What If I Told You Before The Season Started That....

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
....we'd be going into FSU week knocking on the door of a top ten ranking, are the highest ranked team in the state, will be a Vegas favorite against the Noles AND that the UNC game the week after is technically a bigger game?

Yeah yeah yeah, we haven't proven anything yet but it is amazing how fast the tides can change in college football. Buckle up, kids. I hope there's nothing left of Stephen Ross' new stadium after the nuclear bomb that's about to go off next Saturday night.

Advertisement
I would have said that kool-aid you were drinking must have been Jaylen Ramsey sweet cuz your crazy.

I would have said thank you very much Tad.
I will have what you are having.

Haha. I would have called BS especially on the notion that we'd be the Vegas favorite. Haven't seen any early lines yet but people were saying yesterday even before FSU's loss that we might be the favorite.

Advertisement
I thought we would beat noles from the minute Mark got hired and already placing some $ on it with nole fans. While is thought they were drifting down, I didn't expect their collapse. The surprise is how badly a bunch of teams are doing. I assumed ND would be a barrier but now we have one game season now -- ACCCG. We "should" win the rest. I am not ready to throw $$ down against OSU or Bama -- yet.

I thought we would beat noles from the minute Mark got hired and already placing some $ on it with nole fans. While is thought they were drifting down, I didn't expect their collapse. The surprise is how badly a bunch of teams are doing. I assumed ND would be a barrier but now we have one game season now -- ACCCG. We "should" win the rest. I am not ready to throw $$ down against OSU or Bama -- yet.

Good point on Notre Dame too. I didn't even think to put "Notre Dame will probably have 4 losses BEFORE we even play them" into my hypothetical prognostication.

I would of said, that's why you play a bunch of cupcakes at the beginning of the season - so you can jump ahead of the line in the rankings. now, we are about to find out if we deserve it or not.

....we'd be going into FSU week knocking on the door of a top ten ranking, are the highest ranked team in the state, will be a Vegas favorite against the Noles AND that the UNC game the week after is technically a bigger game?

Yeah yeah yeah, we haven't proven anything yet but it is amazing how fast the tides can change in college football. Buckle up, kids. I hope there's nothing left of Stephen Ross' new stadium after the nuclear bomb that's about to go off next Saturday night.

Complete and utter bull****. Never gonna happen, you should be band for your crazy talkin.

Advertisement
Unc won't be a gimme, fsu won't be either, even if they stink, rivalry games are rivalry games.

Unc can put up points. If we trot out the GT offense against them I'd be really concerned.

I don't think we should chock up UNC as a easy win (or even a should win at this point), their offense has looked pretty good so far (their defense is another story) and as happy and excited as I am about how our team is playing, we still haven't played a legit team with a non gimmick offense. FSU should tell us a lot about how much our defense has improved.

Going undefeated is a hard feat for even great teams, I like the improvement and unlike the 7-0 start to the season we had a couple of years ago, this team does seem like a legit team, but I don't feel like this is a team that you can expect to win every remaining game when there are still 8 left with none of them being creampuffs.

I don't think we should chock up UNC as a easy win (or even a should win at this point), their offense has looked pretty good so far (their defense is another story) and as happy and excited as I am about how our team is playing, we still haven't played a legit team with a non gimmick offense. FSU should tell us a lot about how much our defense has improved.

Going undefeated is a hard feat for even great teams, I like the improvement and unlike the 7-0 start to the season we had a couple of years ago, this team does seem like a legit team, but I don't feel like this is a team that you can expect to win every remaining game when there are still 8 left with none of them being creampuffs.

All things are possible with Al gone.

If you mother ****ers do not lose your voices next Saturday night you should go root for another team. It's going to be ******* insane next Saturday.

Advertisement

Good point on Notre Dame too. I didn't even think to put "Notre Dame will probably have 4 losses BEFORE we even play them" into my hypothetical prognostication.

I thought FSU and ND would come in undefeated -- so much for being a football genius. It does look like the stars could be lining up for us to have shot. We have a bunch of talented new players on defense who were not touched with the fat wand by Al and who expect to win now. Can we lose a game? Sure. Should we lose to anyone before Clemson? Nope, not now. Can we beat Clemson? Do you thing the kids from last year would like a little payback? You think Mark might be a little hyped for one win to the redemption of making the playoffs the first year after being fired. Yes and Yes. I like our chances.

Not really surprised, we haven't played anyone that good yet and I actually predicted FSU to have 3 loses at the midpoint of the season they got 2 with us next. Everything goin 100 according to plan. Now time to give FSU loss number 3!!

I thought FSU and ND would come in undefeated -- so much for being a football genius. It does look like the stars could be lining up for us to have shot. We have a bunch of talented new players on defense who were not touched with the fat wand by Al and who expect to win now. Can we lose a game? Sure. Should we lose to anyone before Clemson? Nope, not now. Can we beat Clemson? Do you thing the kids from last year would like a little payback? You think Mark might be a little hyped for one win to the redemption of making the playoffs the first year after being fired. Yes and Yes. I like our chances.

I'm doing my best to temper short term expectation of grandeur here but I do know that as of today we're more than likely favored in our remaining games. "As of today" is a dangerous term in relation to "eventual reality" but I'll take it as opposed to some other alternatives. Win this week, kill that monkey that's been on our back and then things start to get really serious.

Advertisement
Not really surprised, we haven't played anyone that good yet and I actually predicted FSU to have 3 loses at the midpoint of the season they got 2 with us next. Everything goin 100 according to plan. Now time to give FSU loss number 3!!

Invite me on your next Vegas trip, please.

Invite me on your next Vegas trip, please.

lol dont got the luck just knew FSU was overrated and had a tough first 6 games while we had very winnable games going into FSU. Plus if I would have bet on the tallywhackers to lose 3 they woulda found some way to be undefeated, how it always is for me lol whoever I bet against always burns me

My Bruh-n-law, a real fsu fan told me thought they would lose 5 this year. He's lookin spot on right now. 3rd L on 10/8 4th to clemson.

On dat 3rd loss tho, the world going to change. Leggo

My Bruh-n-law, a real fsu fan told me thought they would lose 5 this year. He's lookin spot on right now. 3rd L on 10/8 4th to clemson.

On dat 3rd loss tho, the world going to change. Leggo

I want them to look back at this Saturday night kinda how we look back at that Peach Bowl vs LSU. I want it to be referenced as the symbolic beginning of a longggg stretch of misery for them.

Advertisement
Back