What I would like to see from the team this year!

As long as the defense can mimic Auburn's national title winning defense of a few years ago at the least, (definitely wasn't the best but did just enough) all of this year's aspirations are in reach IMO with how deadly our offense can be.

Advertisement
UNC type games? UNC is good, it's a road game. It's going to be close. UVA? Yeah, agree with you there, but not UNC.

1) At worst go 10-2. We need this. The conference needs this. There are only 2 teams on our schedule that I would not argue have more depth and are better than us on paper (FSU and UF). But we need to beat every other "evenly matched" team. We are not "back" until we beat everyone in the conference...in the same year.

2) We need to rout a few teams in our conference to build swagger and increase fear. Right now no one is scared of us. Duke hasn't beat us but if you look at that game, historically we've been lucky to escape with Wins. I remember Jacory's freshman year he saved us with 3 second half TDs.

3) Mark D'Onofrio save his job. I don't want this guy to fail. Fired coaches are bad for recruiting internally and externally. It's bad for continuity. And it can hinder player development. I want to see D'Onofrio adapt to his own talent and adapt to his opponent. hopefully moving up to the box will help me see the field better and make better calls.

4)Oline and Dline. Please for once in the last 5 years can we get push and open holes consistently. Please for once in the last 5 years can we not get pushed and clog holes.

5) Duke or Morris for Heisman. We need this, the conference needs this. Outside of Taj Boyd these are the only 2 players in the conference who can get a chance to sniff this trophy.

Yes there are some lofty goals up there. But i'm tired of losing games to uVA and UNC. These teams should be Ws every year. And even more so we should be dominating. Butch is gone and uVA has and will be crap again. This is a 10 win schedule if I've ever seen one.

Last edited:
I would love it if we could stop a **** rushing QB. It has been years. I don't think it will be this year, aside from UF game.

Agreed. Stop the rushing QBs, and stop the TEs. Those have been two weaknesses for a very long time, through 2, or even 3, coaching staffs.

Advertisement
MOAR CELEBRATIONS!!!!!!

441.gif

538.gif

[]_[]nique-31;1575684 said:
As long as the defense can mimic Auburn's national title winning defense of a few years ago at the least, (definitely wasn't the best but did just enough) all of this year's aspirations are in reach IMO with how deadly our offense can be.
It would help if we had Nick Fairley on our d-line.

Why are ya'll talking like UNC is a busted team. UNC was good last year and will be formidable this year as well. We **** well shouldn't be losing to UVA though. I cosign that a 100%. However UNC will be tough on thursday at night in their hood. I think we will win but not likely by a blowout.

Advertisement
Why are ya'll talking like UNC is a busted team. UNC was good last year and will be formidable this year as well. We **** well shouldn't be losing to UVA though. I cosign that a 100%. However UNC will be tough on thursday at night in their hood. I think we will win but not likely by a blowout.
It's called having a delusional fan base that hasn't been paying attention.
Oh and Duke is not your granpapi's Duke team of old. Sure we should expect to beat them but just not like we did back in the day.

Watch UNC tonite, and when they crap their pants, keep telling yourself how good they are. They are a bad ACC team.

Miami lacks quality depth at key positions, QB, RB, LB, and Safety. We lose Morris, Duke, DP or Deon and we will struggle.

I'm hopeful and expecting the team to stay relatively healthy due
To the conditioning Golden has implemented.

It's called having a delusional fan base that hasn't been paying attention.
Oh and Duke is not your granpapi's Duke team of old. Sure we should expect to beat them but just not like we did back in the day.

UNC had 2 good years under Butch. Butch is gone and so are all of the better players he recruited. TheY are not that formidable.
Not your grandfathers duke? What cuz they won 6 games? We've been barely beating duke for years even when they were winning 2 games.
Come on man, I know we haven't been good for a while but competing with Duke football....

Advertisement
You young bloods have to tighten up your vaginas.
Our season boils down to Florida and FSU.
It's that simple.
Watching this ****** UNC team shows the critical importance of a good experienced offensive line and a 2 deep that is experienced.
Throw in electric playmakers like Morris, Duke, 6 starting wideouts, good tight ends and we are going to score on any defense.

Our defense may not be the best, but they are big, strong, fast and experienced.
Last year we were inexperienced and played a step slow. We were small with 270lb dt's and 225lb lbs. now we are 265, 325, 305, 275 across the line and 243, 240, and 235 at lb.
We were deer in the headlights on defense last year, and you know what happens to Bambi's? They get flattened by trucks.
This year we are going to be the truck.

Advertisement
I'd like to see us win more than seven games for a change. I would also like to see us beat North Carolina and Virginia in the same season. Haven't done that since 2005.

How about beat all the bad teams in the Coastal, which is all of them? That would go a long way to getting us in position to get into "We Back" position.

With real expectations and no orange and green glasses on....

1.) see a much improved defense from top to bottom and see our d line play at a miami level

2.) beat the U***s and noles

3.) win the **** ACC championship it's ridiculous to think that we have yet to win our conference since we've joined

4.) play in a BCS bowl game and win

If we can do that I feel like were "back"

Advertisement
Back