What if Butch Davis would've stayed at Miami? (Article)

He would have DESTROYED it at UM from 2001 onward...only an imbecile would think otherwise...

You’ll have to forgive me for not taking your eloquent insights as gospel since you were probably about 10 years old when Butch got here.

Unless you’re a grown man who can only insult people to make a point, which would then mean you’re just not very bright.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Maybe it's the fact that in 2017 we ended on a 3-game losing streak versus in 1999 we finished on a 4-game winning streak. Maybe it's the fact it's been 19 years. But looking back, I felt a sense of optimism going into 2000 whereby I just knew we were destined to do real big **** the next year.

I still think we're going to have a nice year in 2018, but there was something about entering that 2000 season that gave the program a buzz I'm not quite feeling now.

You’ll have to forgive me for not taking your insights eloquent as gospel since you were probably about 10 years old when Butch got here.

Unless you’re a grown man who can only insult people to make a point, which would then mean you’re just not very bright.
#1 I'm 57...
#2 I forgot more about UM FB than you'll ever know
Not Bright?....LoL...My portfolio says otherwise....I own everything I have....Home...3 vehicles...a Boat...Financially set for life....Yeah...some Dummy....

You’ll have to forgive me for not taking your insights eloquent as gospel since you were probably about 10 years old when Butch got here.

I doubt a 33 year old would speak and debate the way Sileo here does.

Insult??....I only insult people who spew unsubstantiated BS...which is quite the norm on here....To be Honest...It's not only insulting....it's absolute rubbish...

Advertisement
Lol how ironic for you to say that. Still waiting on the plethora of 2017 guys that would’ve been starting on the 99 team.
This Orlando guy is wired up about botch. He has posted he is rich. Why post for days about this subject. He should be enjoying life at a villa in southern France with a few hotties to entertain him. Something does not make sense. A very strange botch fan boy.

I doubt a 33 year old would speak and debate the way Sileo here does.
Again with the Sileo stuff (Btw...the real Sileo is not only a friend...but has been to my home on several occasions)...but I have YET to see you take me up on my offer??....All I hear is more of your same Sileo Crap....Clock is ticking....either take me up on my offer (so you can come back on here and admit you spoke out yer ***) or just cease to comment....

Lol how ironic for you to say that. Still waiting on the plethora of 2017 guys that would’ve been starting on the 99 team.
Not too many, that's for sure. Our best weapon on O is Richards, and he's not starting over Moss or Wayne. Our best talent on D might be at LB, and that team had Morgan and Webster. Our O-line in 99 was a bunch of scrappy maulers that could do it all, so I don't see anyone taking their places. D-line, maybe Jackson? That 99 team was loaded, and just needed a QB. Our team now just needs a QB, but isn't AS talented as the 99 team. Good enough to make a playoff run with a QB, but that 99 team was on the verge of greatness. We might look back in 5 years and say our 2017 team was as well, but we won't know that until then. ****, even Ed Reed in 99 wasn't the Ed Reed he was in 2000-01, so who knows what players are lurking on our roster that have potential greatness just waiting to be unleashed.

From where I stand, that 99 team was simply more solid top to bottom, and was the foundation for 2000-02. I hope that in a few years we can say the same thing about 2017, but it's too early to say they are there just yet.

I see you Love the Boring Emoji....LoL....Of course its boring when you have no come back except to keep spewing the same garbage....

Advertisement
Again with the Sileo stuff (Btw...the real Sileo is not only a friend...but has been to my home on several occasions)...but I have YET to see you take me up on my offer??....All I hear is more of your same Sileo Crap....Clock is ticking....either take me up on my offer (so you can come back on here and admit you spoke out yer ***) or just cease to comment....

Imagine being so Sileo that you don’t even know what it means to be Sileo.

Not too many, that's for sure. Our best weapon on O is Richards, and he's not starting over Moss or Wayne. Our best talent on D might be at LB, and that team had Morgan and Webster. Our O-line in 99 was a bunch of scrappy maulers that could do it all, so I don't see anyone taking their places. D-line, maybe Jackson? That 99 team was loaded, and just needed a QB. Our team now just needs a QB, but isn't AS talented as the 99 team. Good enough to make a playoff run with a QB, but that 99 team was on the verge of greatness. We might look back in 5 years and say our 2017 team was as well, but we won't know that until then. ****, even Ed Reed in 99 wasn't the Ed Reed he was in 2000-01, so who knows what players are lurking on our roster that have potential greatness just waiting to be unleashed.

From where I stand, that 99 team was simply more solid top to bottom, and was the foundation for 2000-02. I hope that in a few years we can say the same thing about 2017, but it's too early to say they are there just yet.

Yeah I really didn’t even think it was a debatable statement but apparently it was “full ******” according to Mr Sileo.

Yeah, 99 was a tough year. I see a lot of similarities between 99 and 17. A talented team with erratic QB play, with some frustrating losses. East Carolina and Pitt losses are similar, as they were both lost because of pitiful QB play. Wisconsin was a loss where we literally ripped a loss from the jaws of victory, much like the Penn State loss in 99. And VT was our Clemson beatdown. Clemson in 17 was much like VT in 99. A title contender, while we are still not quite there yet.

My biggest problem with Butch in 99 was not giving Dorsey a shot, since Kelly was struggling so badly at times. Against ECU you could see our guys running around wide open. I didn't want him fired, but I did want to see a new QB ASAP. Anyone with a functional brain could see what Butch was building, and how quickly he was doing it. Very, very similar to what is happening right now.

But yeah, I remember people wanting Butch fired in 99. I also remember people thinking him leaving after 2000 wasn't such a bad thing. We have some short sighted fans, that's for sure.
After 2000?, in 99 i wouldn't have cared.
Butch saved the best for last,, absolutely out coaching the mighy Spurrier in the Sugar bowl.
Miami's fault or Butch? (On leaving).
If they both wanted it, we wouldn't be arguing this moot point today..

This Orlando guy is wired up about botch. He has posted he is rich. Why post for days about this subject. He should be enjoying life at a villa in southern France with a few hotties to entertain him. Something does not make sense. A very strange botch fan boy.

And we’re obviously super poor in comparison to his greatness. He said he’d invite me to his mansion to view all of his awesome memorabilia and no lie I’m kinda excited!

Advertisement
Imagine being so Sileo that you don’t even know what it means to be Sileo.
Imagine calling someone out...then when the time comes to put up or shutup....they keep regurgitating the same BS.....as I've said...Don't question someones integrity...especially on a Public forum...then like a little Girl....run off....

No your not....your still taking Crap....and I've yet to see you take me up on my offer....
And we’re obviously super poor in comparison to his greatness. He said he’d invite me to his mansion to view all of his awesome memorabilia and no lie I’m kinda excited!

Advertisement
Insinuating that I was a Liar....Ya know...Your sly remark about it being Dan Sileo-ish....Which I'm cool with....My home is in Downtown Orlando (ColonialTown) ANYTIME you want to insinuate that I'm a Liar about ANYTHING I posted yesterday...whether its Memorabilia...Players I know...etc....P.M me....I'll be MORE than happy to give you my address, so we can put this to rest.....NEVER question someones Integrity...before finding out for yourself...

Sorry, but I have to work for a living, I'm not as fortunate as you, but since you've got plenty of free time, throw on a fresh jersey and hop in your Trans-Am and come down south and we'll settle up.:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

And lost more big games than anyone wants to remember. We SHOULD have won the title in 85, 86, and 88. In 88 he should have called a timeout to get the refs cleared up at ND. They gave the ball to ND on downs, not on a fumble. They were incorrect thinking it was 4th and goal. It was not. Had JJ called a timeout they could have worked it out. HUGE mistake on his part not doing everything in his power to get them to get it right. Heck, even the officials came out after the game and said they made the wrong call, that it should have been Miami's ball 1st and goal at the one. I kept the newspaper clipping until it fell apart. I'll never forget it.
Right you are! If it was a fumble,, ND starts at the 7.
After Refs admitted error, game should have been forfeited to us.
In 1972 we were asked by NCAA to forfeit a game at Tulane, refs lost track of downs.
I think we tild them KMA..

Advertisement
Back