What if Evan wins it

KyCane38

Redshirt Freshman
Do you see Richt getting him as much experience as possible or do you see perry a couple drives throughout the game?

Advertisement
I misunderstood this at 1st reading. Are you asking if someone else wins it, will Perry see mop up duty in games we are way ahead in? If you are talking about running a few Perry packages in the midst of each game, I sure hope not.

Last edited:
If a guy wins the job—no matter who they are—they should not have to be looking over their shoulder constantly and thinking about the 2nd string guy replacing them if they throw an interception, for example.

If Richt selects a clear cut starter, then he needs to roll with him unless he totally begins to suck. Quarterback is a rhythm position, so I have never liked the idea of rotating that position throughout games. That approach rarely works.

Advertisement
If Shirreffs or Rosier wins the job, I don't think there will be any "Perry Packages." I do think Perry will play in garbage time (probably most of the 2nd half) of the first couple games and in blowouts, and certainly if someone gets injured.

Agree, the way it's looking, Perry will get mop up duty. I don't see why a freshman will get the starting role unless he blows the doors out of these next scrimmages. It does look like we have competent QB's who can run the show we're looking for. I hope so.

I believe that if Rosier gets the job, Perry is more likely to get some reps to prepare for next year's open competition. If Evan wins, I think it is more likely that Perry will red shirt to establish sequence. All changes, of course if the starter changes in the season.

I believe that if Rosier gets the job, Perry is more likely to get some reps to prepare for next year's open competition. If Evan wins, I think it is more likely that Perry will red shirt to establish sequence. All changes, of course if the starter changes in the season.

Rosier is a redshirt junior. If he wins the job and performs well this year, then its not much of an open competition next year. Logically, you are not benching a redshirt senior with 14 to 15 starts who played well. If Perry does not win #2 , then you look to redshirt him. Getting him some garbage time doesn't really do much other than blow his redshirt year.

Advertisement

Rosier is a redshirt junior. If he wins the job and performs well this year, then its not much of an open competition next year. Logically, you are not benching a redshirt senior with 14 to 15 starts who played well. If Perry does not win [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] , then you look to redshirt him. Getting him some garbage time doesn't really do much other than blow his redshirt year.

Agreed. The only way he sees playing time this year is if he takes the #2 spot. I know our fans are chomping at the bit to see him on the field, but I'd personally rather see him start a full season as a redshirt senior than to get garbage time as a true freshman. Now if Shirreffs and Rosier stink, there might not be a choice.

Advertisement
We will look the same when Kaaya was here...average! 9 win season because of the defense! Shirreffs will not throw down field but I will be pulling for whoever wins the position.

Richt said that his QB's with the exception of Rosier suffered from a lack of experience - and there's only one way to get experience.

I'd say Perry will sit this year out - but our number Two QB will be getting some reps in some of the games in the event he has to come in.

It's the smart play.

After week 3 i'm fine with 4th QTR mop up duty, but whoever we select as QB unless they majorly struggle should be getting all the reps the first 3 games.

Advertisement
For years none of our back up QB's have had any meaningful playing time since we were barely hanging on to win games we should won easily. Needs to change.

Week 3 will be a tough game to win and whoever loses it most of the fan base will turn on instantly thats going to be tough to recover.............that being said if u have a qb who cant stretch the field against fsu we in trouble because that will make it easier for them. WHoever they give it to I'll root for regardless

I remember when Shannon used to switch Jacory and Marve on different drives.

That would always keep them both out of rhythm.

If it's Evan then I hope Richt sticks with a 1QB system

Someone needs to tell me the difference between a Perry package vs the others, because if you think Perry is going to be taking off on designed runs then you don't understand Perry or Ricts offense.

Advertisement
Back