What if Evan wins it

Someone needs to tell me the difference between a Perry package vs the others, because if you think Perry is going to be taking off on designed runs then you don't understand Perry or Ricts offense.

I assume they mean a pared down version of the playbook as he's only been on campus five minutes. A set number of plays that you increase each week as he gets more comfortable.

Advertisement
In 2004 David Greene was the starter at Georgia but Richt mixed in DJ Shockley from time to time so there is precedent if Richt thinks he has two good quarterbacks with different skill sets. David Greene, not mobile, DJ very mobile. DJ played in 10 of 12 games and was the starter the next year. I think Richt did it based on the type of defense they were up against and to light a fire under the team. If Perry isn't the starter it won't surprise me to see him inserted into the game in a non-mop up scenario. I agree that it can mess up a QB's rhythm.

Perry will either start or redshirt imo. I don't see them burning his shirt for some garbage minutes or having a "Perry Package".

Depends ..... are they really close or does one guy win it in a big way
- I think it also depends on the OL ----- if they play like they have the past few years you need someone that is mobile

Advertisement
In 2004 David Greene was the starter at Georgia but Richt mixed in DJ Shockley from time to time so there is precedent if Richt thinks he has two good quarterbacks with different skill sets. David Greene, not mobile, DJ very mobile. DJ played in 10 of 12 games and was the starter the next year. I think Richt did it based on the type of defense they were up against and to light a fire under the team. If Perry isn't the starter it won't surprise me to see him inserted into the game in a non-mop up scenario. I agree that it can mess up a QB's rhythm.

Yeah but you can look it from the other side of the coin. Shockley threw a crucial pick against the turds that basically cost uga a chance to play for the title. So maybe he doesn't want to go that route now.

Advertisement

Yeah but you can look it from the other side of the coin. Shockley threw a crucial pick against the turds that basically cost uga a chance to play for the title. So maybe he doesn't want to go that route now.

Also, you said it yourself that they had different skillsets. word is both Rosier and Evan are plentry athletic. No need to burn a potential Perry shirt for a little bit more athleticism.

We will look the same when Kaaya was here...average! 9 win season because of the defense! Shirreffs will not throw down field but I will be pulling for whoever wins the position.

Did you ever watch his high school tape? Will not throw down the field? Some of you need to put down the crack pipe and walk away. I hope and pray FSU is thinking like some of our fans.

Someone needs to tell me the difference between a Perry package vs the others, because if you think Perry is going to be taking off on designed runs then you don't understand Perry or Ricts offense.

I think he poses more of a threat than the others (not running) but being able to stretch the field or throw an out route with velocity. My thing is if we play someone who cant wing it then FSU will dare the qb to beat them and rush four. Regardless whos QB that game will be tough to win because they will have a good team and there defense should be good again. Just like us they can rush 4 and not worry about the run.....if MW can run the rock then that can change things but this OL is not that great IMO. FSU and Miami right now have similar teams except for the qb position which they have someone with experience. I will watch them vs Bama so I can see how they look because everything is guess work till we see the product in real action.

If Perry hasn't won the starting job by game 2 he should be RS.....learn the system,bulk up a little and hope like **** some of the juniors decide to stay that last year cause with a good QB we can make it to the playoffs and beyond next year.

Advertisement
If Perry hasn't won the starting job by game 2 he should be RS.....learn the system,bulk up a little and hope like **** some of the juniors decide to stay that last year cause with a good QB we can make it to the playoffs and beyond next year.

U can make the playoffs with a decent qb because i still dont know who washingtons qb was. Still cant believe they made the playoffs

U can make the playoffs with a decent qb because i still dont know who washingtons qb was. Still cant believe they made the playoffs

Just because you dont know who he is, doesn't mean he's a nobody. Browning was a consensus top 100 player and top 5 QB and was the California player of the year, a HS All American and was the National Junior player of the year in high school. He put up ridiculous numbers last year as well.

Jake Browning was a beast doe. All PAC 12/10 ( whatever it is now), offensive player of the year , finished sixth in heisman and broke school records. He was a lot better than decent bro.

Advertisement

Washington qb might be a 1st round pick. Dude threw 43tds and only 9 picks.

Did you ever watch his high school tape? Will not throw down the field? Some of you need to put down the crack pipe and walk away. I hope and pray FSU is thinking like some of our fans.

Stop it, the boy gotta noodle. Kaaya looked like He had an arm in HS, turned out to be a noodle in College.

Washington qb might be a 1st round pick. Dude threw 43tds and only 9 picks.

scheme

Jake Browning was a beast doe. All PAC 12/10 ( whatever it is now), offensive player of the year , finished sixth in heisman and broke school records. He was a lot better than decent bro.

Everytime that guy has a qb they look invinsible.........even at boise he had bumbs and they were good college qbs

Advertisement
Back