What I would like to see going forward this season

- Minimum 35 passing attempts a game
- More targets for Key Smith, Jacoby George, Romello Brinson, Brashard Smith & Michael Redding (if he’s healthy)
- Start Elijah Arroyo, I know he’s not going to start, but he needs waaaay more snaps & way more targets
- More carries for Thadd Franklin & Cody Brown
- Play TAC & Chase Smith at LB
- The top 4 CB’s should be Stevenson (if healthy), Couch, Clarke & Curtis

Obviously with Bolden being out we’ll now see JW & Kamren as the starting Safeties, which will be great to see going forward. Plus Tae Williams will get more acclimated into the 3rd Safety role as well.

As far as the DLine is concerned, just throw everybody out there & see who makes the most play.

The mentality for the rest of season should be to just literally leave it all out on the field, we should play as if it’s the last game of the season for every game for the rest of the year.

We have nothing to lose, we should be playing like it.
Obviously I agree with your post but you bring up some excellent points. The 35 pass attempt minimum is right on the money. This is a passing team with a potential rising star at QB. We have great RB talent but the running game needs to be our changeup pitch

I have brought up TAC on several occasions and it's crickets every time. Information on TAC's status must be a closely guarded state secret and a matter of national security. WTF is the deal with this guy anyway? We are giving young freshmen PT left and right but TAC is nowhere to be found.

Agree on Jacolby George and Michael Redding. Speaking of Redding is he also on a top secret counterintelligence assignment for the CIA? The guy literally just disappeared along with TAC.

About CB you said that Curtis should be top 4. Do you base that on his speed and physical attributes or have you heard that he is looking good? I'm all for it. I hate to bag on the kid but Dunson was beyond terrible against NC ST. I kept getting Nick Ward vs FSU flashbacks. Hope he can recover and get better.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would like to see more misdirection from our offense. Have rooster come across the QB from the slot. Fake the hand off, hand it off, use the TE as a fullback and run plays off it, do more slot screens, throw some shots down field with single safety,

He’s targeted Smith so much I’m almost suspicious. Don’t need him to spread it around any more to him. And restrepo is slow and struggles to separate. The windows are tighter with him. Brinson needs to be on the field much more.
huh? Literally everytime I look restrepo is wide open. Are you talking about that one deep route?

I don't see anything with George at PR and don't quite understand why he's there. But then again I haven't really understood our PR rotation the last several years.
I don't get it either. I like George as a WR prospect but as a PR I don't see anything special. Give Curtis or Clarke a shot.

I expect Pitt to sell out a lot on defense like NC state did and that leaves a lot of single coverage that a guy like Rambo gobbles up. We talked all off season about negating the opponents' strategy of selling out to stop the run and leaving their corners on islands. To do that, they're going to have to continue what they did against State and that's throwing to set up the run game. The combination of an accurate deep ball from VanDyke and receivers who can actually beat press man coverage can totally open everything up. When it comes to punishing defenses for getting too greedy, this year's guys are having better success downfield.

I know the fumbled punt return was a really bad look for George but I really like what he had been doing up to that point. Honestly, he just needs to play it safe and call for the fair catch on some of those occasions but otherwise he was fielding the ball nicely and doing a good job of picking up positive yardage. After last year's joke of a punt return team, just fielding the ball cleanly is a step in the right direction.

Advertisement
Going to throw this out again: I’ve seen some talk on a few different podcasts that Likens could have been heavily involved in the play calls this week. He IS the passing game coordinator. How does anyone know if he collaborated with Lashlee or not? It certainly looked different on offense than it has in a long while
It definitely looked different , i just figured he was using more of the Sonny Dykes stuff. I didn’t think much more about it, that’s a good point to look into.

- Minimum 35 passing attempts a game
- More targets for Key Smith, Jacolby George, Romello Brinson, Brashard Smith & Michael Redding (if he’s healthy)
- Start Elijah Arroyo, I know he’s not going to start, but he needs waaaay more snaps & way more targets
- More carries for Thadd Franklin & Cody Brown
- Play TAC & Chase Smith at LB
- The top 4 CB’s should be Stevenson (if healthy), Couch, Clarke & Curtis

Obviously with Bolden being out we’ll now see JW & Kamren as the starting Safeties, which will be great to see going forward. Plus Tae Williams will get more acclimated into the 3rd Safety role as well.

As far as the DLine is concerned, just throw everybody out there & see who makes the most plays.

The mentality for the rest of season should be to just literally leave it all out on the field, we should play as if it’s the last game of the season for every game for the rest of the year.

We have nothing to lose, we should be playing like it.
The fans got nothing to lose.

Manny's got plenty to lose.

It's still important to try and win these last games.

Going to throw this out again: I’ve seen some talk on a few different podcasts that Likens could have been heavily involved in the play calls this week. He IS the passing game coordinator. How does anyone know if he collaborated with Lashlee or not? It certainly looked different on offense than it has in a long while
Someone helped and whoever that was needs to be oc

I don't see anything with George at PR and don't quite understand why he's there. But then again I haven't really understood our PR rotation the last several years.
He's elusive and many times he gets some yards in pretty good coverage.

Advertisement
I don't think Manny believes that for one second.
Manny knows the clock is ticking because Snake James has recently made it clear he no longer has his back.

Manuel may be in over his head as a HC but he’s not complete dummy, he knows that once his benefactor in Snake J starts trying to distance himself from him & is publicly speaking on his job security & privately throwing him under the bus to the BOT, that means the clock is ticking.

All coaches know when they’re on the way out, the average coach by the time they’re in their 40’s has already been fired multiple times & understands the landscape of the business well enough to know when they axe is about to fall.

Manny ain’t that naive to think he’s surviving this season, even if he wins out, which of course he’s not.

Advertisement
Obviously I agree with your post but you bring up some excellent points. The 35 pass attempt minimum is right on the money. This is a passing team with a potential rising star at QB. We have great RB talent but the running game needs to be our changeup pitch

I have brought up TAC on several occasions and it's crickets every time. Information on TAC's status must be a closely guarded state secret and a matter of national security. WTF is the deal with this guy anyway? We are giving young freshmen PT left and right but TAC is nowhere to be found.

Agree on Jacolby George and Michael Redding. Speaking of Redding is he also on a top secret counterintelligence assignment for the CIA? The guy literally just disappeared along with TAC.

About CB you said that Curtis should be top 4. Do you base that on his speed and physical attributes or have you heard that he is looking good? I'm all for it. I hate to bag on the kid but Dunson was beyond terrible against NC ST. I kept getting Nick Ward vs FSU flashbacks. Hope he can recover and get better.

Chase Smith, Cave, Thad Franklin, Brashard, the 3 Amigos and Arroyo. WTF happened to these kids? Yes I know we see them here and there. But they need to be playing significantly more

What I want for the rest of the year is macro.
* Remove the AD & HC as fast as possible.
* Find a way to retain the talented 2020 and 2021 class
* Convince the best upperclassmen to return (e.g., Stevenson, Nelson, Nesta)
* Bring in a big swinging dyck as our HC
* Keep TRob on staff so we can salvage the 2022 class and land a top 5 2023 class

Advertisement
Only thing I’ll add is then Manny is coaching for his next job. Because if he flames out, he might not find another coaching gig.
He’ll get another DC gig fairly easily. He was able to rebuild his rep after the Texas disaster. He’ll do it again. It probably won’t be a major P5 program right away but he’ll find work.

I was quite disappointed when Diaz kept Patke plus promoted him....except for having exceptional punter and kicker our special teams have not generated a score in so long I cannot remember the last time they did. If special teams performed better we'd win these close games by better margins. We are the university of Devin Nester and Duke Johnson plus a plethora of special teams talent yet we fumble and bumble and see nothing out of them.

Advertisement
Back