What if at DC

Advertisement
LOLOL OP stated he wanted Ruffin McNeil as DC.....guy hasnt coached a good defense in his life, but bc he looks cool and has a cool name, the 18 year old OP loves him. You cant make it up folks.
Good afternoon FullyERicht, since you feel you need to berate people with your moronic comments let me give you some knowledge. One, since you read my bio you probably read that I was a four year varsity starter and my father is a retired nfl scout and I've been around football since before I could walk , I don't go around disrespecting other people's opinion because I was raised to respect other people's opinion now matter how idiotic it sounded. Secondly I did not change my mind Ruffin McNeil was hired at Virginia so he's no longer a candidate also to say that Ruffin McNeil can't coach is unfounded. He has held the position 4 times (3 times under offensive coaches at UNLV, Fresno state and, Texas tech).In fact in 2010 when he was named interim DC for Texas tech the defense improved from 7th in pass defense, ninth in total defense, and tenth in scoring defense in the big 12 to 1st in pass and total defense and fourth in scoring defense. He also has shown the ability to add 3-4 elements to a 4-3 defense that coach richt talked about in his press conference since he switched from a 4-3 to a 3-4 when he was hired at ECU and his defense gave up 102 less yards a game and improved its rating 64 places and finished in the top half of all fbs programs and in 2013 his team finished top 15 on both sides of the ball in 12 categories. That in itself is impressive anywhere you coach. Thirdly, I created this thread to have healthy conversations about who should be the next DC, not to have to have others berate and bully by calling someone's opinion idiotic. Seriously it's shameful that a 20 y/o college kid has to tell this to adults. Please don't try to call me out for being rude to ball because I apologized to him after I realized I came off rude. To the majority of you thank you for giving great opinions from Doc brown, John jancek, and Winston Moss. All three are quality coaches and would be great hires even though Winston moss does coach in a 3-4 Zone scheme (not zone blitz that doesn't exist) but if you want to coach football you need to be able to coach all schemes so the only thing that would matter is if you can recruit.

LOLOLOLOL oh really? The zone blitz doesn't exist huh? No such thing? ESPN.com: NCF - Football 101: The zone blitz

LMFAO you can't make it up. Why is it that those with the least amount of brain cells are the ones who are always so certain?

I would be a fan of Doc Brown as DC: he could take the delorean back to 1994 and bring us Sapp and Ray Lewis and we'd be all set.

Or we could hire Don Brown from Boston College. Whichever you prefer.

Last edited:
LOLOL OP stated he wanted Ruffin McNeil as DC.....guy hasnt coached a good defense in his life, but bc he looks cool and has a cool name, the 18 year old OP loves him. You cant make it up folks.
Good afternoon FullyERicht, since you feel you need to berate people with your moronic comments let me give you some knowledge. One, since you read my bio you probably read that I was a four year varsity starter and my father is a retired nfl scout and I've been around football since before I could walk , I don't go around disrespecting other people's opinion because I was raised to respect other people's opinion now matter how idiotic it sounded. Secondly I did not change my mind Ruffin McNeil was hired at Virginia so he's no longer a candidate also to say that Ruffin McNeil can't coach is unfounded. He has held the position 4 times (3 times under offensive coaches at UNLV, Fresno state and, Texas tech).In fact in 2010 when he was named interim DC for Texas tech the defense improved from 7th in pass defense, ninth in total defense, and tenth in scoring defense in the big 12 to 1st in pass and total defense and fourth in scoring defense. He also has shown the ability to add 3-4 elements to a 4-3 defense that coach richt talked about in his press conference since he switched from a 4-3 to a 3-4 when he was hired at ECU and his defense gave up 102 less yards a game and improved its rating 64 places and finished in the top half of all fbs programs and in 2013 his team finished top 15 on both sides of the ball in 12 categories. That in itself is impressive anywhere you coach. Thirdly, I created this thread to have healthy conversations about who should be the next DC, not to have to have others berate and bully by calling someone's opinion idiotic. Seriously it's shameful that a 20 y/o college kid has to tell this to adults. Please don't try to call me out for being rude to ball because I apologized to him after I realized I came off rude. To the majority of you thank you for giving great opinions from Doc brown, John jancek, and Winston Moss. All three are quality coaches and would be great hires even though Winston moss does coach in a 3-4 Zone scheme (not zone blitz that doesn't exist) but if you want to coach football you need to be able to coach all schemes so the only thing that would matter is if you can recruit.

LOLOLOLOL oh really? The zone blitz doesn't exist huh? No such thing? ESPN.com: NCF - Football 101: The zone blitz

LMFAO you can't make it up. Why is it that those with the least amount of brain cells are the ones who are always so certain?

I would be a fan of Doc Brown as DC: he could take the delorean back to 1994 and bring us Sapp and Ray Lewis and we'd be all set.

...hey bud next time you decide to pull up a playbook make sure it's not telling you how to blitz out a 3-4 zone..a 3-4 zone blitz isn't a playbook it's a concept (or scheme if you will)because for it to be called blitz you have to blitz on every play and guess what doesn't matter if you play base 4-3, 4-2-5,3-3-5,46, or 3-4 you're not blitzing every play. Oh btw your little article even says everyone uses a zone blitz scheme, which is correct, hence the base defense not being 3-4 zone blitz but a 3-4 zone due to the fact the specific team doesn't use a lot of man coverage just like an attacking 4-3 base is different from a base 4-3(also known as a 4-3 cover 2)because it uses more man coverage than zone. Now if you wanna challenge my lack of brain cells again please use some of yours.

Last edited:
Is the OP 20 years old and a 4 year varsity starter??? And in which sport??? Did you graduate high school early???

Either way, OP, we're not exactly on a good etiquette, Marcus of Queensbury Rules following kind of message board... it's full of angry, pillaging, pirate "Savages" and when in Rome....

Is the OP 20 years old and a 4 year varsity starter??? And in which sport??? Did you graduate high school early???

Either way, OP, we're not exactly on a good etiquette, Marcus of Queensbury Rules following kind of message board... it's full of angry, pillaging, pirate "Savages" and when in Rome....
i played football and baseball on varsity for my high school which I'm very proud of because I was my school's first 4 year starter and 3x captain in both sports. But at least you have your opinion on a DC no one else apparently does

Advertisement
We'll, OP, if mostly no one has an opinion on a D.C., do you feel like your post was: (a) a failure, (b) successful but simply hijacked by cyber-bullies, (c) both a & b, or (d) none of the above?

...hey bud next time you decide to pull up a playbook make sure it's not telling you how to blitz out a 3-4 zone..a 3-4 zone blitz isn't a playbook it's a concept (or scheme if you will)because for it to be called blitz you have to blitz on every play and guess what doesn't matter if you play base 4-3, 4-2-5,3-3-5,46, or 3-4 you're not blitzing every play. Oh btw your little article even says everyone uses a zone blitz scheme, which is correct, hence the base defense not being 3-4 zone blitz but a 3-4 zone due to the fact the specific team doesn't use a lot of man coverage just like an attacking 4-3 base is different from a base 4-3(also known as a 4-3 cover 2)because it uses more man coverage than zone. Now if you wanna challenge my lack of brain cells again please use some of yours.

3-4 Zone Blitz it's used as a base descriptor for the Capers/Lebeau system. The very one that Winston has coached in, that he would be bringing to Miami. It has been referred to as such for over 20 years.

Just like Seattle is a 4-3 Under Cover 3 base.

Just like Randy's defense was 4-3 Cover 2-man. And Michigan State is 4-3 Over Cover 4. And Golden's was the Okie 3-4.

You are 20 years old. You were barely conscious when Miami actually played good football. Your football knowledge consists of being a High School player.....Go lose your virginity, spend years actually coaching the game and then come have a seat at the big boy table.

He's never been a Defensive Coordinator in his career and don't need him starting now. He's a position coach at DL and that hire would be very popular here I'd believe.
.. You're right he was just the head coach at ole miss for 4 years and a finalist for the usc 2 years ago when he was interim

Why do think in his long career he has never been promoted to DC?
That's a good a question to think about before you start suggesting him as a DC.

3-4 Zone Blitz it's used as a base descriptor for the Capers/Lebeau system. The very one that Winston has coached in, that he would be bringing to Miami. It has been referred to as such for over 20 years.

Just like Seattle is a 4-3 Under Cover 3 base.

Just like Randy's defense was 4-3 Cover 2-man. And Michigan State is 4-3 Over Cover 4. And Golden's was the Okie 3-4.

You are 20 years old. You were barely conscious when Miami actually played good football. Your football knowledge consists of being a High School player.....Go lose your virginity, spend years actually coaching the game and then come have a seat at the big boy table.
OMFG!!! Ok ****head Read this then **** Lebeau does play 3-4 zone blitz and he's the one who does he plays a traditional okie 3-4 with stunts, blitzes and a combination of nickel and man and he plays zone when he blitzes which mean he needs elite linebackers Dom capers doesn't use the same ideology other than the zone aspect because if you really knew what you were talking about you'll know when Dom capers blitzes more than 5 he plays man, **** Lebeau doesn't.Seattle plays a combination 4-3 defense using cover 1, and cover 3 and switch it up with usually one corner playing man and the other playing zone on deep third downs or play man in the look and when they do that they play a combination of press and bail and press-man and not just in cover three but in cover 1 too. They combine those two schemes with playing 3-3-5 nickel and 4-2-5 nickel in their playbook they don't make Richard Sherman back step 12 yards and do a five by five coverage split they'll be burned on crossing routes and slants all game long.Michigan state plays 4-3 with a variation of cover 4 not a true cover four which is a soft, prevent with a ten yard split it's far from it because you don't press in cover 4 because you have too much ground too make up to your zone and won't be able to keep the ball in front of you which is the whole idea of cover 4 and Michigan state presses all the time and line up inside instead of outside the receiver and they'll switch to cover 2 in one receiver sets by the way cover 2 is a combination coverage of man and zone just like cover 1 is hence it not being called cover 2-man or cover 1-man. The only thing your right about is that al golden's base defense was the traditional 3-4 with 2 gap responsibilities which is okie 3-4 and **** Lebeau play the only true 3-4 zone blitz left. Now are you done or do I need to school you again if you don't believe me look all this up btw maybe you didn't read properly my dad is a former nfl scout I've been around this game since before I could walk that's where I got my knowledge not high school football now go back to coaching pop Warner there grandpa and let me know when your ready to sit at the big boys table *****

Advertisement
Coordinator and Head Coaches require a certain skill sets. Ed O does not posses those skill sets. It's why he has failed as a HC and never been a DC. How hard is that to understand?

What are your thoughts on Winston moss?

Brock why is it so hard to understand that in this perticular moment in the condition the program is in we can take the risk of a first time DC.
Just as we could not take the risk of a first time HC.
If the program was in a better place then sure you can take the risk but not right now.

Coordinator and Head Coaches require a certain skill sets. Ed O does not posses those skill sets. It's why he has failed as a HC and never been a DC. How hard is that to understand?

Brock why is it so hard to understand that in this perticular moment in the condition the program is in we can take the risk of a first time DC.
If the program was in a better place then sure you can take the risk but not right now.
but our statements are on the belief that their isn't a proven coordinator worthy other than someone like don brown but again would this be a better job for him especially since he's only coached in the northeast. I believe the new DC needs to be able to coach and recruit so I offered Ed Orgeron even though he's never been a DC but has run a team just based about how involved cmr wants to be with the offense

Last edited:
Please offer your opinions I'm pretty sure someone can come up with something

Advertisement
LMAO... This thread cracks me up... but it's run it's course. I look forward to OP's next one.

For the same reason that it's hard for him to understand why 1+1 doesn't equal Rice Krispies.

��

but our statements are on the belief that their isn't a proven coordinator worthy other than someone like don brown but again would this be a better job for him especially since he's only coached in the northeast. I believe the new DC needs to be able to coach and recruit so I offered Ed Orgeron even though he's never been a DC but has run a team just based about how involved cmr wants to be with the offense

"but our statements are on the belief that their isn't a proven coordinator"

Your belief is not fact.
Your belief is based on your very limited knowledge of coordinators available.
You have zero knowledge of the pool of coordinators Richt is choosing from.
How many division 1 college football teams are there?
Over 100. So that's 100 coordinators right there.
Out of those teams how many position coaches with prior coordinators experience?
Guess what pool just got bigger.
Now let's add to that the NFL.
Pool just got even bigger.
Now how many of those Richt knows or has a relationship with?
See how much you don't really know!

Advertisement
��

"but our statements are on the belief that their isn't a proven coordinator"

Your belief is not fact.
Your belief is based on your very limited knowledge of coordinators available.
You have zero knowledge of the pool of coordinators Richt is choosing from.
How many division 1 college football teams are there?
Over 100. So that's 100 coordinators right there.
Out of those teams how many position coaches with prior coordinators experience?
Guess what pool just got bigger.
Now let's add to that the NFL.
Pool just got even bigger.
Now how many of those Richt knows or has a relationship with?
See how much you don't really know!
yea no **** Captain that's why I'm ******* asking because I don't really pay attention to most coaches like really I think I've made that clear btw you contradicted yourself and you haven't thrown in one so you don't know one either. Franchise tell me what don brown's done at bc and I know from my cousin who played for him that he ran traditional 4-3 with cover 2, 3, 4 concepts has that changed?

Advertisement
Back