What if at DC

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
We go and hire Ed Orgeron. He will play richt's ideology on defense and there isn't going to be one recruit who wouldn't wanna play for him

Advertisement
He's never been a Defensive Coordinator in his career and don't need him starting now. He's a position coach at DL and that hire would be very popular here I'd believe.

Another great new addition to the board. Welcome, friend. You're making some really astute posts in your first few days here.

He's never been a Defensive Coordinator in his career and don't need him starting now. He's a position coach at DL and that hire would be very popular here I'd believe.
.. You're right he was just the head coach at ole miss for 4 years and a finalist for the usc 2 years ago when he was interim

Last edited:
Advertisement
.. Your right he was just the head coach at ole miss for 4 years and a finalist for the use 2 years when he was interim

He was fired after 3 years at Ole Miss and threw a fit when he didn't get the full time job at USCw. There's a strong reason the man hasn't been a coordinator and was unsuccessful as a head coach. Not everyone is a #1 and in his case he isn't a #2 but a very very good #3 . He's good with his DL's and an ace recruiter. His value is there.

.. You're right he was just the head coach at ole miss for 4 years and a finalist for the usc 2 years ago when he was interim

long time lurker with inside info i suppose?...SMFH

.. Your right he was just the head coach at ole miss for 4 years and a finalist for the use 2 years when he was interim

He was fired after 3 years at Ole Miss and threw a fit when he didn't get the full time job at USCw. There's a strong reason the man hasn't been a coordinator and was unsuccessful as a head coach. Not everyone is a #1 and in his case he isn't a #2 but a very very good #3 . He's good with his DL's and an ace recruiter. His value is there.
oh **** sorry about sounding rude bro I just read what I wrote but there has to be a reason he makes 650,000 a year as dl coach and he also has UM ties

oh **** sorry about sounding rude bro I just read what I wrote but there has to be a reason he makes 650,000 a year as dl coach and he also has UM ties

All in all he would be a good addition to the staff. You would never have to worry about not being able to obtain elite defensive lineman or worry about them not being coached properly and to the best of their abilities. He's an ace recruiter. You pair him with richt, possibly McClendon, rocker, Lilly and you would have a top 10 coaching staff in recruiting alone and you still have positions available to improve that ranking. It's not likely because I think he will go to USC because he is close to their coach out there

Advertisement

All in all he would be a good addition to the staff. You would never have to worry about not being able to obtain elite defensive lineman or worry about them not being coached properly and to the best of their abilities. He's an ace recruiter. You pair him with richt, possibly McClendon, rocker, Lilly and you would have a top 10 coaching staff in recruiting alone and you still have positions available to improve that ranking. It's not likely because I think he will go to USC because he is close to their coach out there. Anyone knocking Ed Oregeron to Miami idea is bat sh*t crazy because you would absolutely HATE it if he went to UF or Fsu and recruited and coached against us regularly...

Last edited:

Novel theory here, bro, but hear me out. I think the reason he's making a lot of money as a DL coach is because he's a very good and proven DL coach and recruiter, bro.

yes, he deserves to be paid at the top for DL coaches, no argument there. That doesn't make him a qualified candidate as a DC though. He's a loud rah rah guy that kids buy into which is exactly what position coaches should. Do not see him being overly organized or structured which a DC needs. I am not saying he is a bad coach as he is a very good DL coach but it stops there

Novel theory here, bro, but hear me out. I think the reason he's making a lot of money as a DL coach is because he's a very good and proven DL coach and recruiter, bro.

If he was qualified to be a head coach at Ole miss and interim head coach at USC and was successful at that particularly stint then I don't see why he couldn't be a defensive coordinator

Advertisement

If he was qualified to be a head coach at Ole miss and interim head coach at USC and was successful at that particularly stint then I don't see why he couldn't be a defensive coordinator

You're absolutely right. Being a failed HC and an interim HC qualifies him to be a DC. Makes perfect sense, broke. Are you and OP Siamese twins? Larry Scott would be a great OC because he's been interim HC here for several games.

You're absolutely right. Being a failed HC and an interim HC qualifies him to be a DC. Makes perfect sense, broke. Are you and OP Siamese twins? Larry Scott would be a great OC because he's been interim HC here for several games.

Cmon man it's just an opinion, in that logic you would say a guy like Mike London would suck at being a defensive coordinator because he failed as head coach or let's use our own cane blood randy Shannon who was better than golden but still bad as a head coach, you can't use that as being the final barometer if they can be a defensive coordinator or not. Shannon has UF linebackers playing at an elite level and when he was a defensive coordinator here our defenses were great

Last edited:

I get how you can say he's disorganized but that interim job any usc was as disorganized as it gets and the kids played better football all around and I don't think there's a better candidate because the best one was Jeremy Pruitt which wasn't happening then Ruffin McNeill and he got hired and I'll feel a lot better with Orgeron than with Winston moss from the packers or promoting Tracy rocker up here

Advertisement

Cmon man it's just an opinion, in that logic you would say a guy like Mike London would suck at being a defensive coordinator because he failed as head coach or let's use our own came blood randy Shannon who was better than golden but still bad as a head coach, you can't use that as being the final barometer if they can be a defensive coordinator or not. Shannon has UF linebackers playing at an elite level and when he was a defensive coordinator here our defenses were great

Completely different situations. London had prior success as a defensive coordinator before failing as a head coach at Virginia. Orgeron has never been a DC in his life. London is a proven commodity as a defensive coordinator whereas Orgeron is a complete unknown.

As for Shannon, he needs to stay far away from this program. We need to move away from the stink of the past decade and start fresh.

Wow.

Reading this thread reminds me of watching a bunch of special needs folk doing landscaping work in front of
my office.
As I sat there looking out my office window, I watched several of these youngsters attack each other with
rakes and shovels.
Needless to say, no grass was cut on that day.

The feeling I had that day is the same feeling I get reading some of the stuff on this board, especially
the OP and his respondents.

you're right but name any better candidate based off resume.

Cmon man it's just an opinion, in that logic you would say a guy like Mike London would suck at being a defensive coordinator because he failed as head coach or let's use our own came blood randy Shannon who was better than golden but still bad as a head coach, you can't use that as being the final barometer if they can be a defensive coordinator or not. Shannon has UF linebackers playing at an elite level and when he was a defensive coordinator here our defenses were great

Completely different situations. London had prior success as a defensive coordinator before failing as a head coach at Virginia. Orgeron has never been a DC in his life. London is a proven commodity as a defensive coordinator whereas Orgeron is a complete unknown.

As for Shannon, he needs to stay far away from this program. We need to move away from the stink of the past decade and start fresh.
But I'm talking about candidates bro that's why I started with what if because in my eyes he's a safer bet due to his resume because using all of your theories every coordinator position should go to former coordinators. My position is based off of other people like rocker or London or whoever he's the best because he can recruit what he needs and we will have an elite line and I believe he'll do a good job. You're basically taking the same risk with everyone else

Winston moss would be a great hire for DC too but I guess he's not qualified according to the self anointed message board head coaches because he hasn't been a defensive coordinator yet. Never mind his 17 years of experience coaching in the NFL LOL....

Advertisement
Back