What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

View as article
Advertisement
Just look at the previous ties he’s had coaching qbs for him.
Marcus arroyo is an option who is grooming Justin Herbert who would likely have been a top 5 pick if he came out this year and then another assistant he had coaching for him in the past at fiu was James coley. Coley is doing **** good as the qb coach for uga the last few years
He's 35-52 as HC & with that same top 5 QB only managed to go 8-4 with losses to Stanford, Wash St, AZ & Utah.

And check back a few pages, I been posting on Arroyo.

Butch Davis with lane lifting as Oc???? What do y’all think??
Hmm
But He’s owned Butch Davis on the field the last 2 years. Jk but I could work with that and have Lane Kiffin a head coach in waiting title with a huge salary(1.5 million) to lure him to Miami as just an oc right now

Mario should have been the hire the first time over Mark Richt. Mark is a great man but he got stale as a coach and it happens. Bobby Bowden, Joe Pa.. Les Miles, Steve Spurrier you see it all the time that good coaches get stale and stubborn as they go on. Nick Saban as much as I don't like him and Bamholes he saw his offense was limited when they lost and went to get Lane Kiffin to fix that. More championships. Dabo Swinney too he and Nick Saban benched their starting qbs and they were winning proving that they were not trying to get stale and stubborn which would cost them shots at titles. Mario got a raw deal at FIU and I know he left us under Golden in a bad manner but still He was a great recruiter that knew the culture and got his feet wet as a coach to know how to build from his mistakes that cost him the last year at FIU. Now they may have a second chance at this guy. Don't mess it up but I see a panic hire and another setback.

Advertisement
Paying 10 million once is different than having to pay it yearly

Of course it is. But $10 million is a very large chunk of change out of a four year UM football coaching budget. I'd guess it's our entire budget for assistant coaches for at least 3 years.

Lots of buzz out there around a lot of candidates. It's barely been ten hours since the announcement, nothing solid is going to develop for at least a day or two. Blake looked completely lost at the press conference, he knows he needs to get this hire right. Otherwise, he's done.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ok....if he did that then he'd have graduated from players checkers to playing chess. But either way.....I'm not big on Mario.

Me neither honestly. I'll give anyone hired a shot, but I'd have limited confidence in Mario without stellar coordinators. And I was completely joking on Herbert.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back