what you are having.

Haha. I would have called BS especially on the notion that we'd be the Vegas favorite. Haven't seen any early lines yet but people were saying yesterday even before FSU's loss that we might be the favorite.

Let's see, FSU was overrated with new QB and that tool of a coach. vs a Mark Richt offense and Manny Diaz D, with Bradley Kaaya and all of our offensive talent before S.Bruce got hurt? I'd have bought that. Actually, i did buy it. Who wouldn't if the expectation was 10-2 or better? We've done nothing special, this is about what I expected with a little more consistency on offense.

Throw in, "FSU gets beaten by 40+ to UL"....

Here's my thinking.... If Richt is the real deal, we have no reason to lose to FSU. If UNC can beat them, and UL can throttle them, we should beat them. I like Richt, a LOT, but this is a game he was hired to win. Even Al Freakin' Golden had us at the gates of victory against these bums, so Richt should get us a W. If he doesn't, I will be disappointed. The energy level for FSU this year will be the highest it has been for a home FSU game since 2000. We want this game more than any game the last 12 years+. We NEED this game.

That being said, I'll still 100% support Richt, no matter the outcome. Our team isn't perfect yet, I just feel we are good enough to beat those undisciplined bums.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back